Peikko

What should happen to agriculture in the US?

76 posts in this topic

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

welfare contributes a big deal man, back when I was in eastern NC, i remember this crackheads who would send their kids to school to get the checks, cuz a requirement is that ur kid should be in a school to get the money.. and to make it worse, those same kids had to work night shifts and mcdonalds or somehitng cuz the parents would spend it on booze or crack.. it's sad.. some kids just won't get the opportunity to advance, just because lousy parents..

another factor is as you say, the ideas of easy money by becoming an athlete or a singer, just made a generation of lazy kids who don't know how to earn a wage

I just do not know what happened in America to see so many younger people with this I am too good for this job attitude. There are a lot of issues like that which are not being addressed. This ghettoizing of so many cities is what America should be talking about. ###### gay rights, war on terror or any other ####### when the nations capital, like many cities, looks the way it does. The biggest problem seems to be the attitude instilled in so many people. And to be honest I do not know how someone can tackle or change that. Pride for work and pride for one's nation has gone out the window. If some cannot get a quick fix now, the simply do not bother trying.

Well, good luck with that one, in the meantime, the crops go unpicked.

Well let them rot away. Maybe then people will wake up and realize that athletes and entertainers are not going to feed us.

Edited by Boo-Yah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
welfare contributes a big deal man, back when I was in eastern NC, i remember this crackheads who would send their kids to school to get the checks, cuz a requirement is that ur kid should be in a school to get the money.. and to make it worse, those same kids had to work night shifts and mcdonalds or somehitng cuz the parents would spend it on booze or crack.. it's sad.. some kids just won't get the opportunity to advance, just because lousy parents..

another factor is as you say, the ideas of easy money by becoming an athlete or a singer, just made a generation of lazy kids who don't know how to earn a wage

I just do not know what happened in America to see so many younger people with this I am too good for this job attitude. There are a lot of issues like that which are not being addressed. This ghettoizing of so many cities is what America should be talking about. ###### gay rights, war on terror or any other ####### when the nations capital, like many cities, looks the way it does. The biggest problem seems to be the attitude instilled in so many people. And to be honest I do not know how someone can tackle or change that. Pride for work and pride for one's nation has gone out the window. If some cannot get a quick fix now, the simply do not bother trying.

Well, good luck with that one, in the meantime, the crops go unpicked.

Well let them get destroyed. Maybe then people will wake up and realize that athletes and entertainers are not going to feed us.

i guess it's that famous sense of entitlement.. but i really don't know where the kids are getting that sh!t, i guess its tv

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
However lazy you may think these people are for not taking up this agricultural opportunity you don't seem to be able to put forward a workable plan on how you are intending to persuade these people to take it up. Not that it's up to you to do so, but my point is, while this may or may not be correct it doesn't solve the current crisis.

So while the debate goes on these crops go unpicked and the problem remains.

First of all the crops will NOT go unpicked, the labor force is there. If farmers like other employers offer adequate pay & benefits and marekt to rural uneducated Americans I don't see why these jobs can't be done. I also see a need for immigrant workers brought in on a specific TEMPorary Worker Visa Program. That limits their stay to a seasonal period and they must return to their country of origin and reapply each season, making way for other individuals to work those jobs and making way for other immigranst from various countries to work these jobs.

The Applaication fees should be reasonable maybe subsidized by the farmers. In addition thorough background checks should be done to ensure that intending guest workers have no criminal history. A bill that opens up a Guest worker program should indicate this is NO more than a temporary Visa Program for seasonal Labor work force. No family sponsorship and Visa is limited to a certain amount of time determined by the seasonal needs of the crop. Upon expiation of the Visa wrker retruns to country of origin no extensions should be granted unless medical emergency arises.

Any individual who overstays the Temp. Visa SHould have Deportation orders submitted and carried out expiditiously.

Now we all know the above would only occur in our dreams, & Our federal Govt. woul dnever enforce Visa Expirations so there fore a Guest worker program is NOT possible!

gewelcome-vi.gif

3dflagsdotcom_japan_2faws-vi.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:Like you all, I am not an attorney ; I am a layperson (I have laid a lot of persons ) My advice is based on Experience obtained by filing ourselves

AOS met in Japan 1994 married 10/2004

DO:Los Angeles,Ca.

