speaking of breakups...

77 posts in this topic

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yeah, probably moving is going to be the best decision! I think a lot of us have had the screws put on our thumbs by family. And yeah, either they get over it or not, but what matters is how YOU feel. It is YOUR marriage afterall :)

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations! I'm glad you got married. :thumbs:

I'm sorry you are dealing with such nonsupporting family. I think time will bring them around though. You may or may not know about things me and Suj went through to be together, but it was not easy but things have turned out good in the end. My family was supportive here, but his was not, but we went through with it anyway. It was very stressful for him and heartbreaking at the time. Now after him being here and us being married over 3 years, things have gotten a whole lot better and there are no bad feelings anymore. Unfortunately I still have not been able to meet my in laws, but hopefully will sometime after the baby is born. It is a weird feeling not have meeting the family of your husband, but now I do look forward to it. If our story has a good ending with unsupportive family(in a very very traditional society-India) then I am sure yours will too, it just takes time and patience.

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

b8358e33e3cc9595413c066f319539e6.gif

Good luck with your future & making your OWN life with your new husband!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so happy for you. (F) (F) (F)

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats on your wedding. I hope that deciding to be with the love of your life will supercede any money! What is money if you are miserable because you made the biggest mistake of your life?

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I'd dump em off. Just take a look inside, and follow your instinct & gut feeling.

You're usually right.

I know I was - lol - but I didn't listen to myself. But who knows! I ended up in a better position (maybe) by not listening to myself ... so, you never know.

( I'm no help at all, I just said either way is right ... DOH! Sorry. )

But truthfully, an a*s family is just that - a*s. Don't be afraid to pick up and leave if needed. Sounds like prejudice is showing through quite nicely - the *entire* world is better off staying away from people who choose to be that way.

I'm one who would point that right out to them - and tell them up front: "If you're that shallow where you can not see deeper than your own prejudices, I believe it's best that I keep as far away from you as possible. I'll see you again when you decide to change yourself for the better."

Edited by KyanWan

The moral of my story: Stick with someone who matches your own culture.

( This coming from an Arab who married an Arab from overseas... go figure. )

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

sorry to hear that, coming to Morocco is not a good idea because of k1 and if you come here you have to get married and go back to US and you will have the same problem with you family and maybe you will have problem with his family too, you said that you love him and you want to leave everything for him,your family your country and everything but does he love you? it s big question, i don t want to talk about him because i don t know him so it s you who must know everything if he really loves you and he wants to stay with you forever and not only for the green card, i m moroccain and i know how they think but please take your time and know him more and more then you can decide you still have time, tell me he is from Casa and how old are you ? let me know if you need to know something about Morocco and i wish you good luck .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Way to follow your heart - Congratulations and I wish you and your Husband much much happiness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

I hope you will be able to find a road that is better for you soon. If going back to NY (u didsay NY didn't you??) then do it Whatever t takes to make your lives stable again is what you're going to have to do. I wish you both the best of luck and much much much happiness.

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:dance: Congratulations!! I'm so happy you decided to get married!! I hope the best for you two and that your family comes around soon! :)

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Congrats, you two!

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.