bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The only med I stopped taking was aspirin and that would not have caused a stroke. The doc thinks that if wasn’t a stroke it may have been an interaction between Zyban and Oxycodone a narcotic pain killer. Yet the symptoms were those of a stroke which the pharmacist said could not be caused by the meds yet the symptoms are still to a point problematic 6 days later. The Zyban I had been taking for a month and the oxycodone I only took at 6 pm and again 6 hour later and not again.

Thanks to all of for the concerns, thought and support for the two of us, it is truely appreciated. Sorry to drop you like this I will try and have a better reply tommorrow.

Ron

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

09/22/2006 - Received at NSC
09/28/2006 - NOA-1 (1-797C date )

10/02/2006 - Cheque cashed

10/02/2006 - NOA 1 (I-797C recieved in the mail)

12/08/2006 - NOA-2 in 79 days

12/13/2006 - NOA-2 hard copy recieved

12/26/2006 - Package recieved by NVC

12/30/2006 - Received by Montreal

01/22/2007 - Received Packet 3

04/16/2007 - Returned Packet 3

08/02/2007 - Received medical documentation

08/07/2007 - Received Interview date Aug. 9th

08/09/2007 - Received I-601 and 212 (not approved yet)

02/17/2008 - I-601 approved 212 abandoned

06/2?/2009 - New medical and passport and doc sent to Mtl

07/22/2009 - Recieved request for DS-221 and notarized letter of intent

07/31/2009 - Montreal recieves thier final requested doc.

09/01/2009 - Visa approved and mail out today

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Didn't want to start a new topic and didn't know where would be the best place here or in off topic, I hope is fine.

Just a wee bit pissed off

We aren't near to being done and my sweetheart is now working less than half days after spending over 20 days on stress related leave which has been a long time coming.

My doctor thinks I may have had a stroke or bad reaction to my medications, the pharmacist says that the medication should not cause stoke symptoms so now we're waiting for test result. What sucks is that neither one of us can be with the other for support and comfort we what and need.

P.S. I truely enjoy reading everything being posted, just unable to write competent replies. Sorry, I don't know how you folks keep shining so brightly but I love it and you all.

Gotta go before I start crying, bye

Ron

Just to add to what Len so eloquently posted, Ron, anytime you want to post, please do so. You are never out of place and your the details of your travails are never an imposition, especially since you have dealt with more than most of us will ever know. (L) I feel for your loneliness and your current health scare, if you need any support at this trying time, there are many broad shoulders and warm hearts here that will help bear your burden. I know it would be much better if Sharon was there with you but if it's any consolation any of us would be honoured if you sent a PM with a number where you can be contacted, if you'd like a discuss anything. If I was in Ottawa I'd be there in a heartbeat as anyone else who is familiar with your story would no doubt also be. If you feel like crying, by all means let it out, each of us is crying in our hearts for you. (L) You will be in more than a few supplications tonight. :thumbs:

Peace, Love and Strength to you always. (L)(L)(L)

Dear Ron,

As Mumsie so lovingly said...well I would have written the same thing if I were him (hee hee)....and as Len said...we all feel the same way I'm certain.

You could sure use a huge (hug) support team.

So sorry to read what is going on for you and Sharon.

Really and truly.

Even though it may the last thing wither of you have energy for, try to do something even for 15 minutes that you really like to do.

It could just be as simple as eating your favourite ice cream or a long distance call to a great friend.

If you need any of our (my) phone numbers, just PM!

Lots of love & light to you.

(F)(F)(L)(F)(F)

:star:

As for the restaya, I am going to vent that I miss this place!

Looking forward to getting back North in a way if for nothing more to have some more connection with all of you.

I will be driving the Sky (with the top down) tomorrow.

(I just love saying that.)

Vroom vroom! B)

Len, you hot passionate woman, take a deep breath and do not allow external situations to drive you so crazy.

See if there is anything you can laugh at about it.

And if you cannot, I suggest you bring bubbles to work and each time you even feel a hint of frustration or anger, break them out!

