Beauty for Ashes

Bullies on the Mena boards

Bullying on the mena boards  

23 members have voted

1. 1. yes

• no
    • maybe

22 posts in this topic

They are not bullies just because they didn't like your Irish nostalgia poem.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Sorry messed up the form.. I wanted to know if you think that bullying exists on the mena boards

a little better, it's a no or maybe this time.

i'd vote yes if it was an option.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

well i hate it would have been nice... the other comments werent

LOL

What is the difference between saying "I'm scared" and "I hate it"? Or saying it is disturbing? It all pretty much leads down to the same road of not liking the poem.

Your comment to brnidokiegurl was also out line which is what Angel commented on. You next comment (also out of line) called every reunited woman in MENA a nasty witch and a hag.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I agree with Charles I would have voted yes too, however voted maybe. I am not sure that bullying is the intent. I believe each and every person on here is well-intended....At times it is how the person chooses to words the comment. It's all about language.......you can still be confrontive or challenging and do this in a gentle way. These are really based on personality and a person's tendency to use particular skills in communication - IMHO. Of course I am obtaining my Masters Degree in MH Counseling (many skills are taught and practiced in open communication and dialogue, empatheic listening, validating ones feelings...etc...and all of these skills are important I believe to relationships and communication) and I am a Social Worker for almost a decade (YIKES), so communication for me is key.... If I need to confront a client and do it in such a way as to offend that person, well then my message is lost on my tactics...however if I use gentle confrontation....my message is conveyed in such a way that is respectful, empathetic...and when done properly the other person receives the intended message...IMHO - - - that is my two cents..............and I hope that this makes sense to all....

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

YES

YES

YES

YES

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: Timeline

well i hate it would have been nice... the other comments werent

LOL

What is the difference between saying "I'm scared" and "I hate it"? Or saying it is disturbing? It all pretty much leads down to the same road of not liking the poem.

Your comment to brnidokiegurl was also out line which is what Angel commented on. You next comment (also out of line) called every reunited woman in MENA a nasty witch and a hag.

actually the 221 comment was more as a general comment and a real fear of mine...not really towards her

Sorry messed up the form.. I wanted to know if you think that bullying exists on the mena boards

a little better, it's a no or maybe this time.

i'd vote yes if it was an option.

well we are at 66 percent as a maybe. Sorry I only put maybe and no

YES

YES

YES

YES

8 maybe and 4 no says that someone is seeing it besides me.... I dont know about you water is wide but I just miss my husband so much and I wanna see him and I actually just wanted to share a poem that I had written 2 years ago.. I did not think it sucked that bad ... but gotta test public opinion LOL

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I would vote yes, and part of the reason why I think it happens is because some people's reading comprehension is lacking, they don't get what is posted and go off making assumptions. It's clear that there is room for improvement there.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

no offense taken....i always remember when i first started here, alot of fighting, threads closed everyday sometimes every hour on the hour and sure i was in the middle of it and so was green and others..people suspended all the time. But the one thing that was always comment on was YOUR NEW YOU JUST DONT UNDERSTAND THE BACKGROUND etc etc well guess what a year or more later others are new and they just dont get it..how ironic.. if not agreeing and bowing down to everyone all the time is bullying then yes... the new ones will continue to learn and the old ones will just sit back and laugh and say yes i remember the day when.......

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

There is no other vote for me, it would have to be YES. Since I can't vote, yes I didn't vote, but please count one more yes for my vote. The reason I vote yes, is I have been bullied so many times by a few people that act like they know everything. It's like they decide they want to disagree with everything I say. I am only trying to help and the people that know me, know I am a good person. But I know God and the ones that really matter know the truth, the others are just hurting themselves and others by trying to bully on visa journey and they make this not as good of a website as it could be.

Paula

Filed: Timeline
There is no other vote for me, it would have to be YES. Since I can't vote, yes I didn't vote, but please count one more yes for my vote. The reason I vote yes, is I have been bullied so many times by a few people that act like they know everything. It's like they decide they want to disagree with everything I say. I am only trying to help and the people that know me, know I am a good person. But I know God and the ones that really matter know the truth, the others are just hurting themselves and others by trying to bully on visa journey and they make this not as good of a website as it could be.

Paula

well we are at 11 maybes and 5 nos ( maybe means yes I think)

Um.. I think other people are agreeing with me.... And no they DONT know everything... And yes you have the right to post and be a part of things without a lecture

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.