bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

:innocent::whistle:

user3148_1168318814a.jpg

wait wait wait!! have you already been beating him???

What the beep is that :lol:

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheryl at Human Resources called me today. She basically told me that "if the job is not a good fit for me anymore, they would accept my resignation".

*rips hair out*

I WOULD NOT HAVE TO QUIT IF YOU WOULD HAVE JUST GIVEN ME SOME SIMPLE ACCOMMODATIONS IN THE FIRST PLACE TO PREVENT ME FROM BURNING OUT!!!

I actually showed some balls for once and told her right over the phone that I'm filing a complaint with the EEOC because this whole situation is ridiculous and never should have happened. She then asked for another doctor's letter stating my restrictions so that they could grant me accommodations. HOW?! I don't have insurance anymore! Plus that is not required to make accommodations! You only need to turn in documentation that you have a disability, which I did in SEPTEMBER.

I HATE THIS SH*T, and I HATE MY LIFE. Why couldn't I have impairments that would actually KILL ME instead of ones that aren't going to kill me but will instead ensure that I have a very long, miserable life? I've dealt with struggle after struggle after struggle after struggle IN-F*CKING-FINITY since I was 11 years old. I am going to turn 27 in 13 days. IT HAS BEEN 15 YEARS OF CONSTANT STRUGGLE. I AM SO TIRED OF IT.

I AM SO F*CKING ANGRY RIGHT NOW.

I am so so sorry hon (F)

:(

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I hate presidential elections. Just thought I'd say it. This constant jibber jabber about nothing, and no real debate is driving me crazy.

Yay five more months to go. :wacko::wacko:

OMG I am so tired of it as well. I used to be a fairly political person. Now I just wish everyone would stop with the "my party is better than your party" bs.

Necrotica: I too am sorry you are dealing with this. As long as the HR person thinks she can push you around she will. It's good to get angry enough to fight for what you deserve. I hope things get better!

I'd also like to add that I don't really have a vent, but school gets out Friday and I haven't cleaned my desk out (or off) in 9 months. It's pretty awful. I've been so mired down in immigration stuff and dealing with my ex and his wife and how crazy they've made my life this last year that I've essentially just piled things in or on my desk. I have no idea where my happy file system went.

I love that commercial, "My party's better than your party, My party's better than yours. My party's better 'cause we eat Ken-L-Ration." :lol:

I haven't cleaned off my desk in more than a few years so I know what you are talking about. :thumbs:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

user3148_1168318814a.jpg

that is my hubby after I beat him for taking too much of my Cheese Whiz.... :whistle:

Well as I have now seen this photo so many time, at the top of the last page and now this page, I am starting to feel sorry for this guy, whoever he is!!

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Vent:

I am annoyed because I have at least 5 books stacked in order to read (for fun) over the summer. But I also have to read one for school (actually, re-read) and then 4 on my summer reading list for the kids. I have to keep my second job for the summer so I don't know how much time I'll have to read!!!

Yes, that's right. I am THAT much of a nerd that I am panicking that I won't have enough time to read them all before P gets here.

:blush:

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline

user3148_1168318814a.jpg

that is my hubby after I beat him for taking too much of my Cheese Whiz.... :whistle:

It looks like you really beat the Cheese Whiz out of him. :lol:

IR5

Timeline
Vent:

I am annoyed because I have at least 5 books stacked in order to read (for fun) over the summer. But I also have to read one for school (actually, re-read) and then 4 on my summer reading list for the kids. I have to keep my second job for the summer so I don't know how much time I'll have to read!!!

Yes, that's right. I am THAT much of a nerd that I am panicking that I won't have enough time to read them all before P gets here.

:blush:

When faced with a similar situation, do what I do, forego sleep, food and all other other forms of distraction (you can always shower later :o ). Problem solved. :lol:

IR5

user3148_1168318814a.jpg

Bahahaha!!! :lol:

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Thank you so much for all the support, everyone. It means the world to me.