Who cannot feel better with bubbles around them??

:D

Works for Michael Jackson. :lol:

Ron, as Spirit said do try to take your mind off your troubles by doing something you like or take a long walk. :thumbs:

Spirit we miss ya too, enjoy your top-down motoring. :thumbs: I claim dibs as your first passenger when you get your new Corvette. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Timeline
The only med I stopped taking was aspirin and that would not have caused a stroke. The doc thinks that if wasn’t a stroke it may have been an interaction between Zyban and Oxycodone a narcotic pain killer. Yet the symptoms were those of a stroke which the pharmacist said could not be caused by the meds yet the symptoms are still to a point problematic 6 days later. The Zyban I had been taking for a month and the oxycodone I only took at 6 pm and again 6 hour later and not again.

Thanks to all of for the concerns, thought and support for the two of us, it is truely appreciated. Sorry to drop you like this I will try and have a better reply tommorrow.

Ron

Ron my dear,

You can "drop" on us anything you like whenever you like. You know you are loved -and so is Sharon- in this forum. Please, please, please take good care of yourself friend.

Timeline
The only med I stopped taking was aspirin and that would not have caused a stroke. The doc thinks that if wasn't a stroke it may have been an interaction between Zyban and Oxycodone a narcotic pain killer. Yet the symptoms were those of a stroke which the pharmacist said could not be caused by the meds yet the symptoms are still to a point problematic 6 days later. The Zyban I had been taking for a month and the oxycodone I only took at 6 pm and again 6 hour later and not again.

Ron

Ron you poor, poor man. Aspirin helps with preventing or limiting strokes but it depends on how long ago you stopped taking it. Zyban and Oxycodone are a huge no-no especially if your are diabetic and are being treated with oral medication or insulin or are taking anti-depression medications. The threshold to initiate seizures is lowered. You probably had a seizure but may have also had a stroke. Most docs won't prescribe the two of them at the same time if there are any risk factors (seizures, history of head trauma, hepatic issues) for the patient or there is a family history. I've got my fingers crossed that this is just a temporary condition that will resolve itself. (F)

Write when you can or feel up to it. (L)

IR5

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Alright, so we've been in the NVC process since the middle of March. Just waiting for the DS-230 to arrive. However, after 3 calls to USCIS and senator assistance, I just got an email in my inbox:

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On May 15, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

We must be really screwing with the stats. I am sure we'll have to send a thank you note to the Senator's office for tracking down a copy of the approval letter for us.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

Did I mention Day 200 ?!?!?! :crying:

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

Ron, here's hoping that you're feeling much better today, and that test results come back indicating just a bad reaction. Not that THAT isn't bad...but you know what I mean. The net is a funny thing. We all love and care about you and Sharon, and hope you can feel our virtual hugs. I know I personally if I could, I would be giving you a real one if I was there. Never...never...EVER feel you're intruding on us. You're a part of who we are...always will be. Spend the weekend taking care of YOU. We love you!

Spirit...safe travels back to IL.

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Did I mention Day 200 ?!?!?! :crying:

I'm adding you to my aunt's prayer circle. I don't pray so I'm not much help, but I can network on your behalf. I'll also get my peeps who believe in The Secret bs to visualize your approval.

Timeline

I know now why I posted here, the people are the best there is, so much love, passion, compassion and knowledge that make everything easier for us to handle what comes our way.

Len and Bren

You are always there with just the right words Sharon, said to thank everyone because it is nice for me to have some other than just her to talk to so I don't feel as if I am burdening her, which she I am not doing

My ailment just happened at the wrong time for Sharon since she just now barely recovering from her own illness and this the last thing she needs on top of everything else. Just knowing that there are so many to be counted on for support and letting me bend their ear from time to time is something that is irreplaceable to us.

Thank you very much for the support and the prayers, they are appreciated and much more.

Ron

Mumsie

Everyone here has been eloquent in their posts and it is inspiring and comforting to know that even though unknown to others they can have such comfort, love and passion, compassion and everything wonderful to share with us.

