bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
brown_eyes, not to be a total freak, but every time I see your profile pic, I wanna ran my fingers through you hair and snuggle.

Ok I just read that and it is real Creepy McCreeperson. :blush:

I hope you know what I mean. :unsure:

:lol: I know what you mean cause I wanna do the same thing! :lol;

iagree.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa folks, sorry for taking so long to respond. Thanks everyone for your advice and warm wishes. Our situation really gets me down sometimes so it was wonderful to have the support of everyone here. Hubby has applied for other jobs too not just carpentry jobs (good suggestion Mephys). He went for an interview at Lowe's a couple weeks ago, heard nothing, called back and the woman who interviewed him told him that they had anticipated several college students leaving, however none of them decided to leave, hence no job openings. This is so frustrating because hubby had a great job in BC and there was no scarcity of work. Here, unemployment runs rampant. If we lived closer to a city, I don't think it would be so bad. Oh well. Here's hoping he gets a job soon.

Mephys - I am so glad that kitty is on the mend. Broke my heart to read what you wrote.

Trailmix - What a wingnut that landlord is. Good decision to pass on the house.

Necrotica, Spirit and lovely Miss Stacey - I hope you all are able to resolve any relationship problems you are having very soon.

Emancipation - Your friend sounds like she is the kind of person who needs to learn on her own, she won't listen to any advice from anyone else. I'm sorry it is so frustrating .... hugs to ya!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Two different things. Employers first have to show that they can't find a US citizen or PR to do the work before they're allowed to sponsor someone. Imagine if fiancés/fiancées had to do that? Plus, those are non-immigrant visas. Meaning the employees cannot adjust status and remain in the US or apply for citizenship. Seriously, WaitForever. You need to find something to do to expel all that frustration.

No duh. This is the vent forum after all. I'm just saying that Canadians get special treatment on employment visas but not on other kinds. Why not?

2008-01-30 - I-129F Sent

2008-02-05 - I-129F NOA1

2008-06-06 - I-129F NOA2

2008-06-10 - NVC Recd

2008-07-02 - Packet 3 Recd

2008-07-23 - Packet 3 Sent

2008-08-11 - Medical

2008-09-18 - Packet 4 Recd

2008-10-14 - Interview - APPROVED!

2008-11-05 - US Entry - I fly to Toronto 11/5, we drive back to California and get here 11/9

2008-11-18 - Civil Ceremony San Francisco MARRIAGE CERT and CEREMONY BOOKED

Two different things. Employers first have to show that they can't find a US citizen or PR to do the work before they're allowed to sponsor someone. Imagine if fiancés/fiancées had to do that? Plus, those are non-immigrant visas. Meaning the employees cannot adjust status and remain in the US or apply for citizenship. Seriously, WaitForever. You need to find something to do to expel all that frustration.

No duh. This is the vent forum after all. I'm just saying that Canadians get special treatment on employment visas but not on other kinds. Why not?

Did you not read the comments following mine regarding the difficulty in obtaining a TN visa? Where do Canadians get special treatment, and why should they?

iagree.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
brown_eyes, not to be a total freak, but every time I see your profile pic, I wanna ran my fingers through you hair and snuggle.

Ok I just read that and it is real Creepy McCreeperson. :blush:

I hope you know what I mean. :unsure:

Aww... cats and bears can cuddle can't they? :luv:

Our teeny timeline:

Jan 23 '08 ~ met online

Mar '08 ~ 1st visit to Vancouver

May '08 ~ 2nd visit to Vancouver

Jun 08 ~ plans to move to the west coast!

Aug 8 08 ~ he moves to Bellingham

current ~ many trips back and forth across the border...

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
:lol: I know what you mean cause I wanna do the same thing! :lol:

Hey, there is lots of this bear to go around! :D

My sweetie actually found that pic of the bear cub... don't you just love this little guy?

sleepybear.jpg

Our teeny timeline:

Jan 23 '08 ~ met online

Mar '08 ~ 1st visit to Vancouver

May '08 ~ 2nd visit to Vancouver

Jun 08 ~ plans to move to the west coast!

Aug 8 08 ~ he moves to Bellingham

current ~ many trips back and forth across the border...