6/17/06 Forms Sent (I-130, I-485, and I-765)

6/19/06 RD I-130,I-485, I-765

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

7/15/06 Biometrics complete Day 22

8/4/06 Interview Notice Rcvd Day 42

9/9/06 EAD Card Received :)Day 78

9/13/06 SS Card Received :)Day 82

9/27/06 AOS Interview Los Angeles APPROVED LPR Day 96

12/04/06 Welcome To the United States Letter received

12/08/06 Green Card Received- expires 12/2016

So, I made the story up then?

Meanwhile, while you argue the toss, the crops remain unpicked.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Let them. Maybe next season the farmers that relied upon an illegal work force will think better of it. We can still get our food from imports. People will not go hungry.

i guess it's that famous sense of entitlement.. but i really don't know where the kids are getting that sh!t, i guess its tv

Which is coupled with this we are too good for it or we are invincible attitude; which comes from their parents or lack of.. Thanks to some parents, kids have also become a little to big for their boots. I had a punk ### deliberately bump into me the other day and then turn around and gave me the what what attitude and laughed with his grunge friends. Little did he know I am not some suit wearing college boy. So I grabbed him by his little bloody neck and long hair and dared him to do it again. At 17 I would not have the nerve to do that to an adult. I hear these sort of stories all the time from teachers.

Edited by Boo-Yah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

True, people will not go hungry, but once a farmer quits, it's pretty often the case that the farm land will never again be used for food production. So, you think that it's a good thing that these crops are no longer produced in the US?

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Let them. Maybe next season the farmers that relied upon an illegal work force will think better of it. We can still get our food from imports. People will not go hungry.

:thumbs:

There is a greater crisis in our school and health care systems that warrants more attention and more outcry than "the crisis of unpicked crops"

Farmers will get their crops picked becasue they will not lwet anything stand in the way of them making a profit, The Govt. will step in and subsidize them as they do now.

People Will Not go hungry and American Tax payers will pay more for produce the same way as they pay more for gas & Health care & Auto insurance.

The amount of many Illegals COST The Tax payers would be enough to subsidize farms in the area to avoid "THE GREAT CROP CRISIS" :help: ( that can be the next Stephen King Novel. :blink:

gewelcome-vi.gif

3dflagsdotcom_japan_2faws-vi.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:Like you all, I am not an attorney ; I am a layperson (I have laid a lot of persons ) My advice is based on Experience obtained by filing ourselves

AOS met in Japan 1994 married 10/2004

DO:Los Angeles,Ca.

6/17/06 Forms Sent (I-130, I-485, and I-765)

6/19/06 RD I-130,I-485, I-765

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

7/15/06 Biometrics complete Day 22

8/4/06 Interview Notice Rcvd Day 42

9/9/06 EAD Card Received :)Day 78

9/13/06 SS Card Received :)Day 82

9/27/06 AOS Interview Los Angeles APPROVED LPR Day 96

12/04/06 Welcome To the United States Letter received

12/08/06 Green Card Received- expires 12/2016

True, people will not go hungry, but once a farmer quits, it's pretty often the case that the farm land will never again be used for food production. So, you think that it's a good thing that these crops are no longer produced in the US?

Some farmers are milking the subsidies while using cheap illegal immigrant labor. Therefore the US taxpayer is funding their wealth creation. I would like to see these guys closed down.

They won't quit. Most farms are owned by a big business' now anyway. They will figure out that this particular way of reducing costs has gone away and will adjust.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

well u're kinda right... food is not exactly a very elastic product demandwise.. but are Americans willing to pay more for produce? gas and electricity are necessary, but out of the basic produce (corn, wheat, etc), we really don't NEED them..

and Gary, getting all the produce outside the States, that's not a good idea, it happened in MExico, and Mexico's farm is ###### up man.. gettin almost all the food from imports is not the best idea when you can produce that produce (LOL) locally

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Only plant what you can harvest! Seems rather simple really.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Ah, we have an answer, Boo-Yah is in favour of outsourcing food production. Would that be all food production, or just these types of crops?

I am not sure that I ever said anything about the great food crop crisis. Maybe I did. Maybe there are other more important things to worry about. Maybe being able to produce apples and other such fruit and vegetables is indeed a luxury that the US can't afford.

well u're kinda right... food is not exactly a very elastic product demandwise.. but are Americans willing to pay more for produce? gas and electricity are necessary, but out of the basic produce (corn, wheat, etc), we really don't NEED them..

and Gary, getting all the produce outside the States, that's not a good idea, it happened in MExico, and Mexico's farm is ###### up man.. gettin almost all the food from imports is not the best idea when you can produce that produce (LOL) locally

It will only be for this season. When the farmers understand the slave labor they were used to is gone they will make provisions to have legal workers for the next harvest.