bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Flames you are hilarious!

:lol:

Poor Japanese girl...Anne of Green Gables legacy got another one.

I'm so lost. :unsure: Who is the Japanese girl?

Kathryn, those ants must have grossed you out, no? You're a better woman for taking care of it yourself and not taking it to the hands of an exterminator. You probably saved yourself a few hundred dollars -- at least.

Our teeny timeline:

Jan 23 '08 ~ met online

Mar '08 ~ 1st visit to Vancouver

May '08 ~ 2nd visit to Vancouver

Jun 08 ~ plans to move to the west coast!

Aug 8 08 ~ he moves to Bellingham

current ~ many trips back and forth across the border...

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Flames, you're hilarious!

Real quick brown_eyes, Emancipation has a Japanese friend who met a (hillbilly) guy from PEI that came to pick her up at the airport for their first meeting in filthy sweatpants and lives at his parents's house.

Long story short, she wants to marry him and stay in Canada even though she doesn't like the guy or something like that.....*sigh

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

even hillbilly's don't live with their parents!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

WOW!!! Another lucky contestant!! You have won a trip (which u have to pay for) to PEI, get picked up at the airport by no one other than PEI own Loverboy!! He may be a bit late to the airport, as he has to borrow his moms 1986 Dodge Horizon hatchback car, and he has to stop at the seamstress to get a patch put on his sweat pants!! Accommodations are at his parents place AND he will devote all his attention to you, as he does not have a job!! Thanks to VJ members, we do have $$$$ in the budget for aerosol body spray. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay! I am so excited that I won the grand prize!!! I am a bit upset though that he doesn't have enough class to pick me up in a Gremlin or perhaps a Yugo :)

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline
WOW!!! Another lucky contestant!! You have won a trip (which u have to pay for) to PEI, get picked up at the airport by no one other than PEI own Loverboy!! He may be a bit late to the airport, as he has to borrow his moms 1986 Dodge Horizon hatchback car, and he has to stop at the seamstress to get a patch put on his sweat pants!! Accommodations are at his parents place AND he will devote all his attention to you, as he does not have a job!! Thanks to VJ members, we do have $$$$ in the budget for aerosol body spray. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl: :rofl:

Timeline

Real quick brown_eyes, Emancipation has a Japanese friend who met a (hillbilly) guy from PEI that came to pick her up at the airport for their first meeting in filthy sweatpants and lives at his parents's house.

Long story short, she wants to marry him and stay in Canada even though she doesn't like the guy or something like that.....*sigh

Wow very nice synopsis Mephys!! :thumbs:

This is my first time posting on "The Vent." Since moving to the US (I am living within 30 minutes of Canada and still work there), I have been subject to constant badgering by family, friends, acquaintances, colleagues, and people I don't even know that well, to: 1) let them use my US mailing address to avoid paying Canadian duty on goods and 2) bring items such as duty-free liquor across to Canada with me. It is getting out of hand and driving me crazy because our house feels like a UPS depot and I have to be really careful at the border so that I don't lose my Nexus pass. One particular "friend" never phones or emails me unless she has wants one of these 2 things. Or, one time she said, "I need to buy some stuff for my wedding, can I stay at your place for 48 hours so that I will get the larger customs deduction?" No, I don't feel at all used... People just don't get it that I have to be so careful at the border! Then, I feel like a jerk when I have to say "no, I am not comfortable with that." This is driving me crazy!

Timeline

Whew - E&L

You need to clean house! I'd let their ####### get taken by border service - they'll never ask for help again. Better yet, keep it and say it was taken. Sell it back on ebay to recoup some costs and a little extra for your annoyance. Holy hannah I'd be pissed. And I'd tell your friend to p off.

:devil:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
This is my first time posting on "The Vent." Since moving to the US (I am living within 30 minutes of Canada and still work there), I have been subject to constant badgering by family, friends, acquaintances, colleagues, and people I don't even know that well, to: 1) let them use my US mailing address to avoid paying Canadian duty on goods and 2) bring items such as duty-free liquor across to Canada with me. It is getting out of hand and driving me crazy because our house feels like a UPS depot and I have to be really careful at the border so that I don't lose my Nexus pass. One particular "friend" never phones or emails me unless she has wants one of these 2 things. Or, one time she said, "I need to buy some stuff for my wedding, can I stay at your place for 48 hours so that I will get the larger customs deduction?" No, I don't feel at all used... People just don't get it that I have to be so careful at the border! Then, I feel like a jerk when I have to say "no, I am not comfortable with that." This is driving me crazy!

:whistle: Some friends you got there!! HOLY ..... That's crazy!!!! And very not cool.... UGH..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Tee hee... That is a great synopsis.. but she does love him I think.. but i'm not sure she's ready to marry him.. although she has a wedding date set (it's been changed now about 5-6 times she STILL is humming and hawing about it)... Anyway.. the drama continues.. She told me yesterday she still isn't "Sure' this is what she wants.. GAHH!!!! how can you flipping set a wedding date and still have doubts :wacko:

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Tee hee... That is a great synopsis.. but she does love him I think.. but i'm not sure she's ready to marry him.. although she has a wedding date set (it's been changed now about 5-6 times she STILL is humming and hawing about it)... Anyway.. the drama continues.. She told me yesterday she still isn't "Sure' this is what she wants.. GAHH!!!! how can you flipping set a wedding date and still have doubts :wacko:

Well if she loves him it's probably just a little teenager infatuation, because she has doubts yet....Never had a doubt with mine ! :no:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Timeline

Well if she loves him it's probably just a little teenager infatuation, because she has doubts yet....Never had a doubt with mine ! :no:

Yes.. i don't doubt that... love is relative.. she's young in emotional years... this is her first "romance" to be sure.. gah... that's exactly what I told her.. if you have ANY doubt.. ANY doubt at all.. don't risk it... 1/2 of all marriages end in divorce and I've been there divorce SUCKS hard... what is 1 more year of being single.. or just dating the guy? GEESH

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
even hillbilly's don't live with their parents!!

Oh but they do once they meet their wives (at family reunions), marry their cousins and mooch at the parents' basements :jest:

TSK..TSK...I thought we agreed not to discuss our family affairs in public. :crying::lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.