bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Just a little update on me going nuts about my job last week:

-The girl that gave me hell on that Sunday night apologized to me for being so rude, which I really appreciated.

-They hired a new technician from another clinic that closed, and she will be day time...means she is scheduled with some 7-4pm, 8-5pm, 9-6pm.

I told my supervisor once she is able to work her way around alone that I want at least 2 of my week days changed from 10-7pm to an earlier shift. I took those crappy hours only to get myself out of the night shift. But I've been there for 7 months now so I think I come first! I got 8-5pm for the time I was in training too so I am not too worried about it right now, she needs to learn the place first. The last hour from 6pm to 7pm is sometimes a little crazy because the night people won't help with some of the day stuff (appointments and surgery releases).

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you get your request Mephys.

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Matilda, the ubber-inefficient secretary is HIGH .- AGAIN :angry:

This sh1thead goes around doing NADA, gets paid and cannot be fired. ARGHHHHH.

Not pleased. Not at all. Ideas, anyone???????????????? :devil::devil::devil:

High like "on drugs" high? :unsure:

High like on downers high.... if that makes any sense. The dude is such a pill head, alleging "pain". Bulleffingshite. He is abusing his prescription drugs as if they were candy; and actually goes around telling everyone who listens that "I AM STONED OUT OF MY MIND, THIS MEDS ARE AWESOME". I kid yuo not people, it's turning scary --- and if I know anything about addiction is that it only gets worse, never better.

Oh, okay. One of those attention seekers.

How to piss off an attention seeker:

- Don't give them any.

:lol:

Good answer Krikit, I was going to say take him to the roof of the tallest building and convince him that he can fly. If he's a bit hesitant, be a dear and give him a little push. :devil:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Timeline

High like "on drugs" high? :unsure:

High like on downers high.... if that makes any sense. The dude is such a pill head, alleging "pain". Bulleffingshite. He is abusing his prescription drugs as if they were candy; and actually goes around telling everyone who listens that "I AM STONED OUT OF MY MIND, THIS MEDS ARE AWESOME". I kid yuo not people, it's turning scary --- and if I know anything about addiction is that it only gets worse, never better.

Oh, okay. One of those attention seekers.

How to piss off an attention seeker:

- Don't give them any.

Good answer Krikit, I was going to say take him to the roof of the tallest building and convince him that he can fly. If he's a bit hesitant, be a dear and give him a little push. :devil:

Matilda is missing in action.... maybe he thought he could fly after all...

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I had no idea that you were such a cynic, true love conquers all doesn't it? :innocent: PEI is so much like Japan, they both love Anne Shirley don't they? :lol:

You have no idea :devil:

She is from Quebec Mumsie.

Never forget that.

There is fire in those (we) people!!!

:star:

Arsenic and old lace?

It's a play I saw many years ago.

The movie starred Cary Grant, Peter Lorre and Toronto's own Raymond Massey. As I recall it's about spinster aunts that kill hobos and bury them in the basement. Matilda is not a hobo unfortunately. :crying: BTW, saw Raymond Massey in a WW2 propaganda film, 49th Parallel a few weeks ago. Any movie that has Laurence Olivier as a Qubecois fur trapper can't be all bad. :lol: Massey was not playing a Nazi but Andy Brock a soldier who owns some land near Beamsville, it was the only time "Abe Lincoln" ever played a Canadian. Strange but true. The movie was filmed on location in Canada and Newfoundland (wasn't part of Canada yet), interesting to see what downtown Winnipeg and a few other places looked like in 1940. They filmed some scenes during Banff Indian days too. It was designed to get America to join the Allies.

The Quebecois are full of fire, really, how come I never heard of it? On second thought, I guess that's why they call it the Quiet Revolution. :bonk: Boy have I got a lot to learn, all this time I thought that Mephys was an ardent supporter of Duplessis. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

I received a letter from my (ex-)employer today. They fired me effective June 20th.

