bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Vent: Some people are just good at regurgitating brainless bull$hit, and they are even more good at posting them everywhere, saturating any subject and making the main subjects drown under comments with no sense, and then even reply to themselves...

I am fading away from VJ...

And I don't even want to post anymore, because then if those people would come and add stuff among the other cool people, it would feel like letting people I don't want in my house. Ya know, intruders.

Even putting them in a ignore list isn't ignoring them completely, you still see the 15 "ignored" posts in a 30 posts thread.

gah...

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vent: Some people are just good at regurgitating brainless bull$hit, and they are even more good at posting them everywhere, saturating any subject and making the main subjects drown under comments with no sense, and then even reply to themselves...I am fading away from VJ...

And I don't even want to post anymore, because then if those people would come and add stuff among the other cool people, it would feel like letting people I don't want in my house. Ya know, intruders.

Even putting them in a ignore list isn't ignoring them completely, you still see the 15 "ignored" posts in a 30 posts thread.

gah...

Links please. :) It's a phase...happens to me about every 2 months. I just about slipped into it recently...I'm one post under the line right now... :lol:

Don't fade away! :(

carlahmsb4.gif

Dear Mephys, there are so many "undesirables" in so many threads.

Welcome to this planet.

Hahaha.

Why are you leaving the safe haven of the Canadian forum??

We all go through that, as Carla said.

This forum is so tame compared to a sailing one that is the only other one I have been involved with for about 4 years.

When I first came on board here, I was so thick-skinned and ready for flaming and cynicism and sarcasm, that I cried with each sweet, loving response!

They (the other forum) are truly sharks...mean and ready to eat you.

Scary stuff.

Not for the feint of heart at all.

After discovering people can be good on-line, I almost fell off the radar on that other one.

I am slightly in and mostly out of that place since VJ.

I (L) VJ!

And an aside rant from me (yes I have said it before):

What does godd have to do with getting a green card????

Arrrrrrrr!

Don't people get we are all goddd?

We all have great manifesting powers when we tune in.

Ahem.

Back to your regular scheduled programming.

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Okay.. so here's my vent for today.. Hubby calls 1-800 flowers and says.. hey i'd like to order 12 gerbera daisies for my wife's birthday - can you get them to her? And they say SURE!! (famous last words).. so this small (3 daisies) arrangement arrives on Friday afternoon (beautiful but i didn't know what they were supposed to be).. and they are FULLLLL of golden rod... I'm stunned.. i've never seen a florist put golden rod in an arrangement, so I pull it out.. obviously.. and then about 1 hr later the daisies start to wilt.. so now I have 2 almost dead daisies (of the 3).. hubby comes to my office and looks at the flowers and says "that's not what I ordered at all!!".. so i'm thinking.. you'd better call them..

So 1-800 flowers says "well if you are not happy we'll have to have the florist come and pick them up and see if they really are sub standard".. whatever.. I wait all day and no one comes.. so then I call this afternoon and say " no one came today".. so the lady on the phone reads her notes and says the florist said "it's not my fault she's allergic".. WHAT THE?

The lady from 1-800 flowers says.. um... golden rod is not even IN the arrangement it's just a dozen gerberas and italian Rucus.. and if he was substituting ANYTHING the florist was supposed to call my hubby.. Anyway.. she calls them and orders a full refund.. but honestly.. 2 strikes your out!! How do you go from 12 gerberas to 3? And then they wilt as soon as they get here, and THEN you put in golden rod as a "filler"?? gAH!!!

Anyway.. i guess i'll just enjoy the one loan daisy.. bah !

Unbelievable!

A digital photo and an email to them with it might have kicked their butts into gear.

How incompetent can a company be??

Sorry to hear about that E.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Vent: Some people are just good at regurgitating brainless bull$hit, and they are even more good at posting them everywhere, saturating any subject and making the main subjects drown under comments with no sense, and then even reply to themselves...

I am fading away from VJ...

gah...

Mephys,

I was going to write something here so I could see if you would respond....to ensure i'm not on your ignore list :hehe:

I hear you, it's that darn off topic forum - I think it is interesting how people can set a tone in a forum - if some of the people that post in OT came in here and posted the same they would be sent packing - and the same is true in reverse (ie: go in there an post something that is not offensive and someone will flame you for it). (Also true in some regional forums)

When I made that comment about OT the other day I kind of down played it a bit - it's not that some of the people in OT are just weird...they are really WEIRD - these are people, if you met them at a party would have you running out the door - so I understand your wanting to drop out.