I think we have all dealt with the same thing here we may spent more time at it than other as far as the journey ours as your long and frustrating yet sharon and know that the last 605 day were well worth what the next ??? days well bring us. We have been lucky to have been together last September even though the circumstance was not the best then. I know very well that there are broad shoulders here this is not the first time nor I fear will it the last time that we have been carried by many through a difficult time and was just as much appreciated then as it is now by the older members that know and younger members as yourself who may not know the whole story but still are willing to be by our side with much love and support. Sharon is here with me, we are always together just not physically, our hugs are the same as those we get from you and other here which make life more pleasant than it would be. Giving my phone number would be a good idea if there was time but as it is the time spent at home is spent talk with Sharon which handsfree allows us to do as we do other thing until it is time to say goodnight. All this support and attention is quit overwhelming and appreciated and a bit difficult to reply to properly without getting lost and missing something or someone.

Thank you very much for the offer, words and the time spent replying to my post, it is truly appreciated.

Ron

SpiritALight

Sharon and I both appreciate what everyone is expressing regarding us and our present situation, you can't imagine the feelings of being care about by others and having such a huge as you wrote support team willing to hug us with the support that you do. Sharon is getting better but having trouble sleeping and getting her energy level back where it should be, her being able to work a few hour is good for her as she get tired very quickly and need as much rest as possible. As for me today pain is back big time and until Tuesday no medication is allowed until we know what happened. This journey has drained both of us and the only pleasure we have is our time on the telephone morning, noon and at night when we watch our programs together. Thanks for the offer of the phone number but I think it would be better to write than talk since any free time I have is spent with my sweetheart.

I do hope that all is going well for you

Ron

Mumsie

Right now all I would like is being in Dodge City Kansas, but since I am here walking is the best thing for me to do for both my health and easing this pain.

Thanks

Ron

Len and Bren

I know that we are always welcome here and it is appreciated more than you will ever know. When thing get rough or tough being here the best thing in the world, and right now there no other place I would rather be. Funny thing is that taking of myself in what got me into this predicament in the first place, doing the right thing isn't always the right thing to do I guess.

Thanks a lot

Ron

Mumsie,

On Friday I had a minor operation and it on that day that I stopped using the aspirin as the doctor ordered because I would taking the Oxycodone for pain, there was no mention of stopping either the Zyban or the Crestor. The Ozycodone was to be take one or two pills every 4 hours if necessary and I took one at 6 pm then at midnight being unable to sleep I took 2 pills and was out like a light for the next 6 hours. Other than high cholesterol I have no medical problems or history as such other than broken bones, family history I'm not so sure of. I do think that whatever the problem was it is fixing itself as I am now in the 7th day since everything started starting to feel more like my old self, better vision, better breathing, the mind is able concentrate and the slurring is minimal and my writing is back to where I can read what I wrote. The pain is back but I rather have it than the prior feelings, I will see new doctor on Tuesday as mine is on holidays and see what they think might have happened. The oxycodone even though they did their job very well relieving the pain were returned to the pharmacy with a thank you but no thanks because of the side effects.

hanks

Ron

Edited by Ron/Sharon

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Was going to complain about my computer but after reading the recent posts seems pretty trivial now :whistle:

January 19, 2008 sent I129f to CSC

January 24, 2008 NOA1

June 3, 2008 TOUCH!!!

June 3, 2008 NOA2!!!!!

June 9, 2008 NVC received

June 10, 2008 mailed to Vancouver!!!

June 24, 2008 Packet 3 received!!!

July 3, 2008 Faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver

July 11, 2008 Medical

July 15, 2008 Packet 4 received(interview notice)

August 27, 2008 1pm INTERVIEW!!!!! APPROVED!!!!

September 14, 2008 POE Pembina, North Dakota YAY!!!!

November 1, 2008 Wedding!!!