Edited by Necrotica

08/25/06 - 08/08/07 - K1 timeframe from mailing the petition to the NSC to K1 approval at the Montréal Consulate

08/31/07 - Réjean makes the big move to the USA

09/22/07 - MARRIED!

10/09/07 - Réjean gets his SSN

Adjustment of status:

10/26/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/07 - Biometrics appointment

12/14/07 - I-485 transferred to the California Service Center

12/28/07 - EAD approved!

01/07/08 - EAD received

02/08/08 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!!!!

02/16/08 - Green card received!

*headdesk*:

01/02/09 - Réjean loses his wallet containing his drivers license, Social Security card, and green card

02/04/09 - Our best friends bail us out by giving us the money to file for the replacement green card!

02/12/09 - E-filed I-90 for the replacement green card along with the $370 filing fee (including biometrics)

02/19/09 - NOA1

02/25/09 - Biometrics appointment

05/01/09 - Replacement green card received

Removal of conditions:

01/07/10: Mailed I-751 packet by overnight mail to the CSC

01/11/10: I-751 packet delivered and signed for

01/19/10: Received NOA1

01/28/10: Biometrics (did walk-in due to Réjean being out on the road on original date of 02/10/10)

02/03/10: APPROVED!!!

02/05/10: Received e-mail from USCIS saying the card production has been ordered

02/06/10: Received letter typed on plain paper from USCIS congratulating Réjean on his removal of conditions approval

02/11/10: Green card received

That sucks Necrotica. Have you filed a complaint yet?

I'm going to.

Surprisingly, I still have access to my e-mail. As tempted as I was to send a message to all of Medicare stating in 72-point bolded Arial font that my company sucks fat, hairy d*ck as was done two days ago by a fellow disgruntled employee, I refrained and alternatively sent an e-mail to the co-workers I was closest to saying goodbye, that I enjoyed working with them, and that I wish them all the best in their future endeavors. That felt kind of nice.

*sighs*

08/25/06 - 08/08/07 - K1 timeframe from mailing the petition to the NSC to K1 approval at the Montréal Consulate

08/31/07 - Réjean makes the big move to the USA

09/22/07 - MARRIED!

10/09/07 - Réjean gets his SSN

Adjustment of status:

10/26/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/07 - Biometrics appointment

12/14/07 - I-485 transferred to the California Service Center

12/28/07 - EAD approved!

01/07/08 - EAD received

02/08/08 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!!!!

02/16/08 - Green card received!

*headdesk*:

01/02/09 - Réjean loses his wallet containing his drivers license, Social Security card, and green card

02/04/09 - Our best friends bail us out by giving us the money to file for the replacement green card!

02/12/09 - E-filed I-90 for the replacement green card along with the $370 filing fee (including biometrics)

02/19/09 - NOA1

02/25/09 - Biometrics appointment

05/01/09 - Replacement green card received

Removal of conditions:

01/07/10: Mailed I-751 packet by overnight mail to the CSC

01/11/10: I-751 packet delivered and signed for

01/19/10: Received NOA1

01/28/10: Biometrics (did walk-in due to Réjean being out on the road on original date of 02/10/10)

02/03/10: APPROVED!!!

02/05/10: Received e-mail from USCIS saying the card production has been ordered

02/06/10: Received letter typed on plain paper from USCIS congratulating Réjean on his removal of conditions approval

02/11/10: Green card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
That sucks Necrotica. Have you filed a complaint yet?

I'm going to.

Surprisingly, I still have access to my e-mail. As tempted as I was to send a message to all of Medicare stating in 72-point bolded Arial font that my company sucks fat, hairy d*ck as was done two days ago by a fellow disgruntled employee, I refrained and alternatively sent an e-mail to the co-workers I was closest to saying goodbye, that I enjoyed working with them, and that I wish them all the best in their future endeavors. That felt kind of nice.

