bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

I can't bring myself to watch the Olympics.. :crying:

I love watching the Olympics.. but Canada's seems to never so well at the Summer ones, and I will miss the Canadian coverage etc.

I'm such a yanger. :wacko:

Oh girl, you should have come to visit us in northern NH ... we get CBC on our cable system. Hubby was so excited he could watch the Olympics on Canadian television :)

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I love watching the Olympics.. but Canada's seems to never so well at the Summer ones, and I will miss the Canadian coverage etc.

Oh girl, you should have come to visit us in northern NH ... we get CBC on our cable system. Hubby was so excited he could watch the Olympics on Canadian television :)

Really ?? Perhaps we should move then... I could watch Corrie, HNIC AND the Olympics.. :) PLUS be right in the middle of great hiking.. man why did we settle in CT again? :star:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Really ?? Perhaps we should move then... I could watch Corrie, HNIC AND the Olympics.. :) PLUS be right in the middle of great hiking.. man why did we settle in CT again? :star:

Of course, if you want a job, this is not the area to live in .... (I'm not at all bitter am I?).

We are actually thinking of moving to CT possibly or back to GA if hubby cannot find work.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline
Of course, if you want a job, this is not the area to live in .... (I'm not at all bitter am I?).

We are actually thinking of moving to CT possibly or back to GA if hubby cannot find work.

:)... I think we'd have a tough time convincing Sikorsky to move up to NH :)

Awe... I hope you two can find a solution very soon... of course CT would always love to have you back.. ;)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

Honestly though.. some people I'd like to kick in the head..

I tell person A if you go about this immigration thing this way it will lead to disaster.. how will you support yourself, how will you know for sure about his sincerity etc....

Person A goes and does things in a rash manner with little thought etc. of consequences. and now is like "what should I dooooo... ooooohhhhhh poooor me...""..

blah blah blah.. I'm sick of the yanging.. honestly.. GAH! :angry:

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline
Link please.

I could link you to my reality.. :)

No one on this site... just a friend who moved from japan to PEI to marry some guy she'd never met before :P

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Link please.

No one on this site... just a friend who moved from japan to PEI to marry some guy she'd never met before :P

Can u blame her? Us Cdn men are irresistible!! :whistle:

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Link please.

I remember you telling us about this couple. So what did she do? Come over as a visitor and is now getting married? Or did she marry and now is saying, what did she do??

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline
Link please.

I remember you telling us about this couple. So what did she do? Come over as a visitor and is now getting married? Or did she marry and now is saying, what did she do??

Ahh, yes. That girl. Yes, c'mon E. Give us the scoop! How'd she get into the country, even? :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline
Ahh, yes. That girl. Yes, c'mon E. Give us the scoop! How'd she get into the country, even? :lol:

All right inquiring minds :)

So she shows up in Canada - and he meets her at the airport in a dirty t-shirt and jeans.. he gives her her birthday present (she's exhausted from the traveling and tells him she doesn't want to open it - but he makes her) which is stock inventory out of his "business" (classy move loverboy) .. so they go to his family house where she will be living until they get married and it's a tiny house and she's sharing his bedroom with him (and he hasn't even cleaned up at all).. she's horrified (being a very traditional kinda gal) and then she hates the food they eat (high fat maritime diet) and can't stand all the "family" around all the time (traditional maritimers)..

So.. now she's stuck in the "boonies" with no vehicle, she can't stand to live in such proximity to his family, but she has no $$ and she knows she needs to move out, but can't on her own, and she wants to get married, but doesn't cause she's not sure at this point WHAT she's got herself into...

All the while she's been complaining to me.. yeah.. nice one.. I told her from the very beginning that she's rushing things and you don't really know someone until you meet them in person for real.. and she needed to stop being so rash.

And all the details she seems so shocked by them - like how her fiance lives, what his life looks like - i don't understand what the heck they talked about before she moved to Canada - did she not realize who he was? did they just never talk about it?

GAH! I've asked her point blank why the HECK would you marry someone under these circumstances..

