bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
cattattude - at the very least you gave the cab driver a good story for his friends - blah blah blah, drunk as a skunk, no 'disability' that I could see and when I asked her she said 'that i'm drunk' blah blah blah :lol:

TOTALLY! :rofl: And then they'll post on an immigration OT forum that they absolutely know that drunk people can get workman's comp and that's why the world is falling apart and Obama shouldn't be President.

So. While I'm in the vent thread, I'd like to vent.

Stupid freaking Comcast. Stupid service went down again as soon as I made my last post about 1-2 hours ago. I see I still remained logged in to VJ though. :rolleyes:

Hahahahaha - yes I can see the OT topic right now - the downfall of society blah blah blah

Oh my, this is too funny :rofl:

And don't forget to add that it is those darn Mexicans illegals who are ALWAYS drunk, ALWAYS on welfare that will vote for Obama and make this country go to the cr@pper. :whistle:

You know... I was trying to find a way to work in the Mexican illegals but I couldn't. Thanks Len. :lol:

iagree.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
cattattude - at the very least you gave the cab driver a good story for his friends - blah blah blah, drunk as a skunk, no 'disability' that I could see and when I asked her she said 'that i'm drunk' blah blah blah :lol:

TOTALLY! :rofl: And then they'll post on an immigration OT forum that they absolutely know that drunk people can get workman's comp and that's why the world is falling apart and Obama shouldn't be President.

So. While I'm in the vent thread, I'd like to vent.

Stupid freaking Comcast. Stupid service went down again as soon as I made my last post about 1-2 hours ago. I see I still remained logged in to VJ though. :rolleyes:

Hahahahaha - yes I can see the OT topic right now - the downfall of society blah blah blah

Oh my, this is too funny :rofl:

And don't forget to add that it is those darn Mexicans illegals who are ALWAYS drunk, ALWAYS on welfare that will vote for Obama and make this country go to the cr@pper. :whistle:

Sis, those weren't Mexicans, they were sunburned Canadians. :lol: Vacance aux Etats Unis indeed. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

I have my own view on illegal aliens, Mexican or otherwise, that I shall not recount here. However, I do have a story revolving around Obama and the other presidential candidates.

One time when I visited Canada I needed to take a taxi from the airport to my wife's apartment (she was my fiancee then) and when the cab driver found out I was American, he started chatting me up about U.S. politics. Normally, I'm very talkative, especially when it comes to political issues. However, I'd just flown from Texas up to Canada (went through security twice since I took Air Canada and WestJet and customs once) so I was a little tired.

I didn't really feel like discussing a topic that I was already bombarded with in the U.S., not to mention the cab driver had a very poor grasp of American politics, but he didn't realize this and believed he was some sort of scholar in "international relations." I'm sure he's driven lots of people from all different places, but that doesn't make him an expert on American politics anymore than my marrying a Canadian makes me an expert on Canadian politics. Needless to say, that was a very long cab ride...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I have my own view on illegal aliens, Mexican or otherwise, that I shall not recount here. However, I do have a story revolving around Obama and the other presidential candidates.

One time when I visited Canada I needed to take a taxi from the airport to my wife's apartment (she was my fiancee then) and when the cab driver found out I was American, he started chatting me up about U.S. politics. Normally, I'm very talkative, especially when it comes to political issues. However, I'd just flown from Texas up to Canada (went through security twice since I took Air Canada and WestJet and customs once) so I was a little tired.

I didn't really feel like discussing a topic that I was already bombarded with in the U.S., not to mention the cab driver had a very poor grasp of American politics, but he didn't realize this and believed he was some sort of scholar in "international relations." I'm sure he's driven lots of people from all different places, but that doesn't make him an expert on American politics anymore than my marrying a Canadian makes me an expert on Canadian politics. Needless to say, that was a very long cab ride...

Hehehehe, well my cabbie was no expert on disability studies thats for sure. Maybe it was the same one?! :blink:

So I was lent a really good book yesterday: What Got You Here, Won't Get You There.

Basically it is a book on business execs (etc) and how to become even more successful by becoming aware of your shortcomings and how to "fix" them.

And it is deeper than that if you are accustomed to reading spiritual-type books and self-development shtuff.

My point (yes I do digress...):

The author wrote this: "...the most realistic people in our society are the chronically depressed."

A smack across the head, I tell ya!

Thanks again for being there, all of you most darling VJers!!

(F) (F) (L)(F) (F)

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
So I was lent a really good book yesterday: What Got You Here, Won't Get You There.

Basically it is a book on business execs (etc) and how to become even more successful by becoming aware of your shortcomings and how to "fix" them.

And it is deeper than that if you are accustomed to reading spiritual-type books and self-development shtuff.

The author wrote this: "...the most realistic people in our society are the chronically depressed."

(F)(F)(L)(F)(F)

Hi SA,

The most interesting books about depression that caught my eye was ,"The irritable male syndrome"by Jed diamond.

