bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Aww so many painful souls today, I wish I could be more help...and when I read you all sometimes it makes me feel selfish for being sad about such and such silly things that has nothing to compare. I have a wonderful husband I can count on, and most of our fights are just stupid things that don't matter in the end. We both started all over, moved into an appartment together, and hopefully in a near future we will buy a house that we will make our home for the years to come, and who knows, maybe add a member in the family.

All I can say is be strong and follow your hearts Miss Stacey and Spirit (F)

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mephys, your avatar helps!

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

How 'bout this for a chuckle? :D

funny-pictures-cat-argues-about-scrabble.jpg

Our teeny timeline:

Jan 23 '08 ~ met online

Mar '08 ~ 1st visit to Vancouver

May '08 ~ 2nd visit to Vancouver

Jun 08 ~ plans to move to the west coast!

Aug 8 08 ~ he moves to Bellingham

current ~ many trips back and forth across the border...

Filed: Timeline

Twelvity-five points. :lol: And the face!

When we got bored of regular Scrabble we (meaning my friends and family in Ontario) used to play Trailer Trash Scrabble..... where you could make up words or strings of words.... as long as you used them in a sentence and it made sense. But it had to be ghetto. I scored the all-time best at 175 points for one word. Or is that one hundred and twelvity-five points? :lol:

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh dear Emancipation.

If it is the inside of your left hand, that is a good thing.

It means money is coming.

Have you heard that?

:star:

tee hee.. i Have but sadly this is right on the knuckle of my index fingers both hands :(

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Twelvity-five points. :lol: And the face!

When we got bored of regular Scrabble we (meaning my friends and family in Ontario) used to play Trailer Trash Scrabble..... where you could make up words or strings of words.... as long as you used them in a sentence and it made sense. But it had to be ghetto. I scored the all-time best at 175 points for one word. Or is that one hundred and twelvity-five points? :lol:

Brown Eyes!

I love it!

Hey, I use that word every time I see a kitteh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(We have forgotten who we are.

We are Canadian, from the Canadian VJ forum...we use exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!)

What an adorable scruff meister.

Krikit, please do tell us your winning trailer trash word.

That sounds like a fund game to play, except, how/why did YOU win?

:lol:

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Marriage is not easy. My first marriage only lasted 3 weeks- I used to be sad that I never even got to experience what real marriage was like. Now I am in a real marriage and sometimes I have feelings that I still don't know what it is supposed to be like.

I hate the feeling of not truly believing I belong here. This is Mel's home. We didn't build this home together, we didn't both work to build everything up together. This was his grandparents home- he grew up here. Things are still as his grandma left them. I have no say in what happens in this home. I feel like a guest. If we got divorced tomorrow- his life would not change one bit. Sometimes I feel so resentful because of that. Nothing would change in his life except the fact I was not in it.

I used to be able to talk to him about anything- I was always so open and honest. He always seemed to accept my point of view and see where I was coming from. When we had our first big fight- everything I had ever said came flying back at me in a negative way. Now I am at the point where I don't feel I can truly confide. I can't live the rest of my life keeping things "light and fluffy" I want a best friend. I want a true partner, I want someone who loves me and truly understands me.

Blah Blah Blah (Iggy Pop)- I'm starting to cry.

Aww MissStacey, i'm really sorry to hear this, I feel for you. When you say

"I used to be able to talk to him about anything- I was always so open and honest. He always seemed to accept my point of view and see where I was coming from. When we had our first big fight- everything I had ever said came flying back at me in a negative way. Now I am at the point where I don't feel I can truly confide."

That has got to be so hurtful to you and also not right, but you already know that. You love your Husband, you are stuck in a bad situation, I have no idea how someone turns something like this around, so I won't pretend to. I just hope you are able to see a way through or out, I wish you well.

:girlwerewolf2xn:

this health insurance ####### is driving me crazy

Aye!

I am dealing with the crapola for dental insurance at the moment.

What was the point?

Grrrr...

