bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

#######?!?!?!

Tell them to grab their witness list and stick it where the sun don't shine. Indeed, you are not obligated. Now.... if they are willing to pitch in for ALL your travel arrangements (airfare, hotel, bla bla) maybe it could save a bunch of money sister :devil::devil::devil:

Sorry you posted before I could Sis, but I agree with you on how Carla should respond to their request. By law they HAVE TO PAY Carla's expenses since she's not in Toronto. :angry:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
We are finally confirmed to be at VSC for the ajudication of our I601, we got the I-797C NOA yesterday in the mail. It would seem that it had been sitting in Montreal for the past few months as VSC states it received the application on April 7th. It doesn't say much or anything of interest but it does give us a new receipt number which should allow us to follow our progress over the coming months. I think this notice is a confirmation that they have been paid as the only notation is: Notice Type: Receipt Notice - Fee Previously Collected. This doesn't mention the ???212()()() so my guess is that my test results came back clean leaving them not a leg to stand on. This notice would make our official countdown date start on April 8, 2008.

Y'all have a good day now.

Just to add to what my Sister has already posted (we tend to think alike). As time has passed and one beneficiary after another has been approved and moved on, there was always a thought in the back of my mind, what about poor Ron stuck in purgatory. What about poor Ron? His poor wife and her family, how are they holding up under the strain. Will he even get justice? I am cautiously optimistic but I think it is fair to say, today is the day when poor Ron starts to become fortunate Ron. Congratulations hardly seems appropriate under the circumstances. But I'll proffer it anyways. Con-f*ckin-gratulations. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: It won't be too long before you'll say, IV at last, IV at last, Thank God Almighty, IV at last. :thumbs:(with apologies to MLK)

IR5

Timeline
I had one for my first child at an army hospital in NB. The attending physician did it before the freezing took. Either that or he didn't freeze it properly. All I know is that I screamed 3 times when he sliced into me 3 times. Ba$tard. The healing process was horrible. I nearly went insane. Let's just say I had a lot of baths.

With my second child there was not time for an episiotomy. My son was born 2 months premature.... the placenta had torn from the vaginal wall (Abruptio placentae). I was hemorraghing and my son had his life's supply cut off, so we were both in danger. They prepped me for a caesarian but I started delivering before they could do it. He was quite small so there was no tearing and no episiotomy to recover from, thank God.

There you go. How's that for gory? :hehe:

I was just wondering Krikit, do you have red hair by any chance. Certain folks with red haired folks have high resistance to the effects of anesthetics, so I'm just wondering. I can't speak about all army doctors but most tend not to be too gentle in their technique.

You are indeed lucky with number two son. Mom also had a placental abruption with 'lil bro. She's a small gal and even though 'lil bro was two months premature, he was already 8lbs. Mom was already a bit anemic but was hemorrhaging very heavily and the OB/GYN said enough is enough, c-section time. In those days, it was the classic longitudinal one. She took forever to heal after that, years and years of Fergon pills. :crying:

Big 'bro had a placenta previa patient that took 48 hours. He was there the whole time, I think it took 12 pints of blood. Yikes!!!!!

IR5

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Freaking fantastic dear dear friends!!!! :dance:

Bren and I think of you often, and keep you in our prayers!!! Seems like a good thing this notification. Please don't abandon us, you are most loved in here!!!

How's Sharon's family? Do tell.

Hi Len and Bren, the news is the best we have had in a long time and it arrived when needed, thank you both for the prayers, as you can see they brought good results. It seems that Sharon's mother has taken a turn for the better and may be around for longer than previously thought. Sharon yesterday was ordered to take a 14 day leave from work, this past year has been hard on her in so many ways that it is a wonder she didn't pack up and disappear. I'm doing fine and could be better if my dr. would just leave me alone. I'm not leaving here at all, this is home, but I will continue to post when there is something to say about our journey. I am not yet ready to post as I have in the past, too many mixed emotions still loose.

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

09/22/2006 - Received at NSC
09/28/2006 - NOA-1 (1-797C date )

10/02/2006 - Cheque cashed

10/02/2006 - NOA 1 (I-797C recieved in the mail)

12/08/2006 - NOA-2 in 79 days

12/13/2006 - NOA-2 hard copy recieved

12/26/2006 - Package recieved by NVC

12/30/2006 - Received by Montreal

01/22/2007 - Received Packet 3

04/16/2007 - Returned Packet 3

08/02/2007 - Received medical documentation

08/07/2007 - Received Interview date Aug. 9th

08/09/2007 - Received I-601 and 212 (not approved yet)

02/17/2008 - I-601 approved 212 abandoned

06/2?/2009 - New medical and passport and doc sent to Mtl

07/22/2009 - Recieved request for DS-221 and notarized letter of intent

07/31/2009 - Montreal recieves thier final requested doc.

