bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey everyone.. so some of you may remember my MOH fiasco... well her friend, the other bridesmaid, just wrote me an email.

Hey Liz

I just thought that I would let you know that Jenny is really, really hurt and upset by the way you left without speaking with her.

Jenny takes friendship very, very seriously and gets hurt quite often from a lot of her friends.

She really wished you reached a little further out to her (perhaps a phone call) before you left.

She said if you had called and expressed that you really wanted to see her before you left she would have come to your going away party, but she felt like it really didn't matter to you either way. We spoke about this last night.

This is probably based off of the fact that apparently when you asked her to step down as the maid of honour, you started off by saying "I don't know if our friendship will withstand this," or something along those lines, which gave her the impression that you had no faith in the strength of it at all.

I tried to explain that you thought you did reach out with the text and e-vite, but Jenny thought that was very impersonal and since you sent them to everyone else as well it was obviously not specific to her.

She's really hurting thinking that her friendship meant so little to you.

If that is not the case, I think you should try to get that across to her.

A written letter or a phone call would probably be best. (Not email).

Just a suggestion.

With friends like that, who needs enemas? :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Ya.. I have a sweater of hers that I was hoping to return before I left. I'll mail it to her with a letter (sans apology) when I get around to it.

Torch it in a bonfire. :devil:

Now you're thinking. Take a photo of yourself wearing the sweater. Put a note under it, "Here's me wearing my new sweater." :lol: You have her sweater, now all you need is some chicken blood, a doll of her and some pins. :devil:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Timeline
Ya.. I have a sweater of hers that I was hoping to return before I left. I'll mail it to her with a letter (sans apology) when I get around to it.

Torch it in a bonfire. :devil:

Now you're thinking. Take a photo of yourself wearing the sweater. Put a note under it, "Here's me wearing my new sweater." :lol: You have her sweater, now all you need is some chicken blood, a doll of her and some pins. :devil:

.... You look at that sweater, carefully

And you realize that love made you temporarily blind

You've got a secret now, honey, and though you would never sink as low as him you could blab it all over the school if you wanted

The label in that sweater said 100% Acrylic :o

From "The Sweater" - by Meryn Cadell

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
OK Ventings....I am waiting an RFE from VSC...on the positive side I heard some news after 5 months...however still waiting since 11-15 to find out what is needed?! This is the longest wait for a piece of mail from VT, considering how close I am in proximity to VT - - lol - - and why notify me online about the RFE yet not tell me what it is?? - - anywho...still waiting...here is hoping for tomorrow....perhaps a they used a pigeon service?? :rolleyes:

:blink:

You are so kidding us, right? :lol: You do realize you are in the Canada Forum and we're used to waiting eons for mail delivery? Ah, perspective. It always gives me a good laugh. God I love USPS. :lol:

:jest: Apparently no -oops my bad - - thanks for putting things into perspective for me - - - guess i shall shutty uppy and wait for the good ole USPS......

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

Ok, I just don't understand what the F is wrong with the Canadian Government. First, they completely botch my immigration. Now, the CRA is auditing (a desk audit of sorts) my husband's 2006 income tax return. They had an issue with him claiming me as a dependent because I didn't have SIN. After responding the basically the same question (Please provide your spouse's SIN and if your spouse doesn't have one, explain why), they issued me a temporary SIN, long after I had moved away but whatever. Then they come back and are questioning the credit he took for rent paid and asked for all 12 month's canceled checks. Fine, my husband goes to the bank and gets his copies at $10/per copy. Submits them and now CRA says some of them are illegible and to provide better copies. #######, its all the bank had to offer. He has 1 week to get them something else or they throw the entire claim off the return. Naturally, they don't accept the lease or bank statements showing the checks cashed, only copies of the canceled checks. We paid just under $20k that year in rent and I think the CRA should just cease to exist because they don't know their heads from their arses. Or perhaps, let a private company contract their work and perhaps people in the business world can figure something out.

Now, he is self employed and has to have a WSIB (Workers Safety Insurance Board) account to work at a specific job site. He is not required by law to insure himself, but there is no way to get an account number without insuring someone. :wacko: So, it's actually cheaper to hire a part time employee and insure them to insure himself (based upon his wages). So, he does just that. He calls and calls and calls and requests that a Certificate proving he has an account be faxed to the builder and weeks later, the builder has not received anything. So, finally, after about 1 week of trying to talk to a live person, he is told that they won't fax out the Cert until he makes a payment (this was early Oct). Fine, how much do you want? $400 is the response, just as a down payment for the 3rd quarter. The actual return for the quarter is not due until Oct 31. My husband goes to the bank and makes a payment of $400 and the Cert is issued to the builder within a few days. About a week later, my husband gets a bill from WSIB wanting $3,600. He is like ####### and calls them. They took that $400 as a 10% down payment of some kind and estimated that he must owe the rest and it is all simply made up numbers by the WSIB. This is all prior to the return actually being due. So he explained what had transpired the previous week and the woman still doesn't understand why the $400 doesn't equal a 10% down payment of insurance premiums actually due...He filed his return and is actually owed a refund. Bet he doesn't see that anytime before the world comes to an end.

I am just baffled that Canada is still a surviving entity...

*whew* i feel better.. i think

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, most countries and most Government offices pretty much get the same rap and the countries keep chugging along in spite of this - lucky that :)

Edited by trailmix

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

Well, most countries and most Government offices pretty much get the same rap and the countries keep chugging along in spite of this - lucky that :)

Yeah yeah, I know. :angry: I am just venting. They won't leave me alone! :crying:

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Sigh. There they go moving threads out of the Canada Forum and into the fray again. :(

When I *do* post a topic (which is RARE anymore) I try to remember to put "Keep in Canada Forum" in the title somewheres. Yeah I agree wid ya, I do wish they'd leave our threads alone. *sigh*

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep!! They just can't leave them alone!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ugh...I am trying to get my vaccination documentation transferred over to an I-693A..

I am getting prices starting at $295.00 for both myself and my son. So almost 600.00.

All the doctor has to do is transfer stuff over!

What a rip off.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline
Ugh...I am trying to get my vaccination documentation transferred over to an I-693A..

I am getting prices starting at $295.00 for both myself and my son. So almost 600.00.

All the doctor has to do is transfer stuff over!

What a rip off.

Actually, all you have to do is send them a copy of the vaccination document; you aren't required to submit the I-693a. Since Canadians receive their immunization information before we get the visa, USCIS already has all that information in their file. The request for the I-693a is only there because some consulates allow K-1's to wait and get their vaccinations when they're in the US.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

These doctors are all stupid. They are telling me that I need to get an entire physical again.

Me: "I already had my medical in June"

Lady:"Well you have to get another one"

Me: "No I dont, I just need the information transferred over!"

Lady: "Well we don't do it like that"

Me: "I have already had a physical"

Lady: "It's 300.00 per person would you like an appointment?"

Me: "NO!"

#$Y&@($@Y#$Y(#&$&( $)(#$&(#$(&)#&$(

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
These doctors are all stupid. They are telling me that I need to get an entire physical again.

Did you try telling them that you spoke with USCIS several times to confirm that you do not need the entire physical again because you had yours within the last year?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.