bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
And then yay Canada Post! Someone from there just called me back and he is going to ask his driver to deliver it tomorrow :)

Yaaaaay!!!!

#%@^"?? and a bit more !%$^^^*#^!)*^

breathe.

What's up Len?

stupid stuff at 'the other site'. but this is my fave venting place :dance::dance:

I agree. I am not very happy with how things went down there. :angry:

#%@^"?? and a bit more !%$^^^*#^!)*^

breathe.

What's up Len?

stupid stuff at 'the other site'. but this is my fave venting place :dance::dance:

:lol: breathe in and out Len! ps- if you work at Sbucks does that mean we are getting free coffee? :whistle:

Yes, good luck on your second interview, Len! It's only 9:30am there so you probably haven't had it yet. lol

iagree.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I know I haven't been hanging out around here in a while. I just have been swamped.

About 6 months ago, I came here and vented. Thanks for you guys, I felt a billion better afterward.

Here I am, in the same bind. :(

I had my interview this last friday... and I just feel like the interviewee didn't believe us. She had a strong accent and my english isn't good enough to decipher words right away.

She said she will mail her decision through the mail.

I am just devastated. I love my hubby, I just want to be with him. USCIS could come and visit us tomorrow and even 10 years from now, and would see we love each other madly.

The fact that someone might not believe that we love each other, breaks my heart. :( I dunno if she did but it wasn't one of those "you are approved, pending review". We dated for two years before getting married. I visited him back and forth in NV till he moved here a year into our relationship.

Our wedding wasn't a whim, nor a rushed decision.

We had a small wedding, a courthouse one. Friends and family were there and it was perfect.

We do not have this fantasy of a big wedding (no offense to anyone!) and we have debts to pay off. There was no way we wanted to start our matrimonial union by adding more debts to the pile. The lady interviewing us asked "are you planning on having a bigger wedding ceremony?". We said "no, but we definetely would love to do a renewal ceremony in a couple years on a cruise ship".

Can someone tell me what is wrong with a small, intimate wedding ceremony?

Another question asked was "do you plan on having kids?". Does having kids make your relationship more sincere? (I didn't say that, just in case someone wonders)

I saw many couples in the waiting room either pregnant or newborns.

So let me get this straight USCIS... To be considered a truthful couple, you need a bigger wedding ceremony and kids?

Ask me why I fell in love with my hubby, how did I know he was "the one", how long were our phone conversations during our courtship (thought I gave you highlighted copies of all phones calls!), about how he is a big softie, what was the last cute thing he did...I dunno, I just feel because I am out of the norm I am not considered a bona fide relationship.

I can't wait for this nightmare to be over.

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

I know I haven't been hanging out around here in a while. I just have been swamped.

About 6 months ago, I came here and vented. Thanks for you guys, I felt a billion better afterward.

I had my interview this last friday... and I just feel like the interviewee didn't believe us. She had a strong accent and my english isn't good enough to decipher words right away.

I am just devastated. I love my hubby, I just want to be with him. USCIS could come and visit us tomorrow and even 10 years from now, and would see we love each other madly.

The fact that someone might not believe that we love each other, breaks my heart. :( I dunno if she did but it wasn't one of those "you are approved, pending review". We dated for two years before getting married. I visited him back and forth in NV till he moved here a year into our relationship.

We had a small wedding, a courthouse one. Friends and family were there and it was perfect.

We do not have this fantasy of a big wedding (no offense to anyone!) and we have debts to pay off. There was no way we wanted to start our matrimonial union by adding more debts to the pile. The lady interviewing us asked "are you planning on having a bigger wedding ceremony?". We said "no, but we definetely would love to do a renewal ceremony in a couple years on a cruise ship".

Another question asked was "do you plan on having kids?". Does having kids make your relationship more sincere? (I didn't say that, just in case someone wonders)

So let me get this straight USCIS... To be considered a truthful couple, you need a bigger wedding ceremony and kids?

Ask me why I fell in love with my hubby, how did I know he was "the one", how long were our phone conversations during our courtship (thought I gave you highlighted copies of all phones calls!), about how he is a big softie, what was the last cute thing he did...I dunno, I just feel because I am out of the norm I am not considered a bona fide relationship.

Awwww Lili, I'm so sorry the interview was rough. Your posting was so touching. I agree wholeheartedly with you about how can't define a loving relationship by the size of the wedding, and children. Perhaps the lady interviewing you was very detached emotionally, and it was hard to "read" her. I hope you hear something very soon, and that it's positive.

carlahmsb4.gif

Sorry to hear you had a hard time at the interview, Lili. I sure hope things turn out for the better and that you're approved. The size of a wedding and whether you want to have children or not has nothing to do with how much you love your spouse.