09/01/2009 - Visa approved and mail out today

Filed: Timeline
Freaking fantastic dear dear friends!!!! :dance:

Bren and I think of you often, and keep you in our prayers!!! Seems like a good thing this notification. Please don't abandon us, you are most loved in here!!!

How's Sharon's family? Do tell.

Hi Len and Bren, the news is the best we have had in a long time and it arrived when needed, thank you both for the prayers, as you can see they brought good results. It seems that Sharon's mother has taken a turn for the better and may be around for longer than previously thought. Sharon yesterday was ordered to take a 14 day leave from work, this past year has been hard on her in so many ways that it is a wonder she didn't pack up and disappear. I'm doing fine and could be better if my dr. would just leave me alone. I'm not leaving here at all, this is home, but I will continue to post when there is something to say about our journey. I am not yet ready to post as I have in the past, too many mixed emotions still loose.

I can imagine the mixed emotions brother. Good to know that Sharon's mom is improving. Tell that girl that we love you all. (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just to add to what my Sister has already posted (we tend to think alike). As time has passed and one beneficiary after another has been approved and moved on, there was always a thought in the back of my mind, what about poor Ron stuck in purgatory. What about poor Ron? His poor wife and her family, how are they holding up under the strain. Will he even get justice? I am cautiously optimistic but I think it is fair to say, today is the day when poor Ron starts to become fortunate Ron. Congratulations hardly seems appropriate under the circumstances. But I'll proffer it anyways. Con-f*ckin-gratulations. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:It won't be too long before you'll say, IV at last, IV at last, Thank God Almighty, IV at last. :thumbs:(with apologies to MLK)

Thanks IR5formumsie, thank you for the congratulation that was fantastic. What was given to us was definately needed and got here at the right time, it was needed by both of us. We didn't lose faith or hope, they haven't broken us just bent us a bit, but as the willow we go the way the winds blow but remain rooted in our love for each other.

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

09/22/2006 - Received at NSC
09/28/2006 - NOA-1 (1-797C date )

10/02/2006 - Cheque cashed

10/02/2006 - NOA 1 (I-797C recieved in the mail)

12/08/2006 - NOA-2 in 79 days

12/13/2006 - NOA-2 hard copy recieved

12/26/2006 - Package recieved by NVC

12/30/2006 - Received by Montreal

01/22/2007 - Received Packet 3

04/16/2007 - Returned Packet 3

08/02/2007 - Received medical documentation

08/07/2007 - Received Interview date Aug. 9th

08/09/2007 - Received I-601 and 212 (not approved yet)

02/17/2008 - I-601 approved 212 abandoned

06/2?/2009 - New medical and passport and doc sent to Mtl

07/22/2009 - Recieved request for DS-221 and notarized letter of intent

07/31/2009 - Montreal recieves thier final requested doc.

09/01/2009 - Visa approved and mail out today

Timeline
Well, that doesn't seem too gory to me (I've eaten lunch while disecting brains and other organs)

Remind me not to come to your house for a BBQ. :lol: I hope this is part of some educational program or employment and not some Dahmer-esque hobby. :innocent: BTW, did you apply for your diener's club card yet? :lol:

:lol:

That was during one of my neurological classes. The one thing I dislike about dealing with dead bodies (brains and all) is the smell. Don't bother mentioning formaldehyde, that smells terrible too!. Even after washing well, it still lasts for a while.

Timeline
Well, that doesn't seem too gory to me (I've eaten lunch while disecting brains and other organs)

Remind me not to come to your house for a BBQ. :lol: I hope this is part of some educational program or employment and not some Dahmer-esque hobby. :innocent: BTW, did you apply for your diener's club card yet? :lol:

:lol:

That was during one of my neurological classes. The one thing I dislike about dealing with dead bodies (brains and all) is the smell. Don't bother mentioning formaldehyde, that smells terrible too!. Even after washing well, it still lasts for a while.

Try orange peels. I knew a guy who claimed that it was the only thing that worked. I've heard of wearing triple gloves. That might work, I've never had the luxury of having one pair of gloves that fit, let alone three. :lol: I hated the muscles, once they're cut open they dry out, so that the next time you slice them, it is like cutting leather. The organs are just as bad. The lungs are the worst. The formaldehyde emulsifies the fat so it becomes yellowy, slimy goop. Which reminds me, I think I'll have steak for dinner. :devil:

IR5

Timeline
Just to add to what my Sister has already posted (we tend to think alike). As time has passed and one beneficiary after another has been approved and moved on, there was always a thought in the back of my mind, what about poor Ron stuck in purgatory. What about poor Ron? His poor wife and her family, how are they holding up under the strain. Will he even get justice? I am cautiously optimistic but I think it is fair to say, today is the day when poor Ron starts to become fortunate Ron. Congratulations hardly seems appropriate under the circumstances. But I'll proffer it anyways. Con-f*ckin-gratulations. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:It won't be too long before you'll say, IV at last, IV at last, Thank God Almighty, IV at last. :thumbs:(with apologies to MLK)

Thanks IR5formumsie, thank you for the congratulation that was fantastic. What was given to us was definately needed and got here at the right time, it was needed by both of us. We didn't lose faith or hope, they haven't broken us just bent us a bit, but as the willow we go the way the winds blow but remain rooted in our love for each other.

