tomtart

Desperately need to work

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Sounds like you were given wrong info about working..... a K3 visa is not work authorized.. to get work authorized you need to file for EAD (employment authorization document) you can do this in two ways.... you can file for just the EAD and pay $340 for an EAD that is valid for the remainder of your K3 or you can file for EAD along with AOS and pay $1010.00.... both options will take about 90 days to be approved... then you will be able to get a SSN and then start working....

The K3 visa is a multi entry visa and is good for 2 years so if you do have to return home you can use it again to come back to the US....

Kez

Kez

Can you leave and return on a 3 WITHOUT filing for either the EAD or AOS???

Ideally I think we would file the EAD only, then I would go back to blighty and work for a while until that's been processed and then return to the US to work...... then later down the line file for the AOS...

Thanks

Rich

Yes you can leave and return as often as you want to while your K3 is valid.... as other have pointed out if you file for EAD and/or AOS you will be called to attend a biometrics appointment so unless you want the added cost of an extra flight back to the US keep that in mind....

Kez

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline
If anyone can help on this I will be so grateful.....

I am a UK citizen married my US wife in UK in July 2004. I have recently entered US on K3 spousal visa and been issued with I94.

We were led to believe that I could work as soon as I entered the US. My wife is a singer / actress.

I need to be working immediately..... I have now been told that I have to file my AOS and EAD and it will take upto 90 days for this to go through.

Can anyone advise if there is a way that I can get EAD very quickly?

How long does this process REALLY take....???

If I cannot sort something out very soon my wife and I will have to seperate and I will have to return to the UK to work. With a K3 being a "one entry only" visa I do not know if our marriage will survive the time it will take to re apply....

Please, PLEASE, if someone can help me out here we are in urgent need of help

Thanks in advance

Richard

We just filed for EAD without an approved P2 for I-130

Even went through Biometrics just to be denied..........

Reason given was no approved I-130 for K3.......

K-3 is a pain in the ASH on many levels. What is the hold up on the I-130?

little white guy where is your timeline? Curoious as to your timeline. Yours: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=20268 :time:

Hey Dan...Remember ya from CFL.

Scotty had timeline beamed up,

transporter seems was a bad day,

DNA got sent to the Borg so its kinda

like here I sit broken hearted, came to

s*&(t but only farted.......................

Hey have ya seen that ice road trucker show?

Edited by little white guy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.