bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

I officially retired, after a years leave of absence, the 5th of February. Now my old employer wants me to tesitfy in court case about a previous client. The days are the first three days that I'm in Toronto. Told them I couldn't do it. They're really upset, and so I told them I could testify by phone if need be (after they tried to pressure me into rearranging my vacation). So now they're going in front of the judge Thursday to see if he'll allow that. They're sending me the file as well, so I have to literally spend all day waiting around for this damn thing. The defence lawyer demands to know why I can't be there, and will want 2 HOURS on cross with me???? #######???

I sent a nasty email back to the Prosecutor telling them I'm not obligated to do anything. I'm retired. I wasn't subpeoned. I got up this morning after a fitful sleep, and a headache all night. I left this stress back in Canada. I don't want it back!!!!

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Speaking of pregnancy (and therefore, eventual birth), have any of the women here ever had an episiotomy? If you have, what was it like?

I had one for my first child at an army hospital in NB. The attending physician did it before the freezing took. Either that or he didn't freeze it properly. All I know is that I screamed 3 times when he sliced into me 3 times. Ba$tard. The healing process was horrible. I nearly went insane. Let's just say I had a lot of baths.

With my second child there was not time for an episiotomy. My son was born 2 months premature.... the placenta had torn from the vaginal wall (Abruptio placentae). I was hemorraghing and my son had his life's supply cut off, so we were both in danger. They prepped me for a caesarian but I started delivering before they could do it. He was quite small so there was no tearing and no episiotomy to recover from, thank God.

There you go. How's that for gory? :hehe:

I officially retired, after a years leave of absence, the 5th of February. Now my old employer wants me to tesitfy in court case about a previous client. The days are the first three days that I'm in Toronto. Told them I couldn't do it. They're really upset, and so I told them I could testify by phone if need be (after they tried to pressure me into rearranging my vacation). So now they're going in front of the judge Thursday to see if he'll allow that. They're sending me the file as well, so I have to literally spend all day waiting around for this damn thing. The defence lawyer demands to know why I can't be there, and will want 2 HOURS on cross with me???? #######???

I sent a nasty email back to the Prosecutor telling them I'm not obligated to do anything. I'm retired. I wasn't subpeoned. I got up this morning after a fitful sleep, and a headache all night. I left this stress back in Canada. I don't want it back!!!!

The nerve! I hope they decide on Plan B, Carla. Who needs that kind of aggravation? Sheesh.

iagree.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We are finally confirmed to be at VSC for the ajudication of our I601, we got the I-797C NOA yesterday in the mail. It would seem that it had been sitting in Montreal for the past few months as VSC states it received the application on April 7th. It doesn't say much or anything of interest but it does give us a new receipt number which should allow us to follow our progress over the coming months. I think this notice is a confirmation that they have been paid as the only notation is: Notice Type: Receipt Notice - Fee Previously Collected. This doesn't mention the ???212()()() so my guess is that my test results came back clean leaving them not a leg to stand on. This notice would make our official countdown date start on April 8, 2008.

Y'all have a good day now.

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

09/22/2006 - Received at NSC
09/28/2006 - NOA-1 (1-797C date )

10/02/2006 - Cheque cashed

10/02/2006 - NOA 1 (I-797C recieved in the mail)

12/08/2006 - NOA-2 in 79 days

12/13/2006 - NOA-2 hard copy recieved

12/26/2006 - Package recieved by NVC

12/30/2006 - Received by Montreal

01/22/2007 - Received Packet 3

04/16/2007 - Returned Packet 3

08/02/2007 - Received medical documentation

08/07/2007 - Received Interview date Aug. 9th

08/09/2007 - Received I-601 and 212 (not approved yet)

02/17/2008 - I-601 approved 212 abandoned

06/2?/2009 - New medical and passport and doc sent to Mtl

07/22/2009 - Recieved request for DS-221 and notarized letter of intent

07/31/2009 - Montreal recieves thier final requested doc.

09/01/2009 - Visa approved and mail out today

We are finally confirmed to be at VSC for the ajudication of our I601, we got the I-797C NOA yesterday in the mail. It would seem that it had been sitting in Montreal for the past few months as VSC states it received the application on April 7th. It doesn't say much or anything of interest but it does give us a new receipt number which should allow us to follow our progress over the coming months. I think this notice is a confirmation that they have been paid as the only notation is: Notice Type: Receipt Notice - Fee Previously Collected. This doesn't mention the ???212()()() so my guess is that my test results came back clean leaving them not a leg to stand on. This notice would make our official countdown date start on April 8, 2008.