That said, as Carla mentioned, I hope you don't leave, stay here in the Canada forum and talk to us :)

And Emancipation - how completely annoying, instead of getting a beautiful bouquet you ended up trying to get some customer service...blah!

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hubby made it all better... he bought me another bouquet yesterday on the way home to replace the bad one :luv: He's a keeper!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

No I am not gonna link, because I wouldn't even know which one to link anyways <_< But this is agaisnt TOS and would be obivously obvious that I am dragging attention on someone.

No it's not you Carla, or Trailmix, or Spirit or E, you are among the people I come here to read. Same for Laura, Kri, Sprailenes, Cat, Marilyn, BH45. I am probably forgetting someone, but you gals are my bunch, the people I know the best on VJ and the people I am looking forward to talk to.

The posts I am venting about are unfortunately not in OT. They are in the Canada forum, and are breaking that spirit we have in here. I must admit I do lurk in OT once in a while, and while it bothers me sometimes, it's not nearly as bad as how this is irritating me....

Anyways. nuff said. -_-

Hubby made it all better... he bought me another bouquet yesterday on the way home to replace the bad one :luv: He's a keeper!!

Awww, E I am sad the company screwed up your hubby's surprise, but glad he is a keeper :star:

Hubby had flowers sent to me a few times (like huge bouquet that was almost as tall as me, with Roses bigger than my hands) and now that we are with the kids, the 5 yo always ask him if they can by me flowers when they go shopping of Fridays :luv: So I regularly come home with a nice bouquet :) He's teaching his kids the right way :yes:

The cats love the flowers too...a little too much unfortunately.... :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
No I am not gonna link, because I wouldn't even know which one to link anyways <_< But this is agaisnt TOS and would be obivously obvious that I am dragging attention on someone.

No it's not you Carla, or Trailmix, or Spirit or E, you are among the people I come here to read. Same for Laura, Kri, Sprailenes, Cat, Marilyn, BH45. I am probably forgetting someone, but you gals are my bunch, the people I know the best on VJ and the people I am looking forward to talk to.

The posts I am venting about are unfortunately not in OT. They are in the Canada forum, and are breaking that spirit we have in here. I must admit I do lurk in OT once in a while, and while it bothers me sometimes, it's not nearly as bad as how this is irritating me....

Anyways. nuff said. -_-

Hugs to you gal... I will miss you if you go.. :crying: 'nuff said :)

Awww, E I am sad the company screwed up your hubby's surprise, but glad he is a keeper :star:

Hubby had flowers sent to me a few times (like huge bouquet that was almost as tall as me, with Roses bigger than my hands) and now that we are with the kids, the 5 yo always ask him if they can by me flowers when they go shopping of Fridays :luv: So I regularly come home with a nice bouquet :) He's teaching his kids the right way :yes:

The cats love the flowers too...a little too much unfortunately.... :lol:

Your hubby clearly has a clue on these things too..

Hubby also got me Chaplin - Robert Downey Jr. - He knows I love the little messed up actor so much, it's actually a great flick (what I saw of it last night :))

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

I must be not reading all the posts on the canada section, or its me,lol i soo do not want to be studying Psych stuff!! maybe its time for a starbucks break!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I guess I am not gonna totally go, just been here less and less in the past week....

If the Irritation I have comes around, I will jump somewhere else I guess.. :unsure:

I must be not reading all the posts on the canada section, or its me,lol i soo do not want to be studying Psych stuff!! maybe its time for a starbucks break!!

No you are reading enough, because you nailed it a few times.... Just you are a guy and guys don't get bothered as much usually :lol: Good for you :thumbs:

I know I shoudnt let stuff get to me, but it happens, so....whatcha gonna do.

Edited by Mephys

Timeline
I guess I am not gonna totally go, just been here less and less in the past week....

If the Irritation I have comes around, I will jump somewhere else I guess.. :unsure:

No you are reading enough, because you nailed it a few times.... Just you are a guy and guys don't get bothered as much usually :lol: Good for you :thumbs:

I know I shoudnt let stuff get to me, but it happens, so....whatcha gonna do.

I know what you mean and I have been finding it irritating too :lol:

How can you not let it bother you, unless you are feeling-less - but like you say - oh well, what can you do.

Filed: Timeline

Anyways. nuff said. -_-

:blink: #######!!! What about me?????????????????? :cry:

:blink: #######!!! What about me?????????????????? :cry:

I love you granny :star:

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.