bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

people who gossip in the workplace about ####### they know nothing about need to grow the heck up :ranting:

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. A real hard core vent!!!!

Good that you got a new telefonito Lizeta. Now phone me. ;)

Sis, have you forgotten what is sounds like when I start bitching about something, that's hardly hard core. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
And now, the latest one I got was a werid error message about some backup assistant and the camera freezing

I hate when that happens, I mean you wait in the bushes all night for the lady of the house to get undressed....I mean when your buddies kid does somehting cute. :innocent: My brother had that phone and it was a POS. Liz that store employee was a real ######, no argument there, I'm kind of surprised that she doesn't work for a bank or the IRS. :lol: I think Len spoke to her sister, she works for Revenue Canada. :lol:

IR5

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have an issue with dogs with separation anxiety and retarded downstairs neighbors. This means I can't leave my dog home alone cause she's loud, but it also means that when I tried to leave her in the car today to go into a shop, she peed on the seat, in the NEW car! (Well, new to us anyhow.) ARGH! I need help! I don't know what to do with this dog anymore. I need to get her to realize she's okay on her own.

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

I would start by doing little really short trips away from your dog

like leave your apt for 20 seconds and stand in the hallway..

then a little longer...

also, give your dog a kong (filled with frozen treats and peanut butter) or something else he really likes.....

here's more tips I found online:

Here are some things you can do to help.

Try to make your arrivals and departures very boring and low-key. Don't make a big fuss over saying hello and goodbye. Be very casual and up-beat.

Try to make interactions with your dog on your terms, not his. You pet him, treat him, or play with him when you want, and not when he asks for it.

Get your dog used to your getting-ready-to-leave cues, like picking up keys and jacket. Go through these actions repeatedly during the time when you're staying home, without actually leaving. If your dog has already learned to associate his fears with your departure cues, it will take a lot of repetitions before the dog will get it.

Give your dog more exercise. A tired dog is a good dog! A dog can sleep most of the day if he's tired enough. Most young dogs could use 20-100 minutes of full-speed running per day. Increase your dog's exercise. Don't forget mental exercise, like training, exploring new places, encountering new smells, and social interaction with other dogs. Taking your dog to a park where he can run and play with others may be crucial. (Find dog parks around San Jose here.)

Give your dog something to do while you're gone! What does your dog do all day- wait around for you to come home? Give your dog a hobby. Jean Donaldson calls the solution to a lot of dog problems "work-to-eat" programs. Stuff a Kong or a hollow prepared bone, fill up a Buster Cube or Roll-A-Treat, scatter the dog's food in the grass or hide several chew treats around the house (see the Merchandise page for a description of some of these items). A dog that is working for goodies is not barking or chewing, and a dog that is eating is not as stressed!

Don't draw attention to forbidden objects just before leaving - in other words, don't straighten up or point out the items that you don't want the dog to chew. Your dog might misinterpret your attention and give those objects his attention just because of it. In a similar way, punishing your dog afterwards for destruction he's done will probably not help - it will not reduce your dog's anxiety, show him a better way to deal with it, or give him an alternative behavior. He might not even connect the punishment with the action he did to cause the destruction. (Don't confuse a dog's "appeasement display", developed to stop threats of aggression, with a "guilty look" that implies a promise that your dog won't do it again. See the Body Language pages for more information.)

Consider crating your dog. Some dogs are more comfortable when confined to a small "den". Make sure your dog can "hold it" for as long as you need him to, and provide plenty of exercise so that his main activity in the crate is sleeping. You might just want to consider leaving your dog in one room (rather than giving him the run of the house), and maybe leaving a radio on and an article of clothing that smells like you in the next room. Warning: Some dogs are a lot less comfortable confined to a crate when alone. Make sure your dog is comfortable and secure.

Consider taking your dog to doggie daycare or to a friend's house (or to work or on errands with you), so that he is not actually alone, while you train your dog to deal with being alone. Remember, dogs are pack animals that want to be with others; being a "lone wolf" can be dangerous in the wild, as well as lonely. Note that for many dogs who have bonded strongly with people, having another dog (or other pet) around will not be sufficient.

Edited by liz_legend 'n Ol
vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Timeline
Sigh.

