Vann

Advice on my fiance's travel into America

24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I didn't want to go out just to purchased itinerary so my SO did the booking for me at Philippines airlines (http://www.philippineairlines.com)No one give me any hassles.

It was peak season from March and April and all the travel agents I contacted says fully booked so I tried to book direct to Philippine Airlines yes they can put you at any date you like but the problem they don't have connecting flight if you didnt buy the ticket to a travel agent. PAL only fly Manila to LAX and San Francisco. Besides the price was doubly high. The PAL customer service agent says they recommend you use travel agent so you can ask for discounts. E-ticket is now commonly use for international flights in NAIA.

Travel agents are all over the Philippines specially in the malls. Make sure she demand No connecting flights as much as possible specially if she will travel alone.

Lily

myspace.com profile

Friendster profile

POE LAX --------------- APRIL 29,2007 / JAX, Florida APRIL 30,2007

MARRIED -------------- JUNE 18,2007

AOS SENT ------------- JULY 10,2007 - via DHL courier service

AOS RECEIVED ------- JULY 11,2007(day 1)

NOA1------------------- JULY 18,2007 (day 7)

BIOMETRICS ---------- AUGUST 13,2007 (day 26)

INTERVIEW-------------SEPTEMBER 25,2007.....10:30AM (day 69)

GREEN CARD APPROVED exactly 69 days ~~~~~~SEPTEMBER 25,2007

Card Ordered for Prod'n ---------SEPTEMBER 28,2007 (email from USCIS CRIS)

Welcome Letter (E-mail & Snail Mail)---------------OCTOBER 03,2007

Green Card Received via snail mail ~~~~~~~ OCTOBER 05,2007 (79 DAYS)

SSN Approved ---------NOVEMBER 05,2007

SS Card Received -----NOVEMBER 19,2007 via snail mail

THANK YOU VISA JOURNEY !!!

Yes, you can be turned back on a tourist visa, but for the most part, the reasons why are not issues with a K-1 visa.

The issue with you purchasing her ticket is that they require the credit card used to purchase the ticket during check in. Which would be fine if you were traveling with her. But since you wont be, you may have to send her the money to purchase a ticket from the Philippines. Sometimes this is the cheapest option anyway.

Is this a Phillipines-specific problem? Because whenever I've flown with an e-ticket, they've used the credit card or the passport swipe to verify my ID, but there was no transaction at that point. Or I've headed to the counter and handed them my passport. I don't think the purchaser has to match the name of the passenger (or else children could never fly.)

In which case, as long as he books the ticket in her name and pays for it, when she shows ID to check in, she'll be fine. If it's cheaper for her to buy it there, that might make sense.

No its the airline, and it may vary. Some require that you have the credit card used to purchase the ticket at check in.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Vann!

I bought my ticket from my travel agent in the Philippines last April and it cost us USD 895.00 plus Php 1620.00 travel tax. My route was MANILA to LAX then LAX to Jacksonville and I used Philippine Airlines and Delta. I entered with K1 Visa without any problem. LAX POE interview was very smooth. They usually asked same questions as the Manila USE interview. That's my experienced till my AOS interview.

I suggest let her buy the ticket in the Philippines because its much cheaper. Just tell her to search for at least 3 travel agents and compare the prices.

Relax :) her visa is good for 6 months so its ok you have lots of time to prepare for her homecoming.

God Bless

Lily

Thanks for your help! I noticed by your timeline your arrival in the US was April and you said you bought the ticket in April. What date did you buy it? I'm asking because my baby is coming at the end of January and she probably won't be able to buy the ticket until the end of December. I'm just worried about cost differences in waiting a month or less before the flight.

Thank you very much!

December 5, 2005: We met online and our lives changed--instant connection, became best friends

May 15, 2006: She is put on temporary hold from her job and asks me if I could hold on for her in the event she didn't get the job back. I said "yes, of course" and she finally proclaimed her love to me and admitted she'd loved me since February.

September 25, 2006: I land in Manila airport and rush into my baby's arms for the first time. We were both surprised to realise we were NOT nervous.

September 25, 2006: Our first kiss :P

September 27, 2006: I proposed to her in person and she accepted! :)

December 20, 2006: Mailed I-129 K1 petition to Texas service Center

January 15, 2007: Petition returned to me rejected :/ (placed wrong amount on check--duh!)

Febrary 10, 2007: Resubmitted the petition adding updated info pages and a CORRECT check

February 26, 2007: NOA1

May 28, 2007: I land in Manila on our anniversary and we feel whole and complete yet again :)

June 20, 2007: NOA2 which said it would take six months for an interview (Dunno why it said that)

August 4, 2007: My baby receives Packet 4 unexpectedly out of nowhere--the frantic cramming begins

August 23, 2007: Frantically prepared documents FedExed

August 30, 2007: My baby has a long two days at St. Lukes but checks out fine! :)

September 6, 2007: Interview date: after 8 agonising hours--APPROVED!!! :D

September 6, 2007: Plans for her arrival in January 2008 for our wedding are established! :)

January 28, 2008: Marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for your help, everyone! I feel a lot better now! :)

December 5, 2005: We met online and our lives changed--instant connection, became best friends

May 15, 2006: She is put on temporary hold from her job and asks me if I could hold on for her in the event she didn't get the job back. I said "yes, of course" and she finally proclaimed her love to me and admitted she'd loved me since February.