08/25/06 - 08/08/07 - K1 timeframe from mailing the petition to the NSC to K1 approval at the Montréal Consulate

08/31/07 - Réjean makes the big move to the USA

09/22/07 - MARRIED!

10/09/07 - Réjean gets his SSN

Adjustment of status:

10/26/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/07 - Biometrics appointment

12/14/07 - I-485 transferred to the California Service Center

12/28/07 - EAD approved!

01/07/08 - EAD received

02/08/08 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!!!!

02/16/08 - Green card received!

*headdesk*:

01/02/09 - Réjean loses his wallet containing his drivers license, Social Security card, and green card

02/04/09 - Our best friends bail us out by giving us the money to file for the replacement green card!

02/12/09 - E-filed I-90 for the replacement green card along with the $370 filing fee (including biometrics)

02/19/09 - NOA1

02/25/09 - Biometrics appointment

05/01/09 - Replacement green card received

Removal of conditions:

01/07/10: Mailed I-751 packet by overnight mail to the CSC

01/11/10: I-751 packet delivered and signed for

01/19/10: Received NOA1

01/28/10: Biometrics (did walk-in due to Réjean being out on the road on original date of 02/10/10)

02/03/10: APPROVED!!!

02/05/10: Received e-mail from USCIS saying the card production has been ordered

02/06/10: Received letter typed on plain paper from USCIS congratulating Réjean on his removal of conditions approval

02/11/10: Green card received

Timeline
Thank you so much for all the support, everyone. It means the world to me.

Necrotica, you took the time to share your difficult experience with us and the least we can do is provide comfort and support to you in your hour of need. It is always our pleasure to aid you in any way we can, even if it is only moral support that we are able to provide. Remember, we're with you in your fight against rampant stupidity. :thumbs:

IR5

Timeline

user3148_1168318814a.jpg

Bahahaha!!! :lol:

i used one of these... :whistle:

23158380046.jpg

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

ARGH, my cell phone is driving me crazy...

so like back in March or April I bought a cell phone, one of those pay as you go ones... And to keep your phone activated you have to add airtime every month...

so my airdate was coming up (may 14th) so I decided to sign up for the Easy minute plan around may 5th, that automatically adds minutes to your phone every month.. and it was going to be 15 bucks a month... the cheapest card you can buy is 30 bucks and at the time I didn't have 30 bucks...

anyways I wait till the end of the week and I still haven't seen anything about the easy minute plan... like they haven't taken out the money or anything so I call them up... and i speak with someone and try to explain my situation and like every few minutes she was like I need to go ask my supervisor :blink: ...

so the final verdict was that it was going to take 7 to 10 days to set up the Easy Minute plan.. So then I asked well it that 7 to 10 days form when I signed up or from now and all she kept saying was it is going to be 7 to 10 days... and then I tried to tell her that my airdate was coming up in a few days and she just said it will be 7 to 10 days, ma'am :girlwerewolf2xn: by that time I was sick of hearing 7 to 10 days :P so I just said ok and hung up...

so later taht day get an email saying that I ned to call and confirm something so I call back and they act like they don't know what I am talking about.. I explained the situation again and then the guys says, "so you want to sign up for the Easy minute plan" :girlwerewolf2xn: .... I was like no I already told you that I had signed up last week... and guess what I got the same answer as earlier.. 7 to 10 days :angry:

So of course my airdate came and went and still no response.... And then today I get an email saying that this is my last day to reactivate my phone without losing my number or the minutes I have on my phone :blink: And of course I still haven't heard anything from the Easy minute plan :wacko: so I just decided to buy a 30 dollar card... but when I went to try and add the minutes it says "sorry your order can't be processed at this time" :wacko: and I checked my bank account, the money for the card is pending... :unsure:

:girlwerewolf2xn:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

ok just called and talked to the automated guy ... he was much more helpful then the other schumcks I talked to before :lol:

so my phone should be reactivated soon with the new minutes I just bought...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
ok just called and talked to the automated guy ... he was much more helpful then the other schumcks I talked to before :lol:

so my phone should be reactivated soon with the new minutes I just bought...

Ouch. How frustrating! Glad you are back in business.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.