AOS, EAD, AP

January 10, 2009 AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago lockbox

January 12, 2009 Received

January 22, 2009 NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

January 30, 2009 AOS transfered to CSC

March 16, 2009 AP touch

March 17, 2009 Biometrics

March 17, 2009 EAD card production ordered

March 17, 2009 AOS touch

March 18, 2009 AP received

March 25, 2009 EAD received (good for one year)

April 21, 2009 Email stating AOS approved!!!!!!

April 25, 2009 Card received

Timeline

Hi Carla

Things aren’t as perfect as they can be right now, pain and no pills, now that sucks big time. I also hope that the tests show the meds were incompatible so I can at least get something less strong until I return to the other meds if possible. A bad reaction right now would be good news so lets hope that is the problem and nothing else. How can those hugs not be felt there are so many that they would warm the coldest heart, thank you for sent what was and is need, I don’t know what Sharon would say if she knew I was hugging someone other than her but I do she would appreciate someone caring enough to do so in her absence. I feel disruptive at times when I post because like when I posted a day or two ago there was a theme going and interrupting a flow is not my favourite thing to do but this time it felt necessary to relieve the build-up. I’ll spend the weekend taking care of Sharon and she will take care of me.

I love you and everyone else here, and I hope everything is going as well as possible for everyone during the journey.

Take care of yourself and each other

Ron

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

Timeline
Was going to complain about my computer but after reading the recent posts seems pretty trivial now :whistle:

The topic is my dear and problems with your computer may be fixed with the help of someone here. there is nothing so trivial it can't or shouldn't be shared.

I how your problem fixes itself.

Ron

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The topic is my dear and problems with your computer may be fixed with the help of someone here. there is nothing so trivial it can't or shouldn't be shared.

Ron

Thank you. Got it fixed!! I read the latest posts and will be thinking of you and wishing the best to the both of you.

January 19, 2008 sent I129f to CSC

January 24, 2008 NOA1

June 3, 2008 TOUCH!!!

June 3, 2008 NOA2!!!!!

June 9, 2008 NVC received

June 10, 2008 mailed to Vancouver!!!

June 24, 2008 Packet 3 received!!!

July 3, 2008 Faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver

July 11, 2008 Medical

July 15, 2008 Packet 4 received(interview notice)

August 27, 2008 1pm INTERVIEW!!!!! APPROVED!!!!

September 14, 2008 POE Pembina, North Dakota YAY!!!!

November 1, 2008 Wedding!!!

AOS, EAD, AP

January 10, 2009 AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago lockbox

January 12, 2009 Received

January 22, 2009 NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

January 30, 2009 AOS transfered to CSC

March 16, 2009 AP touch

March 17, 2009 Biometrics

March 17, 2009 EAD card production ordered

March 17, 2009 AOS touch

March 18, 2009 AP received

March 25, 2009 EAD received (good for one year)

April 21, 2009 Email stating AOS approved!!!!!!

April 25, 2009 Card received

Timeline
Hi Carla

Things aren't as perfect as they can be right now, pain and no pills, now that sucks big time. I also hope that the tests show the meds were incompatible so I can at least get something less strong until I return to the other meds if possible. A bad reaction right now would be good news so lets hope that is the problem and nothing else. How can those hugs not be felt there are so many that they would warm the coldest heart, thank you for sent what was and is need, I don't know what Sharon would say if she knew I was hugging someone other than her but I do she would appreciate someone caring enough to do so in her absence. I feel disruptive at times when I post because like when I posted a day or two ago there was a theme going and interrupting a flow is not my favourite thing to do but this time it felt necessary to relieve the build-up. I'll spend the weekend taking care of Sharon and she will take care of me.

[/size]

I love you and everyone else here, and I hope everything is going as well as possible for everyone during the journey.

Take care of yourself and each other

Ron

Class will out itself and you Sir are true class. :thumbs:

IR5

Timeline

Ron

Thank you. Got it fixed!! I read the latest posts and will be thinking of you and wishing the best to the both of you.

Glad it's working as it should. and thanks for the wishes.

Ron

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.