September 25, 2006: I land in Manila airport and rush into my baby's arms for the first time. We were both surprised to realise we were NOT nervous.

September 25, 2006: Our first kiss :P

September 27, 2006: I proposed to her in person and she accepted! :)

December 20, 2006: Mailed I-129 K1 petition to Texas service Center

January 15, 2007: Petition returned to me rejected :/ (placed wrong amount on check--duh!)

Febrary 10, 2007: Resubmitted the petition adding updated info pages and a CORRECT check

February 26, 2007: NOA1

May 28, 2007: I land in Manila on our anniversary and we feel whole and complete yet again :)

June 20, 2007: NOA2 which said it would take six months for an interview (Dunno why it said that)

August 4, 2007: My baby receives Packet 4 unexpectedly out of nowhere--the frantic cramming begins

August 23, 2007: Frantically prepared documents FedExed

August 30, 2007: My baby has a long two days at St. Lukes but checks out fine! :)

September 6, 2007: Interview date: after 8 agonising hours--APPROVED!!! :D

September 6, 2007: Plans for her arrival in January 2008 for our wedding are established! :)

January 28, 2008: Marriage

Timeline

When i booked my flight with PAL, the first thing i asked them is ,what is the lowest price that i can get and when it will be available. They gave me a lowest price of $748 (including the travel tax and other taxes). The date that i chose was fully booked so they put me in waiting list, after 2 days they call me and informed me that the schedule is confirmed and i can go ahead and purchase the ticket. They can put you at any date you want with the price you want, so be sure you have enough time when you book the ticket. My flight is direct (no connecting flight) from Manila to Las Vegas, we had a two hour layover though in Vancouver where the plane refueled and get cleaned up.

I didn't want to go out just to purchased itinerary so my SO did the booking for me at Philippines airlines (http://www.philippineairlines.com)No one give me any hassles.

It was peak season from March and April and all the travel agents I contacted says fully booked so I tried to book direct to Philippine Airlines yes they can put you at any date you like but the problem they don't have connecting flight if you didnt buy the ticket to a travel agent. PAL only fly Manila to LAX and San Francisco. Besides the price was doubly high. The PAL customer service agent says they recommend you use travel agent so you can ask for discounts. E-ticket is now commonly use for international flights in NAIA.

Travel agents are all over the Philippines specially in the malls. Make sure she demand No connecting flights as much as possible specially if she will travel alone.

Lily

PAL flys to and from Honolulu also. Wife and anak just flew to Manila today. $900 and $ 800 RT. Only booked the flight 2 weeks ago!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline
Hi Vann!

I bought my ticket from my travel agent in the Philippines last April and it cost us USD 895.00 plus Php 1620.00 travel tax. My route was MANILA to LAX then LAX to Jacksonville and I used Philippine Airlines and Delta. I entered with K1 Visa without any problem. LAX POE interview was very smooth. They usually asked same questions as the Manila USE interview. That's my experienced till my AOS interview.

I suggest let her buy the ticket in the Philippines because its much cheaper. Just tell her to search for at least 3 travel agents and compare the prices.

Relax :) her visa is good for 6 months so its ok you have lots of time to prepare for her homecoming.

God Bless

Lily

Thanks for your help! I noticed by your timeline your arrival in the US was April and you said you bought the ticket in April. What date did you buy it? I'm asking because my baby is coming at the end of January and she probably won't be able to buy the ticket until the end of December. I'm just worried about cost differences in waiting a month or less before the flight.

Thank you very much!

If you bought the ticket a month early I'm sure its less expensive. I am in a waiting list from March and the agent just got the booking a week before I left. Its summer vacation in the Philippines March to June (peak season). They say the cheapest month to travel to USA is February and September. December and January is peak season too because most of balikbayan's wants to spend christmas and new year holiday in PI.

myspace.com profile

Friendster profile

POE LAX --------------- APRIL 29,2007 / JAX, Florida APRIL 30,2007

MARRIED -------------- JUNE 18,2007

AOS SENT ------------- JULY 10,2007 - via DHL courier service

AOS RECEIVED ------- JULY 11,2007(day 1)

NOA1------------------- JULY 18,2007 (day 7)

BIOMETRICS ---------- AUGUST 13,2007 (day 26)

INTERVIEW-------------SEPTEMBER 25,2007.....10:30AM (day 69)

GREEN CARD APPROVED exactly 69 days ~~~~~~SEPTEMBER 25,2007

Card Ordered for Prod'n ---------SEPTEMBER 28,2007 (email from USCIS CRIS)

Welcome Letter (E-mail & Snail Mail)---------------OCTOBER 03,2007

Green Card Received via snail mail ~~~~~~~ OCTOBER 05,2007 (79 DAYS)

SSN Approved ---------NOVEMBER 05,2007

SS Card Received -----NOVEMBER 19,2007 via snail mail

THANK YOU VISA JOURNEY !!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.