I'm glad that you haven't let your relationship be defined by the aribtrary whims of some mindless beareaucrat whose dream in life is to be a breathalyzer. :ranting: When Pop was in AP, I wasn't that worried because he doesn't worry that much about these things. These wasn't a sense of immediacy, "it'll come" was his refrain. With you I always felt bad about the whole thing. The fact that you had the decency to share your feelings during these very short days and long nights certainly was not lost on me. As a human being I couldn't help but be moved and now feel honoured to revel in the dawn of this time of providence, this time of mercy, this age of Fortunate Ron. Fortune favours the prepared mind and you are most certainly prepared. Please post when you feel the need, we will always pay homage to your silent dignity and unwavering resolve by reading them with the same. (L)(L)(L)

IR5

I'm feeling very sad tonight. :(

It's getting harder and harder to be away from Nick.

We just saw each other a few weeks ago and just the knowledge that we are so close to our interview, it's even more sucky.

I miss him. I miss everything.

I want to just come home at the end of the day and him be there.

We aren't fighting or anything but there is a lot of crying and impatience and just overall sadness.

I can see how some people break up right near the end cause the excitement can turn to stress and frustration and they can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can see how some would find it the hardest at the end.

It's almost harder than the beginning!!!! :crying:

I'm tired of webcams. I'm tired of talking to him on the phone and the computer.

I want my interview. I want my life to start!!! I want my Nicholas!!!!! :angry:

Thanks for letting me vent, just ignore it if you want but I had to get it out....I know how some people hate to see whiny posts...lol :blush:

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

I know how you feel... time goes by so fast once you do finally make the move.. just yesterday, Oliver said something to me like "you know you've been living here for 6 months"...

and right away, I said, "no I haven't"

and then he counted it out for me and I was amazed!

I've been here already for just over 5 months.....

Focus on making as much money as humanly possible right now!!

That's how I made it!

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

I know how you feel... time goes by so fast once you do finally make the move.. just yesterday, Oliver said something to me like "you know you've been living here for 6 months"...

and right away, I said, "no I haven't"

and then he counted it out for me and I was amazed!

I've been here already for just over 5 months.....

Focus on making as much money as humanly possible right now!!

That's how I made it!

LOL that's what I'm doing.

Every penny is going into my ING account...lol

Thanks Liz.

Congrats on almost 6 months!!! :star:

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

and keep checking the spreadsheet

and PM'ing me with all the updates you come across to keep you busy =)

:thumbs:

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

We are finally confirmed to be at VSC for the ajudication of our I601, we got the I-797C NOA yesterday in the mail. It would seem that it had been sitting in Montreal for the past few months as VSC states it received the application on April 7th. It doesn't say much or anything of interest but it does give us a new receipt number which should allow us to follow our progress over the coming months. I think this notice is a confirmation that they have been paid as the only notation is: Notice Type: Receipt Notice - Fee Previously Collected. This doesn't mention the ???212()()() so my guess is that my test results came back clean leaving them not a leg to stand on. This notice would make our official countdown date start on April 8, 2008.

Y'all have a good day now.

I'm so happy to hear your news Ron!! (F) Thoughts and prayers are sent your way to a successful journey!! Give Sharon my best. Glad to hear her Mom is doing better!

Let the countdown begin! :thumbs:

I'm feeling very sad tonight. :(

It's getting harder and harder to be away from Nick.

We just saw each other a few weeks ago and just the knowledge that we are so close to our interview, it's even more sucky.

I miss him. I miss everything.

I want to just come home at the end of the day and him be there.

We aren't fighting or anything but there is a lot of crying and impatience and just overall sadness.

I can see how some people break up right near the end cause the excitement can turn to stress and frustration and they can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can see how some would find it the hardest at the end.

It's almost harder than the beginning!!!! :crying:

I'm tired of webcams. I'm tired of talking to him on the phone and the computer.

I want my interview. I want my life to start!!! I want my Nicholas!!!!! :angry:

Thanks for letting me vent, just ignore it if you want but I had to get it out....I know how some people hate to see whiny posts...lol :blush:

Oh Laura. HUGS for you! I too had a more difficult time nearing the end of this part of my journey as well. I was just so TIRED, if that makes sense? We actually spent more time away from the computer...I couldn't handled the webcamming anymore...it broke my heart and I usually ended up in tears not being able to touch Gene. We spoke on the phone everynight, probably not as long as we were used to as well. You'll not believe it now, but six months from now, this will be just a memory...honest. (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.