bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ac is my friend!!! I use it a lot,lol

barton House--best apartment building I haver ever lived in!! They explained to me that with their furnace/AC system they could not just turn it back and forth, so once they made the swtich to AC,one had no heat,thus they had to be sure no cold weather was going to return,plus it was an $$$$$$ thing. I can just imagine what a company charges for that, when it cost me $260 for 5 min of work and most likely a $5 part (which they chargd $125,lol)

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Me and Mel got into a tiff last night. We were talking about this weekend and I reminded him we had to get our paperwork and stuff organized for our AOS interview on the 30th.

Well he starts going off into a tirade about the Government and this whole process and how we shouldn't be forced to have to prove ourselves to anyone except ourselves, blah blah blah.

He looks at the whole process as just a a pain in the a$$, another item on his already too big "to do" list.

He doesn't really understand how stressful this is for me.

"Your application was sent to the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation for review and their reply was as follow: Education program is not approved by the AVMA-Council on Education. Applicant cannot test at this time. Section 1505.10(a) (1)."

:( Now I am lost and I don't know what I am going to do. All these years in college worth JACK $HIT.

WELCOME TO AMERICA. :protest:

Awwww, I'm sorry Mephys. I hate that that has happened to you. When we first moved from England to Canada my parents' credentials were par for par. A few years later they changed the rules and my parents had to go back to university to be re-certified (my Mum's an RN and my Dad's an Engineer). It was a rough few years on them, lemme tell you. They were working full time (poor Mom coping with shifts), travelling to school in Toronto from Oakville to do their studies, and looking after us 3 kids. Not nice.

WHat pisses me off the most is that ALL ENGLISH CANADIAN colleges are CVMA accredited (Canadian Veterinary medicine association) and that in the US, the AVMA ( the us one) recognizes the CVMA colleges as an equivalent.

But odd enough, in Quebec the ONLY college that is CVMA accredited is the only English one. SO ####### is wrong with the French colleges ?? Hell, my degree is the same as my friend that went to that English college. Same title, same everything.

And odd enough, I had to register with both the state and the Exam board , and with the Exam board my college WAS in THEIR list. But the state is the one with the final answer and they jsut told me flat out that my college is not approved so they won't even look into my credentials.....

Anyways....I sent an e-mail to the lady from the Exam board and she will look into the IL board.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Me and Mel got into a tiff last night. We were talking about this weekend and I reminded him we had to get our paperwork and stuff organized for our AOS interview on the 30th.

Well he starts going off into a tirade about the Government and this whole process and how we shouldn't be forced to have to prove ourselves to anyone except ourselves, blah blah blah.

I'm pretty sure Oliver gave me that speech once before.. I think I snapped back to say that that is just the way it is right now and if he doesn't want me to move, I can happyily stop this process myself too.

Kept him quiet.

He still hates paperwork but knows that it's only worse to fight it.

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Ac is my friend!!! I use it a lot,lol

barton House--best apartment building I haver ever lived in!! They explained to me that with their furnace/AC system they could not just turn it back and forth, so once they made the swtich to AC,one had no heat,thus they had to be sure no cold weather was going to return,plus it was an $$$$$$ thing. I can just imagine what a company charges for that, when it cost me $260 for 5 min of work and most likely a $5 part (which they chargd $125,lol)

Yeah, it's a bit of a process. I had a relationship with a guy who was the facility manager for a large institution. People would complain all the time when there was a random hot day before summer kicked in. He would warn them that if he turned on the AC they would have no heat when the temp dropped back down. But they would swear up and down that it would be fine. When the cold temps came back and there was no heat, they would scream bloody murder. It was a no-win situation, and never will be.

He looks at the whole process as just a a pain in the a$$, another item on his already too big "to do" list.

He doesn't really understand how stressful this is for me.

Yeah, that was me. Having little I-hate-this-stupid-paperwork why-are-they-hassling-me tirades. It helps you get through the process. :lol:

WHat pisses me off the most is that ALL ENGLISH CANADIAN colleges are CVMA accredited (Canadian Veterinary medicine association) and that in the US, the AVMA ( the us one) recognizes the CVMA colleges as an equivalent.

But odd enough, in Quebec the ONLY college that is CVMA accredited is the only English one. SO ####### is wrong with the French colleges ?? Hell, my degree is the same as my friend that went to that English college. Same title, same everything.

