Dr. A ♥ O

Thursday in MENA

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Sparrow - "Here comes the sun...do do....her comes the sun...and I say......" :lol:

I'm down in my back today. I laid on my tummy to watch a movie last night and when I got up, I was in serious pain. Wasn't any better this morning. Going to the chiropractor this morning hoping they can snap it back. AGH!!!

I hope your back feels better soon! Back pain is no picnic :(

I had "Here comes the sun" stuck in my head during my drive to JFK when I was leaving for Cairo....as well as through most of my flight....:lol: I think it was the first song I listened to on my iPod on the plane........memories..........:goofy:

Divorced. To hell with him.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Wow!!!!! That is super exciting news, Amy! I'm so happy for you! (F)

Happy Thursday everyone! I can offically post the little secret I have! :dancing: As some of you know, I worked in an allergy and pulmonary clinic for years. Things were getting crazy and I thought I was going to kill a co-worker, so I took a job at an OB/GYN, which I really thought I would like. Well.....I HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT!!!! A friend of mine that works at my old job (and also hats it) is a nurse practioner and had been toying with the idea of opening a clinic and having a couple other doc colloaborate with her (so kind of NP law). So we got our brains together and start brain storming and things just fell together. Just so happenen while we were thinking about this, another friend of ours whose family owns many pharmacies here was opening a respiratory care supply store and told us "hey....I have extra space here....do you want it?????" We also called an allergy & asthma doctor and a family health doctor to see if they would like to take on a day a week at the clinic. Long story short......our business Columbia Allergy & Asthma Specialty will be opening it's doors on Dec 1!!!! :dancing::dance: We already have at least 400 past patients that are wanting to leave the clinic we both worked at and come to our clinic. This is going to be a very interesting adventure for us both. Our old boss has always thought he's the best of the best (and he isn't) and now that we will be in direct compatition with him will be fun! I'M SOOOO EXCITED! Now I have to decide if I want tomorrow to be my last day in Vajay-jay hell or next Friday.

Happy Thursday! :dance:

I have 2 glorious days off! Today will be an oil change. Last night was more retail therapy at Walmart. I heard on the news that I can expect severe weather this afternoon. Cool, blow me away.

amylu---that is great! I hope your new business venture is a wonderful success!

MBP---mmmmm lasagna. I know Amal will be right behind me drooling for pasta, sauce and cheese.

jess--the fuzzy peanut is adorable

allousa- hope your back feels better.

ayesha---hi!

Charles--no it is not Friday. When Jas and I say tommorrow "It's Payday",,,then it will be Friday.

sparrow---Hopefully today will be full of sunshine in your life.

amina---congrats on payday, I look forward to this every 2 weeks. Any shopping today?

doods--- hi Did you try Dunkin Donuts new Pumpkin Hot Latte? omg it rocked my world yesterday. :)

Have a pleasant day everyone.

Jackie (F)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

amy that is fantastic!!! how exciting!!!!!

allousa be careful! back pain is the worst!

jackie, I haven't tried it yet. I only have so many points alloted for one latte per week and I'm gonna do my tried and true pumpkin latte from Starbucks. My 11 yr old is hooked on the decaf one! lol

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

I for one am glad that it will be a rainy day since I fertilized the lawn yesterday.

A pumpkin latte?? I never heard of that. Is this a drink that only comes around during Halloween time? I might have to try it. There is not a Starbucks near me, I wonder if Tim Hortons sells it?? I hope everybody has a great Thursday!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
Thx!

I'm throwing flowers today. Everyone gets flowers.

(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)

Oh, thank you; we need more people like you on this site to make us feel better. :thumbs:

here is a little dance for you. :dance:

July 19------------Send the I-129F

July 26------------Recieved

December 7th----NOA2 online

December 14-----NOA2 Hard Copy

December 21-----NVC recieved

December 28-----NVC send to US embassy in Ethiopia

January 8---------US embassy in Ethiopia will recieve

January 11--------Packet 3

February 7 -------Interview

February 7 -------Passed interview

February 12------VISA in hand

February 22------IN the USA

March 1-----------Wedding

March 15----------Sent AOS

July 7 -------------Finger Print

January 27, 2009--Green card approved without interview. It took almost one year though.

