bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
hehehe

the first time I read "pee Tests", I thought pregnancy test

guess I've got baby on the brain!

AND NO WE'RE NOT PREGNANT NOR ARE WE TRYING!!

=)

If you change your mind be sure to post a video and some pics here. :devil:

I've taken a few pee tests in my time, apparently I'm a 60 year-old post-menopausal woman with osteoporosis. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Here's a partial look.

Have a giggle:

bathroomcolour.jpg

sunplant.jpg

What else are ya gonna do...but the best under the circumstances.

Ha!

All I can think about when I look at that shower curtain is

"Meet George Jetson..."

:star:

Holy Pictures of Matchstick Men, all I can say is Mingusmellowtastic. :o I've seen this before, I think I was using paint thinner in an unventilated area at the time. :lol: Actually it looks like the opening of Rocky and Bullwinkle, it even has a sunflower. :lol:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

Timeline
I wouldn't do any illegal substances in that bathroom if I were you..

not that you do any....

=) but just in case!!!

I believe you, honestly I do. :innocent:

BTW, use some of those wonderful bug killers in your apartment without proper ventilation and you'll see all sorts of things. :lol: Seriously be careful, organophosphate poisoning sucks, been there done that. I was lucky, only got diaphoresis (excessive sweating). The same stuff that they use in nerve gas is the same stuff that is used in insecticides. Kind of makes you think, doesn't it.

IR5

Mumsie, you are sick sick man.

I love it! :thumbs:

If any of you find yourselves in the Chicago area, do come by for a grand tour of the facilities.

You will be required to wear dark sunglasses before entering. B)

I'm not quite done with it yet.

Oh yeah, and some bubble making apparatus!

:star:

Edited by SpiritAlight

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

argh, hubby's new job isn't looking so rosy... he thinks he might be getting fired... :unsure:

I guess they fired another guy they hired recently because the guy lied on his resume and he didn't pass his drug test so now the boss has turned his attention to my hubby.. (the boss isn't actually the guy who interviewed him)... hubby thinks the owner is wondering why they hired him when he doesn't have a lot of experience... thing is they knew that off the bat and said they would give him about a months training but now they are hinting around that they are going to send him out on his own soon, hubby thinks today...

it seems like they expect him to be an expert after only 2 weeks :wacko::blink:

my hubby has been super excited about this job but all last night and this morning he was so unhappy :(

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

argh, hubby's new job isn't looking so rosy... he thinks he might be getting fired... :unsure:

I guess they fired another guy they hired recently because the guy lied on his resume and he didn't pass his drug test so now the boss has turned his attention to my hubby.. (the boss isn't actually the guy who interviewed him)... hubby thinks the owner is wondering why they hired him when he doesn't have a lot of experience... thing is they knew that off the bat and said they would give him about a months training but now they are hinting around that they are going to send him out on his own soon, hubby thinks today...

my hubby has been super excited about this job but all last night and this morning he was so unhappy :(

Awww that sucks!

Sorry to hear about this MarilynP.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

thanks guys and gals....

on Wednesday they called hubby up and told him to not to come into work because everyone was out on service calls already.. he did work yesterday and today they called him again and told him not to come in because of the weather and they said everyone was out on service calls already... :unsure:

what really sucks is that we are going to be a couple hundred dollars short on our next pay check.

they just need to come out and say if they want to keep him around or not so he can look for something else...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

honey, I think you should throw his resume out there again now anyway

I hate companies that are run by spineless twits!

they've got 3 months to bullsh!t him around, I'm sure.. so maybe hubby should get out sooner than later if they're behaving so juvenile. Think about what if they yanked his chain for another 2 more months to eventually fire him and buy then, you two would be in a very bad financial place..

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Timeline

we are already in a semi-bad financial state :unsure: and this isn't helping.... yeah maybe I will suggest to my hubby that he should look around for another job...

he was so thrilled to get this job... I feel so bad for him....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

That really, really sucks. :( I'm sorry this is happening to the two of you. Réjean just went through this recently, which is one of the many reasons why I came here so distraught the other night.

08/25/06 - 08/08/07 - K1 timeframe from mailing the petition to the NSC to K1 approval at the Montréal Consulate

08/31/07 - Réjean makes the big move to the USA

09/22/07 - MARRIED!

10/09/07 - Réjean gets his SSN

Adjustment of status:

10/26/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/07 - Biometrics appointment

12/14/07 - I-485 transferred to the California Service Center

12/28/07 - EAD approved!

01/07/08 - EAD received

02/08/08 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!!!!

02/16/08 - Green card received!

*headdesk*:

01/02/09 - Réjean loses his wallet containing his drivers license, Social Security card, and green card

02/04/09 - Our best friends bail us out by giving us the money to file for the replacement green card!

02/12/09 - E-filed I-90 for the replacement green card along with the $370 filing fee (including biometrics)

02/19/09 - NOA1

02/25/09 - Biometrics appointment

05/01/09 - Replacement green card received

Removal of conditions:

01/07/10: Mailed I-751 packet by overnight mail to the CSC

01/11/10: I-751 packet delivered and signed for

01/19/10: Received NOA1

01/28/10: Biometrics (did walk-in due to Réjean being out on the road on original date of 02/10/10)

02/03/10: APPROVED!!!

