bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It would be nice to have a few heck I'd be happy with one friend near by, I know I havent been here long at all and I havent had the chance to meet ppl really but I can't even talk to ppl out on the street that walk by cause well nobody walks by. People just arent as chatty in the stores or where ever and I like to talk about anything and everything works for me.

HUGS FOR ALL

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have one of those days coming up tomorrow. I have to make some waves at work and I've been avoiding it for two weeks. The longer I wait the more anxious I am becoming. But the more anxious I get the more I am putting it off. So I decided this weekend, that that was it, I have to make a stink about one of our departments and just take the hatred/glares/snide remarks/coffee un-invites that's going to go along with it. I realize at times like this, that I am young and haven't developed that business aspect yet. When I think I've got things down at work, I realize I've still got so much to learn and grow into. :unsure:

And to make things worse, having my interview date makes me want to just lose my mind and go totally insane and say exactly what I'm thinking. Go ahead and fire me ~ I'm leaving anyways (as I'm flipping the bird). And, I asked for my letter of reference weeks ago, so I'm not shot in the foot there either. :devil:

Ugh.

Timeline

ok not really a vent but i'm bored as hell. Hubby is gone to work, and none of my friends will ever answer the phone. It would be nice to be able to chat with someone about everything and anything ya know. So I sit here trying to avoid eating outta boredom, yawning like theres no tomorow and still cant keep myself busy. Most ppl look at me when I say i'm bored like i'm off my rocker cause how can i be bored with 4 kids. Its not hard really. Anyways I'm here surfing through the vj forums to fill in some time.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Do you live in a city or a rural area? Are you familiar with where you live now? Do you have a car or bike? I'm sorry your so bored! If it's as hot there as here, it's best to stay in A/C unless you're used to this heat. :wacko:

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
Do you live in a city or a rural area? Are you familiar with where you live now? Do you have a car or bike? I'm sorry your so bored! If it's as hot there as here, it's best to stay in A/C unless you're used to this heat. :wacko:

:thumbs:

I hear you Carla (our patio door is steamed up too!).

Yesterday we went to look at that yukky house at 2:00. I normally will not go out during the daytime here, right now, as it is too too hot - I made an exception though because there was rain forcast :lol:

Well it didn't rain until 3! So there we were, standing in an un-airconditioned house (the thermostat in the car said it was like 95 - which means it was probably 100), speaking to these very nice but untidy people and I finally got so hot I interrupted them mid sentence and said welllll we have to fly - we have a duplex to look at at.....and i look at my watch and can't see the time (no i'm not blind but it's a fashion watch and hard to see in dim light lol) - 'at something 30 :lol:

I then proceeded to head for the door - out in to the bright sunshine - the guy is still talking at the door and all i'm thinking about it the aircon in the car.

Mike is on his way to the DMV right now to get a FL driver's license, he chose Daytona Beach branch as he may as well see the beach while getting his DL! I didn't go because, although it's raining - the sun will prob be out shortly....come on 'winter' or fall even! :thumbs:

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Timeline

MATILDA, the folkloric secretary we all love to hate, didn't show up for work.... AGAIN. :angry:

This @$$%%!! shows up 75% of the time; 30% of which is spent in chatting with people and students, 20% is spent outside his desk somewhere he shouldn't be, and the otehr 50% he is usually stoned out of his mind with his prescription du jour. Right now, I hate unions. I do, I do, I do. :protest:

Timeline

HOW hard can it be to find a PCP.. I mean REALLY? Everyone in this blessed city is not taking patients or the info on the CIGNA website is incorrect and they are not a PCP. I've tried at least 8-9 offices and frankly I'm TIRED of trying.. GEEPERS.. i just need a Dr. on file to call if I get sick.. it's NOT rocket science people!!!!!!!! :angry:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
MATILDA, the folkloric secretary we all love to hate, didn't show up for work.... AGAIN. :angry:

This @$$%%!! shows up 75% of the time; 30% of which is spent in chatting with people and students, 20% is spent outside his desk somewhere he shouldn't be, and the otehr 50% he is usually stoned out of his mind with his prescription du jour. Right now, I hate unions. I do, I do, I do. :protest:

Yeah who does he think he is, a professor with tenure. :bonk:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I have one of those days coming up tomorrow. I have to make some waves at work and I've been avoiding it for two weeks. The longer I wait the more anxious I am becoming. But the more anxious I get the more I am putting it off. So I decided this weekend, that that was it, I have to make a stink about one of our departments and just take the hatred/glares/snide remarks/coffee un-invites that's going to go along with it. I realize at times like this, that I am young and haven't developed that business aspect yet. When I think I've got things down at work, I realize I've still got so much to learn and grow into. :unsure:

And to make things worse, having my interview date makes me want to just lose my mind and go totally insane and say exactly what I'm thinking. Go ahead and fire me ~ I'm leaving anyways (as I'm flipping the bird). And, I asked for my letter of reference weeks ago, so I'm not shot in the foot there either. :devil:

Ugh.

So- how did it go?

Filed: Timeline

Yeah who does he think he is, a professor with tenure. :bonk:

:rofl: THAT'S MY BRO!!!! :rofl:

Timeline

So we moved, but his mother is still calling every day sometimes twice a day.

I understand we all have a wedding to go to on friday for my husbands cousin (all they do is talk smack about these guys) and she feels the need to organize everything, or should I say control but there is no need to call us up so much. We're going, we'll see you there. How hard is that to understand??

But anyways she called up my husband tonight yelling because we wanted to drive ourselves to Erie rather then with his uncle. She also was insulted that we didn't want to eat over at her house tomorrow. Honey, I have been eating dinner with you people for a year. NO I don't want to come over for dinner now. I need space, we need some space. Let us have some goddamned space.

If this continues on next week I told my husband he's going to have to talk to her and I hate to say this, its going to come down to choosing eventually because I can't stand being in the kitchen and hearing her yelling at him while he's on the phone with him in the living room. Don't yell at MY husband. He's 30 not 4.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

^I feel for you! I honestly don't know how you deal with it... a mother like that would drive me bonkers. That's so unfortunate it may have to come down to choosing - what is her big anyway with all the yelling?

Our teeny timeline:

Jan 23 '08 ~ met online

Mar '08 ~ 1st visit to Vancouver

May '08 ~ 2nd visit to Vancouver

Jun 08 ~ plans to move to the west coast!

Aug 8 08 ~ he moves to Bellingham

current ~ many trips back and forth across the border...

Timeline

Oy Sprailenes! Sounds like she just needs to butt-the-f-out! :angry:

Make sure you don't sit across from her at the wedding, otherwise you'll be catching her nasty glare all night. Also, don't sit right next to her either, otherwise you'll be listening to her all night. Its a careful seating position when dealing with the MIL from hell. :blink:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.