bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Well, I am officially sick to death of the Off Topic Forum. It's either politics or racism or people making sexual innuendoes at each other. I've decided to stay out of it for the sake of my mental health. Guess I won't be on here as much anymore. LOL

I hate it too.

Some of the topics are so horrible and so are some of the people.

Bleh :angry:

Why, oh why do I respond to some of the ####### in OT????? :angry: :angry:

/end vent

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Well, I am officially sick to death of the Off Topic Forum. It's either politics or racism or people making sexual innuendoes at each other. I've decided to stay out of it for the sake of my mental health. Guess I won't be on here as much anymore. LOL

I hate it too.

Some of the topics are so horrible and so are some of the people.

Bleh :angry:

Why, oh why do I respond to some of the ####### in OT????? :angry: :angry:

/end vent

Because let's face it Cassie.... it's kind of addictive (that goes for me, too)

may 10 to 18th =)

you?

May 10th to the 19th. I'm arriving at 10:15am. OMG!!!!! I'm changing planes at Baltimore at 9:10am! ARE YOU ON THAT FLIGHT?!!! :o

-----------------------------------

SpiritA: I'm sorry things are so chaotic right now..

take lots of naps and visit the malls

Helps me =)

Yes, Spirit. Don't let people give you that "things get better with time" BS. It's shopping. Things get better with shopping.

Hahaha!

You must know how anti-consumerism I am...

Although....

that snazzy iPhone would make me smile. :D

Blazer as in coat?

As in Chevy :hehe:

Sorry about your vehicle Autumn! Hopefully the mechanic is a nice and fair person and will fix it up without any hassle!

Spirit, i'm sorry to hear you are having a hard time right now.

Thanks Trailmix.

I'm sorry not to have had the time to follow how things are going for you in your new home.

I hope all is going smoothly.

:star:

My husband's Blazer broke down AGAIN!!! We just got it back from the shop LAST WEEK and paid $900 to fix it. GRRRR!!!! My biggest stress is that I fear that I will need to be the one who advocates with the shop and makes sure we don't get screwed (hubby is just TOO nice and laidback sometimes, he is not good at dealing with conflict) .... and I honestly don't have the mental energy at this point to have to deal.

Those hippy tree hugging BC'ers just don't have enough Canadian rage in them.

Bahaha!

HEY!!!

Wait a minute; I've been called that.

I hope your Blazer keeps on blazin' without any more visits to your wallet for a while.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
they're mean and not so smart in there =)

Hey! I'm smart. :angry:

That's debatable. :lol: Seriously you only go to the OT because you love to fight, you're addicted to it. I think a great many otherwise sane folks are too. I'm not but then again, I'm not sane. :devil:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
may 10 to 18th =)

you?

May 10th to the 19th. I'm arriving at 10:15am. OMG!!!!! I'm changing planes at Baltimore at 9:10am! ARE YOU ON THAT FLIGHT?!!! :o

-----------------------------------

SpiritA: I'm sorry things are so chaotic right now..

take lots of naps and visit the malls

Helps me =)

Yes, Spirit. Don't let people give you that "things get better with time" BS. It's shopping. Things get better with shopping.

Hahaha!

You must know how anti-consumerism I am...

Although....

that snazzy iPhone would make me smile. :D

Blazer as in coat?

As in Chevy :hehe:

Sorry about your vehicle Autumn! Hopefully the mechanic is a nice and fair person and will fix it up without any hassle!

Spirit, i'm sorry to hear you are having a hard time right now.

Thanks Trailmix.

I'm sorry not to have had the time to follow how things are going for you in your new home.

I hope all is going smoothly.

My husband's Blazer broke down AGAIN!!! We just got it back from the shop LAST WEEK and paid $900 to fix it. GRRRR!!!! My biggest stress is that I fear that I will need to be the one who advocates with the shop and makes sure we don't get screwed (hubby is just TOO nice and laidback sometimes, he is not good at dealing with conflict) .... and I honestly don't have the mental energy at this point to have to deal.

Those hippy tree hugging BC'ers just don't have enough Canadian rage in them.

Bahaha!

HEY!!!

Wait a minute; I've been called that.

I hope your Blazer keeps on blazin' without any more visits to your wallet for a while.

Hear, hear. :thumbs: Just how old is this Blazer? I'm a bit of a tree hugger but I have enough rage in me for everyone on VJ and most of the internet. :devil: Things get better with shopping only if everything is 50% off. :thumbs:

Time is the greatest thief of all, it takes away everything, even the hurt.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

my bad:

anti-consumeristic, not anti-consumerism

oops!

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

Spirit very sorry to hear things are going so awful right now, this too will pass. My hubby and I had a few good ones about 6 months after I got here and I too said I was thinking it was best I move back home (problems originated with step son's gf who was living here and she didn't seem to be liking me much). Hang in there as I am sure things can really only get better again for the two of you once this current crisis is over. And of course we are all here to listen if you need to vent.

Krikit and Liz so cool on the trips home, I wish I could have partaken but alas can't travel yet besides saving for a trip with my family at Christmas. It really is too bad that you two won't be at the airport at the same time that would be so cool for sure.

Thanks Leafgal. I am certainly happy to know you are all here.

We are here for eachother, that is a fact.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I am not thinking that I will truly leave; It felt like a good release just to say it.

I'm not done torturing him yet. :devil:

(hee, hee)

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay, so I've been here in Boise for two days now and I've already had a run in with the crazy lady downstairs. Why is she crazy you ask? WELL....soon to be hubby has been having a problem with her for awhile. She bangs on the ceiling for no reason. She seems to think that he creates a lot of noise, especially in the middle of the night when he's sleeping. He's received these complaints from the rental office and they're totally bogus. So, I get here and I have to be SUPER quiet, like watch how loud I WALK quiet. I've been doing my best. Now this afternoon I'm standing at my kitchen sink, getting dinner ready when I suddenly hear banging. It's HER, banging on the ceiling. So I'm thinking to myself, what the heck? I've had the tv on for the last 2 hours and she hasn't been banging, and all of a sudden I run the water for a bit and it's an issue? SERIOUSLY? OMG it's already driving me crazy. What's her problem? ARGH!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I haven't even been to OT in about 2 months (I think..)

I haven't been there for a while either, but had to go see where Cassie posted!! :lol:

I used the word shite, and my word, did that ever feel good. LOL

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Okay, so I've been here in Boise for two days now and I've already had a run in with the crazy lady downstairs. Why is she crazy you ask? WELL....soon to be hubby has been having a problem with her for awhile. She bangs on the ceiling for no reason. She seems to think that he creates a lot of noise, especially in the middle of the night when he's sleeping. He's received these complaints from the rental office and they're totally bogus. So, I get here and I have to be SUPER quiet, like watch how loud I WALK quiet. I've been doing my best. Now this afternoon I'm standing at my kitchen sink, getting dinner ready when I suddenly hear banging. It's HER, banging on the ceiling. So I'm thinking to myself, what the heck? I've had the tv on for the last 2 hours and she hasn't been banging, and all of a sudden I run the water for a bit and it's an issue? SERIOUSLY? OMG it's already driving me crazy. What's her problem? ARGH!

Why not have the management go into her apartment while you demonstrate your normal activity - turning on the water, walking, lying on the bed, etc. I wonder if the water pipes go past her apartment and she hears all of the water movement noise - and that is what is bugging her. It sounds to me like she really is unreasonable, but maybe someone has to go down to her apartment and 'hear' what she is hearing before they can tell her that.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.