bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I need to vent about my Drivers license exam yesterday. I thought I could just try to "let it go" but I can't. The written part went fine- I was more nervous about the written than the actual driving.

The driving test- the girl was extremely unfriendly- she didn't speak very loudly or clearly so I had to ask her a few times to repeat herself. I thought everything was going along great- I was calm and in my opinion, driving very well. I have been driving for over 15 years- I wasn't cocky but I was confident in my driving abilities. I have always felt that I am a safe, courteous driver.

Anyway- we get back to the DMV and she tells to sit down and walks away. A little while later she comes back and tells me I almost failed the driving exam. She said I drive too fast. I said "Excuse me? I was never over the speed limit." She says "You don't have to be over the speed limit to be driving too fast." I was stunned- she told me she was passing me and went on about my driving exam. She told me the things I was good at too but I didn't hear much of what she said.

I know it shouldn't matter but I am still fuming over this. Being a speeder or overly fast driver is not me at all. I keep replaying the driving exam in my head and really feel I was I was driving at a safe and comfortable speed with the flow of the traffic.

I am happy I finally got it and don't have to deal with the DMV for another 4 years.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to vent about my Drivers license exam yesterday. I thought I could just try to "let it go" but I can't. The written part went fine- I was more nervous about the written than the actual driving.

The driving test- the girl was extremely unfriendly- she didn't speak very loudly or clearly so I had to ask her a few times to repeat herself. I thought everything was going along great- I was calm and in my opinion, driving very well. I have been driving for over 15 years- I wasn't cocky but I was confident in my driving abilities. I have always felt that I am a safe, courteous driver.

Anyway- we get back to the DMV and she tells to sit down and walks away. A little while later she comes back and tells me I almost failed the driving exam. She said I drive too fast. I said "Excuse me? I was never over the speed limit." She says "You don't have to be over the speed limit to be driving too fast." I was stunned- she told me she was passing me and went on about my driving exam. She told me the things I was good at too but I didn't hear much of what she said.

I know it shouldn't matter but I am still fuming over this. Being a speeder or overly fast driver is not me at all. I keep replaying the driving exam in my head and really feel I was I was driving at a safe and comfortable speed with the flow of the traffic.

I am happy I finally got it and don't have to deal with the DMV for another 4 years.

That's flipping ridiculous. :angry:

I think sometimes they just give people a hard time out of boredom.

Let it slide off your back, you have your license, you KNOW you are a good driver, that's all that matters.

Screw her.

LOL ;)

*hugs*

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, that driver's test examiner makes me sick. And the thought of someone giving you a hard time out of boredom as Laura says (which is probably true) makes me even sicker. Someone needs to start watching over these government employees (EVERYWHERE in EVERY position from the peons (sp?) to the politicians etc...) and holding them accountable for their actions. I'm so sick of hearing about them getting away with abusing their authority (which they have way too much of in my opinion). I'm mostly miffed when it comes to border crossings and immigration issues, but the DMV has an awful reputation of being lazy, incompetent and basically a$$hats.

At least you got your license. I'm glad for that at least.

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

So, if this is a place to vent, here I go...

Jim and I were talking how nice it would be to just be able to fall asleep together, wake up together...the really simple things that MANY people take for granted...

I'd be more than happy to take the place of a US Citizen that is in an unhappy marriage and wants nothing more than to get away! Most people don't think about how GREAT it is to be loved and in a happy marriage (thinking back in MY first marriage, if it wasn't for my son, I dunno if I even would've gone 'home' it was soooo uncomfortable!)...all we want to do is start our life together...set some goals as to what we want to achieve together (as we'll be building a house in Oregon & moving there within a few years)...almost seems like at times, it's too much to ask for...

I'm not a religious person by any means but I thank God every night for allowing me to meet such a beautiful person and have him in my life as MY husband! We have complete and total respect for eachother, compliment eachother soooo very well, it's almost freaky sometimes...how we can be thinking the exact same thing and not even be talking about it until one of us mentions something...has been like that since day one. I thank God for answering my prayer after being a divorcee for 12 yrs.. Jim is more than I could have EVER asked for/wished for...

jen

effective May 13, 2011 - back in Canada, journey is over

Well I'm fcuking screwed.

I hadn't been to the dentist in 4 years. Finally, I got a good job where I actually have coverage and so, I went.

Just came back from my 4th appointment...

The first three were cleanings...today was 2 fillings.

I find out that I have a total of 9 cavities.

I have to go back twice more to get the rest done.

The two they filled today are deep and I will more than likely need a root canal with a crown.

I'm only covered for so much and I've already used over half of it. So all the money I've saved up since starting this new job will be over half gone.

I'm in tears and completely heartbroken. I was so proud of all the money I've saved and now....this sucks so bad. :crying:

Nick says it's only paper and we will work through it together. I just can't believe I let it get this bad. I have beautiful teeth, white and straight but I guess looks are deceiving.

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Well at least you passed. I went to DPS office in Texas for a road test and I failed. They gave me the spiel about work on your skills, come back later. The next day I passed. Only downside, the second road test had a female examiner who was a rather flatulent and the windows were up. :crying:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
So, if this is a place to vent, here I go...

Jim and I were talking how nice it would be to just be able to fall asleep together, wake up together...the really simple things that MANY people take for granted...