Mr. Cuddles!!!!

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
:lol: I know what you mean cause I wanna do the same thing! :lol:

Hey, there is lots of this bear to go around! :D

My sweetie actually found that pic of the bear cub... don't you just love this little guy?

sleepybear.jpg

He kinda looks like my husband when he sleeps up close - no drool though.

He is Mr. Cuddles!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I feel bad that my vent is going to follow all those cute pictures. At least they made me feel better.

I'm venting about our stupid mortgage company. They keep jerking us around. It's making me crazy. We're buying a house and our deal is that I can provide some equity because I sold my place and my hubby can get the loan part (because he can). First they told us that we have to have significantly more cash on hand than the cash needed for the house purchase. And they want proof of it and the proof we provide isn't good enough. Now they have required that I have to "gift" my money to him in order for them to give him the mortgage. Doesn't being married count for anything? (Yes, I need to update my timeline) I don't mind the money being "our" money, but it bugs me that it has to be his and not mine.

And this is supposed to settle/close tomorrow. Shouldn't they have thought of these things earlier? I'm waaaaaaay too stressed about it.

What's really bugging me is that gut-wrenching feeling of being in great shape financially in Canada, but then being no one here. Wah.

N-400

02/08/12 - Mailed N-400

02/14/12 - NOA

03/02/12 - Biometrics Letter

03/22/12 - Biometrics

04/09/12 - Interview Notice

05/16/12 - Interview and Oath - USC

ROC

11/16/10 - Mailed ROC

11/18/10 - Delivered to VSC

11/19/10 - NOA1

11/23/10 - Cheque cashed

12/29/10 - Biometrics

05/06/11 - ROC Approved

05/16/11 - Green card received. Yay! (6 months)

There's diamonds in the sidewalk, the gutters lined in song

Dear I hear that beer flows through the faucets all night long

There's treasure for the taking, for any hard working (wo)man

Who will make his home in the American Land

I feel bad that my vent is going to follow all those cute pictures. At least they made me feel better.

I'm venting about our stupid mortgage company. They keep jerking us around. It's making me crazy. We're buying a house and our deal is that I can provide some equity because I sold my place and my hubby can get the loan part (because he can). First they told us that we have to have significantly more cash on hand than the cash needed for the house purchase. And they want proof of it and the proof we provide isn't good enough. Now they have required that I have to "gift" my money to him in order for them to give him the mortgage. Doesn't being married count for anything? (Yes, I need to update my timeline) I don't mind the money being "our" money, but it bugs me that it has to be his and not mine.

And this is supposed to settle/close tomorrow. Shouldn't they have thought of these things earlier? I'm waaaaaaay too stressed about it.

What's really bugging me is that gut-wrenching feeling of being in great shape financially in Canada, but then being no one here. Wah.

I totally hear you on this one.... on all counts. I had to "gift" the money to my husband also. Same deal.... purchasing a house. I thought my head would explode.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks Krikit. That actually makes me feel a bit better (not the head exploding part- though that's exactly how I feel) in that it's part of the process. I keep expecting Suze Orman to pop out from behind the bushes saying, "Girl, you are ruining your finances. Just stop it!"

N-400

02/08/12 - Mailed N-400

02/14/12 - NOA

03/02/12 - Biometrics Letter

03/22/12 - Biometrics

04/09/12 - Interview Notice

05/16/12 - Interview and Oath - USC

ROC

11/16/10 - Mailed ROC

11/18/10 - Delivered to VSC

11/19/10 - NOA1

11/23/10 - Cheque cashed

12/29/10 - Biometrics

05/06/11 - ROC Approved

05/16/11 - Green card received. Yay! (6 months)

There's diamonds in the sidewalk, the gutters lined in song

Dear I hear that beer flows through the faucets all night long

There's treasure for the taking, for any hard working (wo)man

Who will make his home in the American Land

Thanks Krikit. That actually makes me feel a bit better (not the head exploding part- though that's exactly how I feel) in that it's part of the process. I keep expecting Suze Orman to pop out from behind the bushes saying, "Girl, you are ruining your finances. Just stop it!"

:lol:

Yup.

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.