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/9-23-2004-59641.asp

Its amazing to know how much of population doesn't even know about depression.

:innocent:

glitterfy083201226D34.gifglitterfy083450173D31.gif

Timeline

(F)(F)(L)(F)(F)

We'll always be here for you. :thumbs:(L) I think that people who see things for what they are get depressed because they understand "what might have been" in concrete terms and they mourn the time and opportunities lost not just in their own existence but in those of others. Sometimes thinking about it gets in the way of living it. It doesn't necessarily mean that heeding the clarion call of reality is necessarily a bad thing, it's just that realism frequently becomes a euphemism for negativity. "I can't do it," is the seed of all great failures.

IR5

(F)(F)(L)(F)(F)

Hi SA,

The most interesting books about depression that caught my eye was ,"The irritable male syndrome"by Jed diamond.

Indeed people would much rather not know about depression. "Think happy thoughts" alongisde the "oh man, why don't you just cheer up?" are my favorite stupid lines.. as if that was going to make illness go away... :angry: I usually tell them: "well, next time you have diarrhea, think non-poopy thoughts and see how it just goes away" :angry: or tell a cancer patient "well, if you were REALLY a positive thinker and prayed real real hard, cancer would just go away". Not likely.

End of vent.

Timeline

(F)(F)(L)(F)(F)

Hi SA,

Indeed people would much rather not know about depression. "Think happy thoughts" alongisde the "oh man, why don't you just cheer up?" are my favorite stupid lines.. as if that was going to make illness go away... :angry: I usually tell them: "well, next time you have diarrhea, think non-poopy thoughts and see how it just goes away" :angry: or tell a cancer patient "well, if you were REALLY a positive thinker and prayed real real hard, cancer would just go away". Not likely.

End of vent.

People are afraid of what they don't understand. Clinical Depression (not just feeling lousy from time to time) is a very serious medical condition. Unfortunately there isn't some procedure or surgery that will make it go away. Modern medicine may have all manner of panaceas but there isn't a universal cure-all for depression. People, even many medicos, see the broken leg, they don't see the thought processes or the nightmarish world of clinical depression. My heart goes out to those individuals who are so afflicted. (L)

IR5

Wow, I had to do A LOT of reading to catch up here :)

Spirit - hope things get better for you, sending love across the Internet.

Cattatude - I was about to pee my pants from laughing so hard (although that is really easy for me to do now that the baby lives on my bladder).

Amy - Sounds like your neighbor is nuts ... hopefully the management also recognizes that and can help you deal with her.

Cassie - OT is EVIL, EVIL I say!!! We all get spoiled here with the sweet Canadians and then when we venture outside of this forum, it is scary! I really only go to OT to post in Baby Corner. There, everyone is nice and understanding.

Mumsie and others - nicely said about the clinical depression issue. Some of my clients have such a hard time accepting it is a medical condition and may need medication (medication combined with talk therapy can be extremely beneficial) ... because there are people around who tell them, "oh it is all in your head". Yes, it IS in your head, that is, brain chemistry and serotonin levels and such, making it a PHYSICAL medical problem.

BTW, the Blazer is fixed. It is a '96. We REALLY can't afford to buy a new vehicle, so cross fingers that it stays fixed.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

well, finally got back here to the US, finally got my luggage that AA managed to misplace, and I am kinda sad. every time I go home to Canada, so many things change. I don't feel totally at home here, but I am starting to not feel at home there either.......I hate this kind of limbo. :(

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline
well, finally got back here to the US, finally got my luggage that AA managed to misplace, and I am kinda sad. every time I go home to Canada, so many things change. I don't feel totally at home here, but I am starting to not feel at home there either.......I hate this kind of limbo. :(

It's just sentimentality and nostalgia. I feel that way whenever I go away.

IR5

[

End of vent.

People are afraid of what they don't understand. Clinical Depression (not just feeling lousy from time to time) is a very serious medical condition. Unfortunately there isn't some procedure or surgery that will make it go away. Modern medicine may have all manner of panaceas but there isn't a universal cure-all for depression. People, even many medicos, see the broken leg, they don't see the thought processes or the nightmarish world of clinical depression. My heart goes out to those individuals who are so afflicted. (L)

I know that bro, and it counts millions in our Len and Bren hall of fame. We :wub: you.

#######... did I just admit in public that I love my brother???? ####### IS WRONG WITH ME GOD????????? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Timeline
[

End of vent.

I know that bro, and it counts millions in our Len and Bren hall of fame. We :wub: you.

#######... did I just admit in public that I love my brother???? ####### IS WRONG WITH ME GOD????????? :blink::blink::blink:

You read too many Judy Blume novels as a kid? :lol:

Seriously I'm very fond of you too Sis (L) , now knock it off you're embarrassing me in front of the guys. :lol:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.