And odd enough, I had to register with both the state and the Exam board , and with the Exam board my college WAS in THEIR list. But the state is the one with the final answer and they jsut told me flat out that my college is not approved so they won't even look into my credentials.....

Anyways....I sent an e-mail to the lady from the Exam board and she will look into the IL board.

Ugh. That totally sucks. I hope the lady from the exam board is successful in getting you what you want, Mephys. (F)

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
"Your application was sent to the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation for review and their reply was as follow: Education program is not approved by the AVMA-Council on Education. Applicant cannot test at this time. Section 1505.10(a) (1)."

:( Now I am lost and I don't know what I am going to do. All these years in college worth JACK $HIT.

WELCOME TO AMERICA. :protest:

Awwww, I'm sorry Mephys. I hate that that has happened to you. When we first moved from England to Canada my parents' credentials were par for par. A few years later they changed the rules and my parents had to go back to university to be re-certified (my Mum's an RN and my Dad's an Engineer). It was a rough few years on them, lemme tell you. They were working full time (poor Mom coping with shifts), travelling to school in Toronto from Oakville to do their studies, and looking after us 3 kids. Not nice.

Maudit Americains! :ranting:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My sister-in-law is sick with the flu, so I won't get a chance to see my niece and nephew before flying back to Tulsa. I haven't seen them in almost a year and they are growing up so fast. I am one sad auntie tonight. :(

/end sad rant

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

My sister-in-law is sick with the flu, so I won't get a chance to see my niece and nephew before flying back to Tulsa. I haven't seen them in almost a year and they are growing up so fast. I am one sad auntie tonight. :(

/end sad rant

Awwww. Can someone not go and pick them up and bring them to see you? :(

iagree.gif

For anyone out there, this journey is not for the faint of heart.

If you have reservations about moving to the US.. really think about what you're doing and what you're leaving behind

I was one of those that was happy to be leaving and excited about the prospect of starting a new life for myself.

Well, almost 6 months into not working and not having a license and any reasonable way of getting around other than taking the bus in an area I'm not comfortable in hasn't been pretty..

The past week to 10 days has been especially hard for me. I'm not sure why but I think tonight is Good Cry #4 for me.

I'm become very sensitive to little things oliver may or may not say.

For instance, I hate doing laundry in our building by myself.

So earlier this week, he said we could do laundry together tonight..

Well, about 9pm tonight, I wanted him to check his email for something for me regarding our ebay account. (He's very private about his email and so I don't know his password; it's retarded but whatever)

Anyway, he didn't want to check. Then he throws a fit about when I want him to do something he dosen't want to do, he has to do it anyway but it never works the other way around in his favour. And so I asked for an example. He threw laundry in my face. So I reminded him that he promised we'd do it together tonight. His response "Well, once in a while it'd be nice if you took some initiative and did it yourself"

IT'S NOT LIKE I'VE NEVER DONE LAUNDRY MYSELF... ABOUT 70% OF THE TIME I DO IT MYSELF

I just haven't wanted to of late.

AND IT'S NOT LIKE HE HAS LIFTED ONE FINGER TO PLAN THIS WEDDING WE HAVE IN 4 MONTHS!

AND THE APARTMENT DOESN'T CLEAN ITSELF, DOES IT?

HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHERE THE TOILET PAPER, LINT ROLLERS, Q-TIPS, BATH SOAPS OR ANYTHING ELSE IS! WHY?? CUZ HE DOESN'T LIFT A FINGER IN THE HOUSE!

So we had a nice little fight, I stormed off into our bedroom, gathered up two loads of laundry, and stormed out to get it done. He did try to stop me and say he didn't mean for me to do it now, but I grabbed it back from him to say "Well, apparently I'm not pulling my weight here, so I've got to do this"

Spent the 30 mins of it being in the washer outside our building on the park bench.

9:45 pm

Washer should be ready now.

I walk back inside, switch it to the dryer.

9:50

Walk back into our apartment.

He's watching L&O.

I sit at the computer right next to the tv and write this message in silence.

This journey is not for the faint of heart.