I'd be more than happy to take the place of a US Citizen that is in an unhappy marriage and wants nothing more than to get away! Most people don't think about how GREAT it is to be loved and in a happy marriage (thinking back in MY first marriage, if it wasn't for my son, I dunno if I even would've gone 'home' it was soooo uncomfortable!)...all we want to do is start our life together...set some goals as to what we want to achieve together (as we'll be building a house in Oregon & moving there within a few years)...almost seems like at times, it's too much to ask for...

I'm not a religious person by any means but I thank God every night for allowing me to meet such a beautiful person and have him in my life as MY husband! We have complete and total respect for eachother, compliment eachother soooo very well, it's almost freaky sometimes...how we can be thinking the exact same thing and not even be talking about it until one of us mentions something...has been like that since day one. I thank God for answering my prayer after being a divorcee for 12 yrs.. Jim is more than I could have EVER asked for/wished for...

jen

Thanks for airing your innermost feelings. Your post was truly heartfelt and we are all better for you having posted what was, until now, ineffable. You have enunciated what everyone here knows but has been unable to express. Merci beaucoup! :thumbs:

IR5

Oliver just got his quote from the dentist. THey submitted a proposal to his insurance to find out how much all his work will cost b/c he hasn't been to a dentist in about 5 yrs +

His co-pay is coming to $1400

AND HE SUPPOSEDLY HAS A PRETTY DECENT PLAN!

that's for a deep cleaning, cavities and some other fun stuff

----------------------

So I know what you mean!

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Timeline

I hadn't been to the dentist in 4 years. Finally, I got a good job where I actually have coverage and so, I went.

The two they filled today are deep and I will more than likely need a root canal with a crown.

I'm only covered for so much and I've already used over half of it. So all the money I've saved up since starting this new job will be over half gone.

I'm in tears and completely heartbroken. I was so proud of all the money I've saved and now....this sucks so bad. :crying:

Nick says it's only paper and we will work through it together. I just can't believe I let it get this bad. I have beautiful teeth, white and straight but I guess looks are deceiving.

I have a confession, I'm a rabid anti-Dentite. :lol: I feel for you but a root canal can last a good long time and what most people don't realize is that the act of brushing your teeth actually damages the enamel as can grinding your teeth, various acidic foods and carbonic acid (pop) and even trying to gnaw through your own leg ( don't ask, growing up with Len as your sister was nothing if not interesting and more than a bit painful.) :lol: It is possible to have a perfectly healthy-looking tooth without even a cavity yet have enough microfissures in the enamel that there has been an insult to the pulp. I'm taking a wild guess, but by any chance were the caries in the molars? Depending on how many roots the tooth has, will affect the cost, since each root canal has to be obdurated with gutta percha (same stuff they use in golf balls.) Most people drink pop heavily and it is reflected in the increasing number of caries that are seen today.

BTW, there's an old mechanic's trick to unstick an engine that is seized with rust, pour a little pop in the cylinders and let it sit overnight. It works pretty well, and an engine is an alloy of iron and nickel. Can you imagine what the stuff will do to your teeth? :crying: Always drink some water or gargle after drinking pop.

IR5

Filed: Timeline

Stinkers, I agree wit h comrade Nikolai on this one. You're better off doing it in Canada - believe me sister, health care in the US absolutely SUCKKKS, and it is beyond stupidly expensive!!!

Thanks guys :)

I've talked with my parents and they said that they are going to help me with whatever I have to pay beyond what I am covered.

I'm so so lucky to have them.

I'm crying I'm so happy.

I'm definitely going to take care of all of this before I move....I will have the last of the filings completely by the 9th of May so, that's a good thing.

Thanks for being here :star:

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Timeline

Stinkers, I agree wit h comrade Nikolai on this one. You're better off doing it in Canada - believe me sister, health care in the US absolutely SUCKKKS, and it is beyond stupidly expensive!!!

You have no idea Sis. I just looked at some of the billing sheets for hospital services for bro' and I was shocked. Even bro' was saying #######, this is insane. Every time bro' does a history and physical, the hospital bills insurance $600. :crying: Canuckistan produces its fair share of quacks unfortunately. At least here you only sacrifice your health and not your health and your savings. :crying:

IR5

I have a confession, I'm a rabid anti-Dentite. :lol: I feel for you but a root canal can last a good long time and what most people don't realize is that the act of brushing your teeth actually damages the enamel as can grinding your teeth, various acidic foods and carbonic acid (pop) and even trying to gnaw through your own leg ( don't ask, growing up with Len as your sister was nothing if not interesting and more than a bit painful.) :lol: It is possible to have a perfectly healthy-looking tooth without even a cavity yet have enough microfissures in the enamel that there has been an insult to the pulp. I'm taking a wild guess, but by any chance were the caries in the molars? Depending on how many roots the tooth has, will affect the cost, since each root canal has to be obdurated with gutta percha (same stuff they use in golf balls.) Most people drink pop heavily and it is reflected in the increasing number of caries that are seen today.

BTW, there's an old mechanic's trick to unstick an engine that is seized with rust, pour a little pop in the cylinders and let it sit overnight. It works pretty well, and an engine is an alloy of iron and nickel. Can you imagine what the stuff will do to your teeth? :crying: Always drink some water or gargle after drinking pop.

:lol: IR....:)

Yeah, it's all molars....I only need one root canal, or so he said so...sigh. I'll work it out.

I don't drink pop...lol ew!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.