02/05/10: Received e-mail from USCIS saying the card production has been ordered

02/06/10: Received letter typed on plain paper from USCIS congratulating Réjean on his removal of conditions approval

02/11/10: Green card received

The longer he stays there, the unhappier he'll continue to be and the more uncertain you will be financially..

I think he should start looking immediately. He deserves to work for someone who wants him to come to work.. and he should be happy waking up to it every morning..

Your job is a huge part of your day to day happiness and too many people get stuck in jobs they hate, where their bosses treat them like ####### and behave like the employees should be innately honored by management for letting them work there

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

I have a lot to vent about. This may or may not be split up into different posts; I don't know yet. This is long.

I guess I'll start at the beginning...

I have a lot of disabilities. I'm autistic (high-functioning), I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, severe depression (which was in remission before all this ####### started happening), other mental issues (condensed for the sake of brevity), a back deformity that has the capability of causing me so much pain that I can't even walk, and some mystery joint pain in my fingers which makes using my right hand very painful (a couple of doctors are giving me conflicting diagnoses regarding that). Despite all of this, I had worked in my current job doing Medicare customer service for almost a year... until this past March.

I was doing ok at work for the most part until they started training me to do other things. The stress of this combined with my disabilities and the fact that they would make no accommodations whatsoever for me even though they could have led to me having a series of breakdowns until I finally had a massive one that has rendered me completely unable to work. So far, these two months off have been unpaid. My short-term disability claim has not gone through yet, and part of me doubts that it will be approved, anyway.

Only a few days before this final breakdown happened, Réjean got his first job here in the USA. It was a WONDERFUL job that he enjoyed very much and that paid well. Well enough to where it was enough to pay the bills and have a little left over despite me not working. Not long after he got this job, though, his car's transmission went out. He had bought this car with last year's Canada tax return for $800 off of Craigslist (never, ever again), and it didn't even last a month. Because of this, we had to finance a car in order for us to even be able to get another one because we had no money saved up to buy another one outright. This has resulted in an extra $280 or so a month in expenses (including the additional insurance). At that point, we were barely making it...

Then Réjean got fired.

It was very unexpected. We thought everything was going great. The employer's reason for letting him go was that he "didn't have the skills they needed". What the hell; he's been a woodworker for 16 years and can do the job from start to finish! The only exception to this was that he has never done residential woodworking before, only commercial. But still, they knew this when they hired him! Couldn't they have at least given him a LITTLE training?

He managed to get another job only two days later... for $8/hour. For the past three weeks or so, both of us has been living on $8 an hour. We've missed two bills already and rent is due no later than the 5th of the month.

This is why I had such issues the other night. Nothing was progressing. We were still waiting on our economic stimulus check or my tax return so that we could pay rent, still waiting on employers that Réjean has interviewed with to get a better job, still waiting on a lot of things to come through to make our situation better. Plus my car requires about $500 worth of repairs or more that there's no way we can afford at this point.

Just yesterday, Réjean got an offer for that better job. It pays less than his original one, but it is better than $8/hour and is a little bit closer. Plus it deals with commercial woodworking instead of residential. I also got a call from my new Vocational Rehabilitation counselor and got an appointment set up for June 3rd to help get me back into the system to get some job assistance, and just today, we got my US tax return so we can pay rent. Things are FINALLY starting to look up.

Still upset about my disabilities, though... but that's a rant for another time.

Edited by Necrotica

08/25/06 - 08/08/07 - K1 timeframe from mailing the petition to the NSC to K1 approval at the Montréal Consulate

08/31/07 - Réjean makes the big move to the USA

09/22/07 - MARRIED!

10/09/07 - Réjean gets his SSN

Adjustment of status:

10/26/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/07 - Biometrics appointment

12/14/07 - I-485 transferred to the California Service Center

12/28/07 - EAD approved!

01/07/08 - EAD received

02/08/08 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!!!!

02/16/08 - Green card received!

*headdesk*:

01/02/09 - Réjean loses his wallet containing his drivers license, Social Security card, and green card

02/04/09 - Our best friends bail us out by giving us the money to file for the replacement green card!

02/12/09 - E-filed I-90 for the replacement green card along with the $370 filing fee (including biometrics)

02/19/09 - NOA1

02/25/09 - Biometrics appointment

05/01/09 - Replacement green card received

Removal of conditions:

01/07/10: Mailed I-751 packet by overnight mail to the CSC

01/11/10: I-751 packet delivered and signed for

01/19/10: Received NOA1

01/28/10: Biometrics (did walk-in due to Réjean being out on the road on original date of 02/10/10)

02/03/10: APPROVED!!!

02/05/10: Received e-mail from USCIS saying the card production has been ordered

02/06/10: Received letter typed on plain paper from USCIS congratulating Réjean on his removal of conditions approval

02/11/10: Green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.