*sighs*

That took a lot of class Necrotica to say goodbye in that way! :thumbs:

I hope things start going your way, cause it sure sounds like your company treated you in a terribly unfair manner. Hope karma kicks the HR person right in the keester.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ahhh my first VENT ... So I quit smoking last night (with the aid of the patch) .... safe to say I am a lil annoyed with small things ... so we sent out K1 package two days ago through USPS in Chicago .... well I went online to check the tracking thing and it is still sitting in the damn post office .... this is the same message that has been on there since we sent it

Your item was accepted at 4:18 PM on June 24, 2008 in OAK FOREST, IL XXXXX. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Ummm yah 2 days sitting in a post office uggh I guess I am just used to Canada Post being so quick my fiancee warned me that Chicago has a crappy postal service but I never thought something would sit in the post office for two days!!!

Okay I am done lol if I had those smokes I would be able to calm down quicker lol ....

5031.gif

01hailee043-1.jpg52-1.jpgChicago.jpgCamera1025.jpg22-1.jpg

"Though miles may lie between us, we're never far apart, for love doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart."

"When you feel alone, just look at the spaces between your fingers, remember that in those spaces you can see my fingers locked with yours forever."

"Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle; rather a great reminder of just how strong true love can be."

"To truly love something, you must first give it a chance to fail. If it survives, it is going to be stronger than ever. Distance is pure proof of this, and forever we will love if we survive."

~2005~ Met Online through mutual friend

~02/22/2008~ First trip to Chicago

~05/22/2008~ Second trip to Chicago

~06/11/2008~ Sent all doc's and proof to him for package

~06/16/2008~ Fiancee receives all my doc's and proof

~06/24/2008~ Fiancee sent K1 package to California

~06/26/2008~ Package arrives at California Service Center

~07/01/2008~ Cheque cashed

Ahhh my first VENT ... So I quit smoking last night (with the aid of the patch) .... safe to say I am a lil annoyed with small things ... so we sent out K1 package two days ago through USPS in Chicago .... well I went online to check the tracking thing and it is still sitting in the damn post office .... this is the same message that has been on there since we sent it

Your item was accepted at 4:18 PM on June 24, 2008 in OAK FOREST, IL XXXXX. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Ummm yah 2 days sitting in a post office uggh I guess I am just used to Canada Post being so quick my fiancee warned me that Chicago has a crappy postal service but I never thought something would sit in the post office for two days!!!

Okay I am done lol if I had those smokes I would be able to calm down quicker lol ....

Forgive me...I am confused! :blink: I just responded to your other posting, and I'm DUH! I thought you were checking at the USCIS site instead of USPS. *sigh* It might just say that, and it's on it's way. The USPS doesn't update a lot of times until it's received.

Other than my comment about taking a breath, and your quitting smoking, you might want to just disregard the rest of my message in the other thread! :lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Why why why do men choose to be so sexist?

I am not deck fluff!

Hmph.

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am not deck fluff!

Hmph.

Deck fluff? Is that like deck decoration??

Who is the sexist, out him and give us his email and we will spam him!! :hehe:

I am not deck fluff!

Hmph.

Deck fluff? Is that like deck decoration??

Who is the sexist, out him and give us his email and we will spam him!! :hehe:

Precisely.

And this after I do the work of three people and assist in us winning our race yesterday short crewed on a 40.7 foot boat.

What the...?!

Guys just don't get it.

And some girls too.

Just because you just blew into town does not make you a green sailor.

And just because I do not like nor enjoy talking the talk (technical #######, yawn!!), does not mean I do not have probably many more ocean miles under my belt than them and can handle anything.

Perhaps lake sailors are envious of us salty dogs. Who knows.

He didn't even ask me about my experience and made an assumption based on??? I have no idea.

I was replying to someone about gear they might need for bad weather...as well as something else. I forget.

I am used to this kind of ####### from people who really don't know me.

The kind that have the puffy chests and are usually not so good on the water.

I have grown some thick skin to deal with #######.

And still...it get to me at times.

And truly I do not want to have "thick skin".

You know?

Edited by SpiritAlight

Over & out, Spirit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.