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Awwwwwww. (((((((((((((GREAT BIG HUGS, LIZ))))))))))))))))))

You know...... remove the immigration equation out of the picture and you have your typical adjustment-to-marriage-and-living-with-someone-else-in-your-space scenario. Moving to another country doesn't help matters, though. What I can tell you is that it gets better on both fronts. In another six months you'll have adjusted to being in the US and being married, and will be well on your way to happy times. (F) Hang in there, Liz. Every argument results in each partner reviewing and adjusting their behaviour and attitude in an attempt to make things right. It'll be fine. Just don't kill him first. ;)

iagree.gif

10:30 pm

Still silent in the apartment other than Olivia and Stabler on L&O

oh look, he's eating a granola bar at the couch.

glad to see he's so comfortable with everything

PS thank you Krikit..

trying not to kill him

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Awww Liz, I can DEFINITELY relate. I imagine some of the difficulties come from the different communication styles / ways of thinking that men and women have. For instance, your hubster may not even be recognizing the underlying emotions going on with you right now ... he may just be thinking, why can't she do the laundry herself? When you have stopped wanting to kill him (and there are no sharp objects around), sti down and talk with him about how you have been feeling. (F)

Then, if that works, you can come to NH and talk to my hubby. Please tell him that having our house remain a construction zone 5 weeks before I am due to give birth to his child is not conducive for marital harmony. ARGH! (Nt trying to hijack your vent, just illustrating that husbands can really be slackers ... and don't get me started on the cleaning issue!)

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Awww Liz, I can DEFINITELY relate. I imagine some of the difficulties come from the different communication styles / ways of thinking that men and women have. For instance, your hubster may not even be recognizing the underlying emotions going on with you right now ... he may just be thinking, why can't she do the laundry herself? When you have stopped wanting to kill him (and there are no sharp objects around), sti down and talk with him about how you have been feeling. (F)

Then, if that works, you can come to NH and talk to my hubby. Please tell him that having our house remain a construction zone 5 weeks before I am due to give birth to his child is not conducive for marital harmony. ARGH! (Nt trying to hijack your vent, just illustrating that husbands can really be slackers ... and don't get me started on the cleaning issue!)

Oh, TOTALLY. Men have not a clue sometimes. It's a wonder we haven't killed them off long ago. The Molly Fish got it right. :thumbs:

OMG! Check out Post 5 on that thread! :rofl:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Awwwwwww. (((((((((((((GREAT BIG HUGS, LIZ))))))))))))))))))

You know...... remove the immigration equation out of the picture and you have your typical adjustment-to-marriage-and-living-with-someone-else-in-your-space scenario. Moving to another country doesn't help matters, though. What I can tell you is that it gets better on both fronts. In another six months you'll have adjusted to being in the US and being married, and will be well on your way to happy times. (F) Hang in there, Liz. Every argument results in each partner reviewing and adjusting their behaviour and attitude in an attempt to make things right. It'll be fine. Just don't kill him first. ;)

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Liz))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))),

Oh, I do understand too! The first six months are really tough - and then the next 6 months are tough too! But like Krikit says above, it does get better. Every marriage is an adjustment for both parties and it is the little things that you don't think will be issues that can really blow up in your face. Living with another person is hard - no matter how much you love them - and there will be times when you will ask 'why did I do this?' and 'Is this really worth it?'. The times when you will want to just pack up and head home, though, will become farther and farther apart until eventually, here will be 'home' - dirty laundry and all and the two of you will have established a rhythm that is balanced. Hang in and come here to vent when you need to.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I have tried to talk to him..

After every other cry this week, we've talked...

but it's like he thinks that each time I talk, the deep issues I'm having get resolved and it becomes some big mystery to him and he looks at me like "what's going on with her"

IT'S THE SAME F-ING THING THAT'S BEEN GOING ON WITH ME FOR THE PAST 5 MONTHS

I'd like to see him move to another country and see how he does.

and Yes, smack her hubby upside the head.

Construction and the stress it brings is not good for mommy-to-be!!!!!

MEN!

Oh, TOTALLY. Men have not a clue sometimes. It's a wonder we haven't killed them off long ago.

I know!!!

They're like the cockroach!

Never go away!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Liz))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))),

Oh, I do understand too! The first six months are really tough - and then the next 6 months are tough too! .................

The times when you will want to just pack up and head home, though, will become farther and farther apart until eventually, here will be 'home' - dirty laundry and all and the two of you will have established a rhythm that is balanced............

This peace you speak of, it seems so far away

sigh...

I wish he talked to a female somewhere and she's smack him for me!~!~

But he's to private to discuss relationship problems outside the relationship

AND HE'S READING A BOOK NOW!!!

11:32

WHAT THE HELL

While I have laundry pile #3 finally just put in the dryer!

aggghhhhhhhhh

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.