It bothers me when others use their narrow and personal set of criteria to judge another rather than looking at the bigger picture. Having said that, however, you cannot know the training this person has had, nor what they are thinking during the process. As well, she may have received some bad news or be going through some personal bad times and was just trying to get through her day. Let it go, Lili, and trust that all is being done for a successful outcome. Fretting and worrying about something which will probably never come to pass prevents you from enjoying what you have today. Peace and best wishes, Lili. I hope you hear soon. (F)

iagree.gif

It bothers me when others use their narrow and personal set of criteria to judge another rather than looking at the bigger picture. Having said that, however, you cannot know the training this person has had, nor what they are thinking during the process. As well, she may have received some bad news or be going through some personal bad times and was just trying to get through her day. Let it go, Lili, and trust that all is being done for a successful outcome. Fretting and worrying about something which will probably never come to pass prevents you from enjoying what you have today. Peace and best wishes, Lili. I hope you hear soon. (F)

Very eloquently put Krikit. You rock!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I second you, Krikit. Lili, best of luck to you. Often times it may seem like the interviewer either does not care about your situation or is giving you a hard time. This could be, like Carla said, because they are emotionally detached and trained to do that. It could also be because something is going on with them and they don't want to be at work today. We all have those days. I wouldn't worry about it too much. You just never know what is going to happen so don't start worrying until you know for sure.

My Vent for the day? I keep on getting allergies! I had them bad for 3 weeks then they went away..now they are back again. I'm more than certain it is because I'm living in a basement right now. I have a headache and am extremely stuffed up.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

I second you, Krikit. Lili, best of luck to you. Often times it may seem like the interviewer either does not care about your situation or is giving you a hard time. This could be, like Carla said, because they are emotionally detached and trained to do that. It could also be because something is going on with them and they don't want to be at work today. We all have those days. I wouldn't worry about it too much. You just never know what is going to happen so don't start worrying until you know for sure.

My Vent for the day? I keep on getting allergies! I had them bad for 3 weeks then they went away..now they are back again. I'm more than certain it is because I'm living in a basement right now. I have a headache and am extremely stuffed up.

My poor husband has been plagued with allergies for 20 years. He went through a bout of allergies shots about 15 years ago that just started wearing off about 3 years ago. He's back to it again...even with OTC medication they were unbearable. He says it's the US, specifically St. Louis, which he says is the allergy capital of the US!

Anytime he came to Canada, that was the only time he took no medication, had the windows open, and felt like a human being he said. His Dr. asked him when was the only time he felt like they weren't bothering him. Gene said when he was in Canada. Dr. said...pack your bags! Cleaner air I think. ;)

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Carla- I never had allergies in my LIFE until I moved here to New Jersey. I moved here in January of 2007 and by February I was taking antibiotics for sinusitis. I have hit every allergy season since then. It is hell. I had headaches for so long and I finally realized it is due to allergies and not necessarily migraines. The headaches are so bad though.

So I feel your husband's pain.

My eyes filled with grit

Ditto for me, as well. I now must take OTC allergy meds daily..... something I never had to do in Canada. My body didn't grow up on their germs/pollen/molds, so it reacts as if it's being invaded. I've heard where you should eat local honey for immunity. I haven't tried it, though.

iagree.gif

Timeline
Ditto for me, as well. I now must take OTC allergy meds daily..... something I never had to do in Canada. My body didn't grow up on their germs/pollen/molds, so it reacts as if it's being invaded. I've heard where you should eat local honey for immunity. I haven't tried it, though.

I heard that actually as well. I might start trying that. I'm always on OTC allergy meds and I didn't even know what allergy medications were or did until I got here. I find that the drowsy ones work better but I can't take those during the day so...

I also forgot to tell you that the doctor prescribed me this medicaiton for migraines as a trial and I took one at work a few weeks ago because I had such a bad headache. The medication made me high as a kite and I could hardly stand. :lol: It made my headache worse than it was to start with. My husband came and picked me up in the middle of the day because I couldn't drive and I fell asleep for like 5 hours. :lol:

My eyes filled with grit

Carla- I never had allergies in my LIFE until I moved here to New Jersey. I moved here in January of 2007 and by February I was taking antibiotics for sinusitis. I have hit every allergy season since then. It is hell. I had headaches for so long and I finally realized it is due to allergies and not necessarily migraines. The headaches are so bad though.

So I feel your husband's pain.

Maybe there's mold in that basement where you live or it's just the higher level of humidity. I've been living at my dad's since June while waiting to move and I'm in the basement. Haven't been hit with allergies but I do blow my nose more often. In my case, I know it's the humidity that's causing it. Weird, but that's the way my nose reacts.

I saw you made an offer to buy some property. Your allergies will probably disappear when you move. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)

Timeline
Ugh. I used to get migraines and the meds didn't help. I finally went to a hypnotist and haven't had one since. :dance:

Really????? See I'm one of those people who thinks they could not be hypnotized. I'd like to try it though. In university we used to have this sex hypnotist come out to one of our drinking nights on campus. :lol: It was pretty raunchy and funny.

Pandora- the humidity is definitely a factor. We have a dehumidifier down there but always forget to run it. I'm always congested when I wake up in the morning. It also could be mold. It's an old house and we often get leaks in the basement (where it is not finished) when it rains.

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh the OTC story reminds me of the time I was at work and for some unknown reason I had a couple of pills my Husband took for back pain, I popped a couple and within 10 mins I was totally high - slurred speech, it wasn't really cool :lol: It wore off after 10 mins or so.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.