Feb 2 -------------Got the green card in the mail

Next: playing the waiting game for the 2 years holding removal

omg_wtf.jpg

A pumpkin latte?? I never heard of that. Is this a drink that only comes around during Halloween time? I might have to try it. There is not a Starbucks near me, I wonder if Tim Hortons sells it?? I hope everybody has a great Thursday!!

Pumpkin flavored anything is usually a seasonal flavor I think... and I love it... yum! We've had Pumpkin Spice flavored coffee at work lately and I love love love the pumpkin latte at starbucks. One other thing I love that should be in season now... the pumpkin pecan cheesecake at the cheesecake factory... oh man...

Speaking of the cheesecake factory, have any of the boston area folk been out to the natick mall since they finished the renovation? it's nuts!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Speaking of the cheesecake factory, have any of the boston area folk been out to the natick mall since they finished the renovation? it's nuts!

No, but they just put in a Cheescake Factory at the Northshore Mall, so I'm pumped. I usually hate chain restaurants but I make an exception because of the cheescake factor.

I hope that we'll go for some work lunches, but everyone here seems to think that it's really hard to get a table there. I've never had a problem getting a table quickly there. Not that I would plan to go on a Fri or Sat night.

Pumpkin Cheesecake:

0078539722539_LG.jpg

I'm drinking pumpkin spiced coffee as I type. :) Our office just got it in yesterday. It's yummy.

Pumpkin flavored anything is usually a seasonal flavor I think... and I love it... yum! We've had Pumpkin Spice flavored coffee at work lately and I love love love the pumpkin latte at starbucks. One other thing I love that should be in season now... the pumpkin pecan cheesecake at the cheesecake factory... oh man...

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline
I saw a sign at a local restaurant that said 'We have pumpkin pancakes'

hey Jess, was it you that posted pumpkin muffin recipe at a MENA party?

J (F)

nope wasnt me...only recipe i posted was Swiss Baked Chicken.......

George just made Pumpkin cookies for me the other day and they are suppppppppppppperrrrr yummy!! they have a bit of ginger in them so im able to keep them down. :dance::dance:

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Amyerlu - I'm very happy for you. I think your good vibes passed on to me, I just got a job offer i had wanted so badly. I have to go tomorrow and give them all documents they want. I am so happy, because i'll be doing a work that's fullfilling, alhamdulillah.

Jackie - Hiiiiii!! The offer is still on: Puerto Rico (escape from the cold) LOL

Doodle - I'm trying to search The Lemon Tree (I love reading and since you say it's great, i wanted to see if i can purchase it insha allah)

Jess - He/She is soooooooo cute LOL. Can't wait to keep seeing the progress!

Olivia - Caught it (F) thank you, and no thorns YAY! LOL

Sparrow - Little darlin the smiles returning to their faces, little darlin it seems like years since it's been here, here comes the sun, here comes the sun and i say it's alright. sun, sun, sun here it comes :energetic: .....NOW I HAVE THE SONG EMBEDDED IN MY BRAIN TODAY! LOL

ok, i have to wash and blow dry my hair :blush: I dont want to look like a porcupine tomorrow :lol:

Hugs for everyone :luv: ,

Ayesha (F)

eg-flag1-ss.gifAkramheartbeat.gifAyeshapr-flag1-ss.gif

th_CIMG0624.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I guess I am a freak but I am not big on the pumpkin spice flavor thingys.

however MBP I would be very curious to see that lasagna recipe, pretty much anything that includes butternut squash sounds pretty good to me right off the bat.

Amy that is super cool news, sign me up as 402, I am plagued by hideous seasonal allergies that seem to thrive in every single season.

So I went to the doctor on monday for my now weekly check and my blood pressure was elevated (normally I have pretty low BP) after 37 weeks of a very steady baseline. My doc rechecked it 3 times while I was there and then said she wanted me back Thursday morning to check again. As I was leaving the office she said, "if its gone up at ALL from monday to thursday you are having a baby this weekend!" So this could end up being a big day here in our house :) I go in 2 hours so I'll keep you posted, maybe we are on the countdown for the next MENA baby around here :P

Have a great thursday everyone!

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

I guess I am a freak but I am not big on the pumpkin spice flavor thingys.

however MBP I would be very curious to see that lasagna recipe, pretty much anything that includes butternut squash sounds pretty good to me right off the bat.

I will definately look for it. It was sooo good. One of my favorties along this same line is butter nut squash ravioli. I can buy that at teh market- pricey but sooo good.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.