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I feel your pain. Depends on what your needs are but I chose the most expensive one (with better coverage)!

Have I told the story of my ER visit which cost $2500? Or a simple eye prescription costing $125?

I believe it is better to have the best coverage rather than be in a financial bind.

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

How do you pass the time. All of this waiting is driving us crazy. Try to focus on work but having trouble doing it. Thank god there is a weekend coming up. But they don't get mail up in Canada on the weekend so if its not in the mail today, its not until Tuesday. Mary suggested that she sit downstairs and wait for the mailman each day. Our lives feel like we are frozen solid, and only this letter can thaw us out. Its hard to think and plan, since we have no idea within a few possible dates, when things can move forward. Mary's son is already going to miss at least the first month of school. I feel like a cog in a machine, a pawn in some game, waiting for some God-like figure to put us into play. Until then, our lives are on hold. Out of our control.

2008-01-30 - I-129F Sent

2008-02-05 - I-129F NOA1

2008-06-06 - I-129F NOA2

2008-06-10 - NVC Recd

2008-07-02 - Packet 3 Recd

2008-07-23 - Packet 3 Sent

2008-08-11 - Medical

2008-09-18 - Packet 4 Recd

2008-10-14 - Interview - APPROVED!

2008-11-05 - US Entry - I fly to Toronto 11/5, we drive back to California and get here 11/9

2008-11-18 - Civil Ceremony San Francisco MARRIAGE CERT and CEREMONY BOOKED

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I feel your pain. Depends on what your needs are but I chose the most expensive one (with better coverage)!

Have I told the story of my ER visit which cost $2500? Or a simple eye prescription costing $125?

I believe it is better to have the best coverage rather than be in a financial bind.

we didn't have much to choose from either HMO which was going to be between 200 to 300 bucks a month and when you are only making between $1500 to $2000 a month that is a lot or are other choice was HSA... we went with HSA, we will see how it goes :unsure:

yeah I know all about medical bills.. the insurance with his last job payed up to 90 percent of the total charge so we had to pay the co/pays and the 10% ..that still adds up... I racked up a lot of bills last December I was in and out of the hospital a lot... :wacko:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I can relate to the marriage issues...

I've been having troubling emotions (and lack of) regarding this for a long while now. I thought it would go away once my husband and I were together again, but it hasn't. I tried going to counseling for it, but talking to my counselor was like talking to a brick wall.

Everything is so passionless. I'm definitely not considering divorce or anything like that because I do love him dearly, but it feels like I'm living with a roommate rather than a love.

I don't know how to fix this...

08/25/06 - 08/08/07 - K1 timeframe from mailing the petition to the NSC to K1 approval at the Montréal Consulate

08/31/07 - Réjean makes the big move to the USA

09/22/07 - MARRIED!

10/09/07 - Réjean gets his SSN

Adjustment of status:

10/26/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/07 - Biometrics appointment

12/14/07 - I-485 transferred to the California Service Center

12/28/07 - EAD approved!

01/07/08 - EAD received

02/08/08 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!!!!

02/16/08 - Green card received!

*headdesk*:

01/02/09 - Réjean loses his wallet containing his drivers license, Social Security card, and green card

02/04/09 - Our best friends bail us out by giving us the money to file for the replacement green card!

02/12/09 - E-filed I-90 for the replacement green card along with the $370 filing fee (including biometrics)

02/19/09 - NOA1

02/25/09 - Biometrics appointment

05/01/09 - Replacement green card received

Removal of conditions:

01/07/10: Mailed I-751 packet by overnight mail to the CSC

01/11/10: I-751 packet delivered and signed for

01/19/10: Received NOA1

01/28/10: Biometrics (did walk-in due to Réjean being out on the road on original date of 02/10/10)

02/03/10: APPROVED!!!

02/05/10: Received e-mail from USCIS saying the card production has been ordered

02/06/10: Received letter typed on plain paper from USCIS congratulating Réjean on his removal of conditions approval

02/11/10: Green card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

With regards to a counselor,one has to find one that they feel comfortable working with.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.