WHOOOO! That is AWESOME, Ron! Congratulations! :dance:

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Speaking of pregnancy (and therefore, eventual birth), have any of the women here ever had an episiotomy? If you have, what was it like?

I had one for my first child at an army hospital in NB. The attending physician did it before the freezing took. Either that or he didn't freeze it properly. All I know is that I screamed 3 times when he sliced into me 3 times. Ba$tard. The healing process was horrible. I nearly went insane. Let's just say I had a lot of baths.

With my second child there was not time for an episiotomy. My son was born 2 months premature.... the placenta had torn from the vaginal wall (Abruptio placentae). I was hemorraghing and my son had his life's supply cut off, so we were both in danger. They prepped me for a caesarian but I started delivering before they could do it. He was quite small so there was no tearing and no episiotomy to recover from, thank God.

Well, that doesn't seem too gory to me (I've eaten lunch while disecting brains and other organs), but I know if my wife read it, she'd definitely think twice about having kids. :P

OMG YAY!!!!!!! Congrats Ron and Sharon!!!! :star:

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, that doesn't seem too gory to me (I've eaten lunch while disecting brains and other organs), but I know if my wife read it, she'd definitely think twice about having kids. :P

I had it done with all 4 of my kids my Doctor was great. He didnt even let me see the needle they use for that cause I hate needles ( had natural child birth just to avoid the needles). Other then a bit sore the next day from the bruising i was fine. Now my ex on the other had said the doctor had something like tin snips and was not a pretty sight.

Danielle

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

I had it done with all 4 of my kids my Doctor was great. He didnt even let me see the needle they use for that cause I hate needles ( had natural child birth just to avoid the needles). Other then a bit sore the next day from the bruising i was fine. Now my ex on the other had said the doctor had something like tin snips and was not a pretty sight.

Ugh. I had natural childbirth for both of mine too. I recommend the epidural. :thumbs:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Thank you Kriket and you also Laura and Nick, This is the best news we have had since last August, that is before the interview.

Ron

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

Timeline
Does that mean you get a new interview at montreal?????

Cuz I can move you up the list!! =)

Hi Liz, thank you for asking, we don’t yet have a date just acknowledgement of their getting our application. At this moment all is left in the hands of God and USCIS as to whether there is a second interview at Montreal.

I’m not sure if moving us up would be necessary right now, perhaps at a later date if we are advised we have been approved. Right now I think the list is a list of approvals which is giving good vibes to those who check it, why cast a shadow on everything by resurrecting the past.

In one way we are redoing the process, from initial application to interview it took 11 months. Now that Montreal has finally forwarded our application and documentation to Vermont, the 8 to 12 months or 12 to 18 months waiting period starts effective April 7th since that is when they received what they required.

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

Timeline
Well, that doesn't seem too gory to me (I've eaten lunch while disecting brains and other organs)

Remind me not to come to your house for a BBQ. :lol: I hope this is part of some educational program or employment and not some Dahmer-esque hobby. :innocent: BTW, did you apply for your diener's club card yet? :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Freaking fantastic dear dear friends!!!! :dance:

Bren and I think of you often, and keep you in our prayers!!! Seems like a good thing this notification. Please don't abandon us, you are most loved in here!!!

How's Sharon's family? Do tell.

#######?!?!?!

Tell them to grab their witness list and stick it where the sun don't shine. Indeed, you are not obligated. Now.... if they are willing to pitch in for ALL your travel arrangements (airfare, hotel, bla bla) maybe it could save a bunch of money sister :devil: :devil: :devil:

Timeline

I assume that you're an affiant or at least a witness to something. If it's a case of being deposed or discovery by opposing counsel then there should be no problem with doing it in a telephone conference. My advice is the following, enjoy your vacation and screw them! If they want you to be available to be cross-examined then your azzhole of an ex-boss or the defendant's counsel can pay for another trip to Toronto and your lost wages from your new job. The law is simple, you need to pay for reasonable expenses for a witness testimony if they need to travel and their lost wages. That doesn't change if it's a criminal or civil matter. You've agreed to look at the file but I would try to avoid it as best you can. Cheap b*stards are trying to get get away without compensating you for your inconvenience. SUbpoena or not they have to pay for it.

I am so sorry that this is upsetting you, but #### them. If they really want you, they can try to extradite you (I'd love to see them try it) or fly you here on their dime. Your vacation time is your own. :angry:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.