GINEA_123

Bringing my son here

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I received my K-1 visa less then a year ago at the Vancouver Consualte..I now need to bring my 7 year old son here to live with me..Not to sure what to do..I contacted the consulate switchboard and she could not help me.If anybody knows what to do that would be very helpful...

Thankyou in advance.. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If your son was listed on the original visa petition for K-2 then should be one in process.

Here is a response on this from another board "USCONGUZ" is a member that is a Consular officer at a US consulate.

For a step child to follow the K-1 or K-3 my assumption is that we would need to send a P3 response for the K2 or K4 when ready which would include a DS-230 part1 and the P3 Supplemental Information Sheet.

The question comes up that it is stated that the Follow to Join status is good for 1 year after the visa is issued, it is vague on is it 1 year for the child to be processed in the system and receive their visa or is the receipt of the P3 information within 1 year all that is required.

I also assume once the P3 is received we will have a similar wait time for an interview as we did for the K-1

K2 visas can be issued up to one year after the K1 visa was issued for follow to join cases. The visa must be issued within that time, not just applied for. If you are planning on setting up a follow to join case for a K2, please keep this time limitation in mind. The K2 applicant will normally have to wait the normal amount of time for an interview. However, if scheduling the K2 applicant through normal methods would mean that the visa could not be issued within one year of issuance of a K1, a request for expedited handling can be sent to us.

K4s are a little different. There is no specific time limitation on when K4 visas can be issued, however they cannot be issued after the K3 applicant has adjusted status in the U.S.

AND

If you are planning on setting up a follow to join case for a K2...

What is the procedure for setting up a follow to join case? Should the applicant e-mail or telephone the consulate? What information should the applicant provide at the time of making contact? Should the applicant request specific information/forms such as a packet 3? Can the US citizen/petitioner make the contact with the consulate?

Great question,

See our answers below:

1. What is the procedure for setting up a follow to join case? The principal applicant or the petitioner can tell us during the time of the interview, they can write it on the DS-230 part 1, or mail us a written statement.

2. Should the applicant e-mail or telephone the consulate? See above

3. What information should the applicant provide at the time of making contact? Principal Applicant's name, case number, and date of birth.

4. Should the applicant request specific information/forms such as a packet 3? No

5. Can the US citizen/petitioner make the contact with the consulate? Yes

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13325

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
I received my K-1 visa less then a year ago at the Vancouver Consualte..I now need to bring my 7 year old son here to live with me..Not to sure what to do..I contacted the consulate switchboard and she could not help me.If anybody knows what to do that would be very helpful...

Thankyou in advance.. :)

Did you contact the Vancouver Consulate? If that is the consulate you received your K-1 visa from, then they should send the packet 3 for your son. Return the packet 3 and they will then schedule the interview (we just went through this in Bangkok for Rin's children). It starts at the consulate. We requested the packet 3, but sent the forms in before actually receiving anything in the mail and received a very quick turnaround on the interview.

I'd either call or e-mail the consulate again if I were you.

Good luck,

John

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Here is the text from the e-mail that I sent the consulate:

"Subject: 2nd Inquiry: BNK2007****** - (wife's name)"

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Concerning K-4 Visa - Follow to join benefits

Case number BNK2007*******

Petitioner: my name (DOB xx/xx/xxxx)

Applicant: spouse name (DOB xx/xx/xxxx); Thai National (spouse, received K-3 visa 4/18/2007)

Contact information: e-mail address; work (phone number)

My wife received her K-3 visa on April 18th and travelled to the US on April 19th. We are now planning on applying for K-4 visas for her three minor children (list names). We will be travelling to Bangkok from September 14th thru October 13th and would like to apply for the K-4 visas at that time.

Can you please forward Packet 3 for (list names) to the following address:

(address)

Also, due to our time constraints, is it possible to request an interview within the time period of October 5th thru October 11th?

Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards,

"

They then e-mailed me the packet 3 info and sent them to the address provided.

Edited by rin and john

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.