The flight my mom and sister were supposed to be on this a.m. was canceled. Some type of problem with a battery that needed to be recharged. They sat and waited in the Edmonton airport for 4 hours until they could find out what other flight they will be on.

I have the new flight info and they will be arriving at 10:30 pm instead of the original 5:00 pm.

I'm happy they will still arrive today but the 5:00 was perfect- I'd go pick them up, it would still be sunny and light- we would stop by the house to see Cooper and drop off luggage and then go meet Mel at the University and then go to dinner.

That sucks. I just wonder if they remembered to fill the plane up with fuel or is service to Gimli part of the flight plan? :crying: A lousy battery kept the plane from lifting off, I can't believe they couldn't get one of these :bonk: :

0111567_450_CC_6fa65.jpg

IR5

Timeline
I have an issue with dogs with separation anxiety and retarded downstairs neighbors. This means I can't leave my dog home alone cause she's loud, but it also means that when I tried to leave her in the car today to go into a shop, she peed on the seat, in the NEW car! (Well, new to us anyhow.) ARGH! I need help! I don't know what to do with this dog anymore. I need to get her to realize she's okay on her own.

I suppose putting your neighbour in the trunk of the car is out of the question. :lol:

IR5

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

I am feeling very anit-U.S. government at the moment.

I just checked the irs.gov site for info on the stimulus rebate and I do see my specific info (they added a nice little feature here) but was worred when I could only load my data with 1 exemption when I actually filed with 3 (head of household, myself, and 1 dependent child). According to the site, the rebate heading my way is $300 which I found disturbing. I called the IRS and was informed that dependents who were 17 or older as of Dec 31, 2007 do not qualify. My son turned 17 in November 2007. I guess this means it is ok per the IRS to stop feeding him now.

I constantly wonder why I am amazed by stupidity even though I see it daily. You would think I would be immune by now.

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

Timeline
AAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!

I've spent almost my entire day trying to fix my computer. I inadvertently turned off the internet security settings and ended up with malware. Which pretty much brought me to a fricking screetching hault. What a waste of a day. :angry:

Had that happen a while back, it was not fun. :crying: I feel for you. :thumbs:

IR5

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I killed my cellphone and my ishuffle because of a leak of some liquid stuff in my bag....

that sucks.... and it's all sticky now (it was some kind of a liquid aloe vera dessert...sticky equivalent as if i would have put coke in there).....dumb dumb... dumb

Removal of conditions

01.11.2011 Remove conditions GC I-751 ($590)

01.18.2011 NOA1

02.24.2011 Biometric

03.25.2011 Approved

03.28.2011 Notice sent

03.31.2011 Received new green card (and it's green !)

AOS/EAD/AP from K1

07.23.2008 Send AOS/EAD/AP

07.29.2008 Check cashed

08.01.2008 NOA1

08.08.2008 Biometric Notice received

08.21.2008 Biometric Appointment

09.22.2008 Approval notice sent for AP (CRIS email)

09.22.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email)

09.25.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email) and a couple of touch since (last one 09.30.2008)

09.27.2008 Reception AP

10.02.2008 EAD Received

02.23.2009 Notice for interview (1.5 month late compared to LA statistics)

03.16.2009 AOS Touch

04.01.2009 Interview in LA  // Approved 

04.06.2009 Welcome to the USA Letter

04.13.2009 Reception GC

Naturalization
06/2016 Request
03/2017 Interview

Almost at the end !

Sigh.

The flight my mom and sister were supposed to be on this a.m. was canceled. Some type of problem with a battery that needed to be recharged. They sat and waited in the Edmonton airport for 4 hours until they could find out what other flight they will be on.

I have the new flight info and they will be arriving at 10:30 pm instead of the original 5:00 pm.

I'm happy they will still arrive today but the 5:00 was perfect- I'd go pick them up, it would still be sunny and light- we would stop by the house to see Cooper and drop off luggage and then go meet Mel at the University and then go to dinner.

Awwwww ..... well, have a nice glass of wine while you wait for them ... the time will go by faster.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Sigh.

Awwwww ..... well, have a nice glass of wine while you wait for them ... the time will go by faster.

One glass turns into the whole bottle. :)

Sigh.

One glass turns into the whole bottle. :)

Get Mel to drive and drink the whole dang bottle!!! After all, you have to have a drink for me :)

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.