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: Timeline
So she shows up in Canada - and he meets her at the airport in a dirty t-shirt and jeans.. he gives her her birthday present (she's exhausted from the traveling and tells him she doesn't want to open it - but he makes her) which is stock inventory out of his "business" (classy move loverboy) .. so they go to his family house where she will be living until they get married and it's a tiny house and she's sharing his bedroom with him (and he hasn't even cleaned up at all).. she's horrified (being a very traditional kinda gal) and then she hates the food they eat (high fat maritime diet) and can't stand all the "family" around all the time (traditional maritimers)..

EWWW. icon8.gif

BAAAAD move with the b-day present. Way to go, loverboy. Well.... at least he's giving her some signs that he may not be the right loverboy for her. <----------- really huge understatement

iagree.gif

Timeline
BAAAAD move with the b-day present. Way to go, loverboy. Well.... at least he's giving her some signs that he may not be the right loverboy for her. <----------- really huge understatement

yeah i'm exasperated at this point.. i mean.. really... what is there to love?

She tells me that she's negative and is looking at everything from a bad light - and I'm like - he shouldn't be dissapointing you at this stage -he should be wowing you!! It's only down hill from here lady!! I know love deepens, but the "romance" of those first few days will never be there in the same intensity or at least not in my experience.. that's the hard bit to keep alive..

She's oblivious.. and I really think she's going to end up married and miserable.. She's too "nice" and "proper" to put a stop to this.. perhaps a bit of personality, perhaps a bit of culture, but it's irritating me today.. i've said all that i can say..and told her 1000 times that she needs to take more time and really not rush into anything.. fine if they want to date, but for goodness sakes marriage is for a life time!!

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

All right inquiring minds :)

So.. now she's stuck in the "boonies" with no vehicle, she can't stand to live in such proximity to his family, but she has no $$ and she knows she needs to move out, but can't on her own, and she wants to get married, but doesn't cause she's not sure at this point WHAT she's got herself into...

All the while she's been complaining to me.. yeah.. nice one.. I told her from the very beginning that she's rushing things and you don't really know someone until you meet them in person for real.. and she needed to stop being so rash.

And all the details she seems so shocked by them - like how her fiance lives, what his life looks like - i don't understand what the heck they talked about before she moved to Canada - did she not realize who he was? did they just never talk about it?

GAH! I've asked her point blank why the HECK would you marry someone under these circumstances..

Well, there are some things I'm thinking he's a goof for doing...the dirty jeans and t-shirt, the present. But really...from other things she's said, what's the big deal? Is she "too good" for the traditional maritimer? She doesn't like the food (well, maybe she needs to ask if she can cook some meals for them), can't stand the family around all the time (well, like hey...they LIVE there). What do you mean she's a traditional kind of gal? :blink:

Sounds like they're from two different planets. Don't know what she expected, and don't know what he expected, but they probably need to get out on their own, and try living together I guess...unless that's what you mean by she's a traditional gal in that she doesn't want to live with him before marriage?

Gosh, this is like a soap opera.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
Well, there are some things I'm thinking he's a goof for doing...the dirty jeans and t-shirt, the present. But really...from other things she's said, what's the big deal? Is she "too good" for the traditional maritimer? She doesn't like the food (well, maybe she needs to ask if she can cook some meals for them), can't stand the family around all the time (well, like hey...they LIVE there). What do you mean she's a traditional kind of gal? :blink:

Sounds like they're from two different planets. Don't know what she expected, and don't know what he expected, but they probably need to get out on their own, and try living together I guess...unless that's what you mean by she's a traditional gal in that she doesn't want to live with him before marriage?

Gosh, this is like a soap opera.

\lol.. well there is a lot of the snotty tendencies happening here, but some of it is from her "romantic ideal" about PEI and she thinks life is like the Anne books (gag me).. I've tried to kind of balance her expectations, but this is classic she expected this amazing romantic life and she didn't get anything she bargained for - duh.. they only knew each other since MAY! :)

They are from different planets, and yep.. the traditional reference means she doesn't want to live with him before they are married (although she is already doing that).. ;)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.