one...two...tree

Do You and Your Spouse Have Life Insurance?

Life Insurance  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a life insurance policy on yourself?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you have a life insurance policy on your spouse?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. How much is the death benefit?

• Less than $10,000
    • Less than $50,000
    • Less than $100,000
    • Less than $200,000
    • More than $200,000
    • We have no policy

35 posts in this topic

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Yes we have a will.... we felt it was important to plan for the future.... make provision for my children (husband has no children of his own)... also did not want relatives to have to make decisions about what we wanted to happen to us at the time of our death....

Kez

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:yes:

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

We both have life insurance, as for a will, no we dont as of yet.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

No life insurance, but plan to have in the near future. As for a will, well we will decide on that later.

[color=#800080]AOS

Lawyer sent Aos package 07-27-2007

Medical 08-01-2007

Check cashed -08-23-2007

NOA - 08-27-2007

Biometrics scheduled - 09-12-2007

Biometrics for EAD and AOS 09-12-2007

Received RFE for medical and co-sponsor tax returns

(Tax returns were sent) also letter from employer

needed, and last 6 months pay stubs.

RFE: 09-11-2007

Sent RFE back to lawyer 10-10-2007

EAD card production ordered 06-11-2007

EAD received 17-11-2007

Interview date for 01-08-2008[/color]

Approved! Card Production ordered 01-08-2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't know the answer for the last one, but we both have life insurance. No will, don't know if it's necessary.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

No will. I get life insurance for myself as a benefit at work. I should have voted "less than 200K", but I voted "less than 100K" by accident. They also offer life insurance for your spouse for a pretty nominal amount, so I might get that during my next open enrollment.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Andre and I both have life insurance on each other. We do not have a will. We did just fill out paperwork last week for Advanced Directive & Durable Power of Attorney. This kind of freaked Andre out. He just got life insurance through his job October 1st, and a week later, I am asking him to fill out paperwork as to his wishes if he were to be incapacitated. He's like "when are you planning on trying to kill me?"

I believe it is important. Especially important now that we are still just starting our lives together and his is establishing himself here. If something were to happen to me, I want to make sure he is secure until he can figure it all out on his own.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a policy that I have had since my mid-twenties, J has group life insurance through work (which has a low crappy payout, we will be upgrading to a private policy when a bit more debt has been paid off). We both have wills (used them as part of our I-751 evidence, actually), because it is important to start thinking about and planning things if something happens to either of us.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have a policy that I have had since my mid-twenties, J has group life insurance through work (which has a low crappy payout, we will be upgrading to a private policy when a bit more debt has been paid off). We both have wills (used them as part of our I-751 evidence, actually), because it is important to start thinking about and planning things if something happens to either of us.

Another reason why we filled out the AD's.......next August we file for the 10 year GC.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

He has it through work, and I have it through my malpractice insurance (although no one really knows how much apart from me- Guess I am paranoid-LOL)

I do have a will, which actually needs updating !!! :help:

Mr. B literally REFUSES to write a will or discuss anything pertaining to death-which in my opinion is quite stupid-especially if something were to happen to him. I fear there would be a LOAD of nonsense between his family and myself with regard to arrangements.

My 1st husband did the same thing, and unfortunately died in an auto accident. He wanted to be cremated, but would not write it down or tell anyone else in his family. As a result, his family went by traditional Jewish protocol and he was buried in a Jewish cemetary. No one would listen to me at the time, and I simply did not have the strength or b*lls at my young age of 22 to argue with them. I still visit him on occasion, and it makes me sad that his wishes were not heard.

Rose

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I believe it is important. Especially important now that we are still just starting our lives together and his is establishing himself here. If something were to happen to me, I want to make sure he is secure until he can figure it all out on his own.

:yes: This is what I've been thinking. God forbid I should die soon, but if I did, my company has life insurance for me, but I don't think it's enough to help keep Jinky afloat and survive on her own.