marieke

nvc - wrong address

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I changed my address when i moved from London to Holland 2 months ago. The p**** didnt register this right so now the NVC has send my petition to London on october 1st! We recieved the letter stating this today! This week i was aready wondering about it and had called london to check, the lady on the phon 'couldnt' help me and gave me an email address to write them. that came back 'unread' and said they couldnt help me via email! thomas tried calling the NVC but its a holiday so no answer. i emailed the embassy in amsterdam,. what else can i do? worst case it goes to my old house which was in the hostel where i worked. it would be safe there but i really dont want a delay.

anyway this was also to write away my frustration.

thanks

I changed my address when i moved from London to Holland 2 months ago. The p**** didnt register this right so now the NVC has send my petition to London on october 1st! We recieved the letter stating this today! This week i was aready wondering about it and had called london to check, the lady on the phon 'couldnt' help me and gave me an email address to write them. that came back 'unread' and said they couldnt help me via email! thomas tried calling the NVC but its a holiday so no answer. i emailed the embassy in amsterdam,. what else can i do? worst case it goes to my old house which was in the hostel where i worked. it would be safe there but i really dont want a delay.

anyway this was also to write away my frustration.

thanks

Where do you have your citizenship? Is it UK or Netherlands?

keTiiDCjGVo

netherlands.

i just lived in london for 5 years and moved back the end of july.

I suppose you had permanent residency in the UK, and thats what was put on the form. Changing that after the form was sent isn't easy to do.

You have to talk with the NVC to have the case sent from the UK to the Netherlands. They are not open on weekends, and often quite busy during the day. Your best bet is to try to call them in the morning after they open, or later in the evening.

keTiiDCjGVo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.