bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little vent....

The RCMP just informed my that my electronic fingerprints were rejected. I wish they hadn't waited more than two weeks to tell me. They are suppsed to process them in 3 days. I had gotten my hopes up.

I really wanted to be married this year and be able to get AP for Dad's wedding next year. It's really important for me to be there and show him that I support his decision to remarry. A lot of people have given him a hard time for getting engaged only a year after Mom passed away.

An extra five months has thrown a real kink in our plans. Stupid fingertips...

~ Catherine

Awww Catherine. I'm so sorry for this glitch! One thing I do remember from last year, and I think another VJ'er from earlier this year, is that they were also told 5 months to get their fingerprinting report back, however it took more like 2, 2.5 months. Hope this is true in your case! Best of luck and let us know. (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Some have included a "heartwarming" note when they have had to send in the finger prints!! Maybe that helped speed it up!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline
Some have included a "heartwarming" note when they have had to send in the finger prints!! Maybe that helped speed it up!!

I did send them an email explaining that I tried the electronic route but that it didn't work. I also let them know that the date I get the police report will be the deciding factor for whether I can attend Dad's wedding and why being there is so significant. I basically begged they to expedite it if there was any way they could.

I suspect that they'll say no but I figure that it never hurts to ask politely.

~ Catherine

I STILL haven't gotten my SSN!!! :crying:

It's been 9 weeks.

Nick called (because I can't get through to talk to an actual human being unless I have a SSN...DUH! :angry: ) and the man told him that they don't have access to that information and we'd have to actually go to the SSN office....sigh.

He also said it could take up to 3 months...when they letter they gave me said 2.

Whatever.

We'll go sometime this week I guess.

Just getting so tired of all of this.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Laura,

Mine took 13 weeks. I'm sure I did mention that NJ is probably one of the most backlogged states because of the sheer number of immigrants. Most other states its like 2 weeks. Sorry it is taking so long but you are going to have to get used to a lot of shitty things in this state that involve waiting. Like the DMV...it took me 2 hours of waiting there just to be able to write my test. After all was said and done, I had been there for almost 4 hours.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Laura,

Mine took 13 weeks. I'm sure I did mention that NJ is probably one of the most backlogged states because of the sheer number of immigrants. Most other states its like 2 weeks. Sorry it is taking so long but you are going to have to get used to a lot of shitty things in this state that involve waiting. Like the DMV...it took me 2 hours of waiting there just to be able to write my test. After all was said and done, I had been there for almost 4 hours.

I know...I just think it's so ridiculous.

On a good note, I got my biometrics appointment today for Halloween.

Also, our fixed marriage certificate came in under 5 days after sending it to be fixed...so that's a plus.

:)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm so sick of waiting for our NOA2. So many late June filers have gotten theirs... not fair!

I'm in no rush to move... but I was hoping to move in April... I'm getting nervous that we might not even make that as our move deadline!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's been 9 weeks.

Nick called (because I can't get through to talk to an actual human being unless I have a SSN...DUH! :angry: ) and the man told him that they don't have access to that information and we'd have to actually go to the SSN office....sigh.

He also said it could take up to 3 months...when they letter they gave me said 2.

Whatever.

I'm having the same problem with my SSN. When I first went, the guy basically told me that I was crazy to be applying for a SSN and just because I was about to marry a U.S. citizen, doesn't qualify me for a SSN or any rights that a U.S. citizen has. I was sooo frusterated, trying to explain to him the whole situation and everything. I told him that I would print off a paper that states that I am entitled to it. So, I went back the next day and after he read it, his attitude quickly changed and he pretened like he never refused me the day before. Anyways, I filled out the information and he said that I should get it in the mail withing 6 weeks. 3 weeks went by and he called me saying that I was approved for a SSN but had to come back in to sign something. So, I went in the next day and had to fill out the application .. again.. and he said that it would be mailed to me in 2 weeks. That was almost a month ago!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! I'm gonna go in there tomorrow.. hopefully they have some answers for me!

Waiting.. waiting.. waiting.. will it ever end?? lol

It's been 9 weeks.

Whatever.

I'm having the same problem with my SSN. When I first went, the guy basically told me that I was crazy to be applying for a SSN and just because I was about to marry a U.S. citizen, doesn't qualify me for a SSN or any rights that a U.S. citizen has. I was sooo frusterated, trying to explain to him the whole situation and everything. I told him that I would print off a paper that states that I am entitled to it. So, I went back the next day and after he read it, his attitude quickly changed and he pretened like he never refused me the day before. Anyways, I filled out the information and he said that I should get it in the mail withing 6 weeks. 3 weeks went by and he called me saying that I was approved for a SSN but had to come back in to sign something. So, I went in the next day and had to fill out the application .. again.. and he said that it would be mailed to me in 2 weeks. That was almost a month ago!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! I'm gonna go in there tomorrow.. hopefully they have some answers for me!

Waiting.. waiting.. waiting.. will it ever end?? lol

Wow....I must have been at the office on the right day. I applied for my SSN on July 21 and received it just after we got married. I hope you both get yours soon. (F)

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

I hope you both, Laura and Southern_Canadian, get your SSN soon.

Southern_Canadian: What's the page you printed? I will be moving soon and will ask for an SSN after two weeks have passed. I'd rather be prepared and have that page already with me instead of having to drive all the way back there.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Southern_Canadian: What's the page you printed? I will be moving soon and will ask for an SSN after two weeks have passed. I'd rather be prepared and have that page already with me instead of having to drive all the way back there.

Laura was the one who told me which pages to print off and highlight... I can't remember though. I'm sure someone will be able to tell you.. :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Laura was the one who told me which pages to print off and highlight... I can't remember though. I'm sure someone will be able to tell you.. :D

http://www.ssa.gov/online/ss-5.html

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.