dazzler

may filer, any hopes of christmas in the US

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I spoke to a guy at the london embassy yesterday and he said it should take around 4 weeks for them to recieve our petition, my fiancee talked to the USCIS as we need to change a address on the petition and they said it had left for the NVC and we should expect them to have it in a week or two, but it would be hard to catch it there to change the address. So i think we are gonna try calling every few days to see if we can catch it there, i dont want changing the address at london to slow down the process at all.

What do i need for packets 3 and 4? i have the forms DS-156 and DS-157 filled out, plus the I-i34, i know i need to take a medical examine, and get a police background check, can i apply for them now? or is it best to wait?

As everyone else in our situation must feel right now, we feel so close yet so far, this bit seems to be the most painful.

good luck us, and everyone else

Apply for the police cert immediately!!!!!! It takes up to 40 days to receive it, so you don't want that slowing you down. For London, the police cert is good for 12 months. So, if you get packet 3 before you have the police cert, still check t off on the checklist that the item is complete. I would be shocked if your interview was scheduled before you receive it.

oh shoot, ok didnt realise that would take so long, though that seems to be happening with most steps of this visa, i shall go to the police station tomorrow, thats what i need to do right? dont want to sound like an idiot

Date I-129F Sent : 17th May 07

Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt) : 29th May 07

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 10th October 07

Police Check Request Sent: 18th October 07

Date Package Received By NVC : 16th November 07

Date Package Left From NVC : 21st November 07

Police Check Received: 26th November 07

Packet 3 Sent from Consular: 26th November 07

Packet 3 Received: ???? Sent to Wrong Address (forms and medical already prepared, printed checklist online and returned)

Packet 3 Returned: 6th December 07

Packet 3 Received at Embassy: 7th December 07

Medical Exam London: 17th December 07

Interview Date: 2nd January 08 APPROVED!!! :-)

Fly to JFK: 16th January 08

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I spoke to a guy at the london embassy yesterday and he said it should take around 4 weeks for them to recieve our petition, my fiancee talked to the USCIS as we need to change a address on the petition and they said it had left for the NVC and we should expect them to have it in a week or two, but it would be hard to catch it there to change the address. So i think we are gonna try calling every few days to see if we can catch it there, i dont want changing the address at london to slow down the process at all.

What do i need for packets 3 and 4? i have the forms DS-156 and DS-157 filled out, plus the I-i34, i know i need to take a medical examine, and get a police background check, can i apply for them now? or is it best to wait?

As everyone else in our situation must feel right now, we feel so close yet so far, this bit seems to be the most painful.

good luck us, and everyone else

Apply for the police cert immediately!!!!!! It takes up to 40 days to receive it, so you don't want that slowing you down. For London, the police cert is good for 12 months. So, if you get packet 3 before you have the police cert, still check t off on the checklist that the item is complete. I would be shocked if your interview was scheduled before you receive it.

oh shoot, ok didnt realise that would take so long, though that seems to be happening with most steps of this visa, i shall go to the police station tomorrow, thats what i need to do right? dont want to sound like an idiot

yep, go to your local constabulary with identification and 10 quid, if I am not mistaken. They have a form there for you to fill out. If you search the UK forum you can find a lot more specific info there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

great, thats my lunch break tomorrow sorted

Date I-129F Sent : 17th May 07

Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt) : 29th May 07

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 10th October 07

Police Check Request Sent: 18th October 07

Date Package Received By NVC : 16th November 07

Date Package Left From NVC : 21st November 07

Police Check Received: 26th November 07

Packet 3 Sent from Consular: 26th November 07

Packet 3 Received: ???? Sent to Wrong Address (forms and medical already prepared, printed checklist online and returned)

Packet 3 Returned: 6th December 07

Packet 3 Received at Embassy: 7th December 07

Medical Exam London: 17th December 07

Interview Date: 2nd January 08 APPROVED!!! :-)

Fly to JFK: 16th January 08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.