Carlawarla

VJ Supper Get-together St. Louis, MO

166 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hope everyone can make it. I did a search on people who put St. Louis as a local office and sent them a message about viewing this post. There is are a couple of people in Illinois who I've messaged as well that were interested in a get together.

Think Gary and Luz are from Peoria? That would be probably 3 hours from St. Louis. That would be a long way to come for supper, but we'd love to have them if they could make it!!!

If anyone else knows anyone, extend the invitation.

Carla (F)

I rarely post here, but browe through topics daily and me along with many others the filed in St. Louis have never had a PM from anyone. :crying: There will be at least 10 people that I know of that would have joined the event, but since it seemed like an invite only, will not be coming. I hope you all have a great time. Maybe we need to have a MENA meetup for those that are nearby?

Edited by Zoloft Needed

8-7-06 Visa received after 6 months of AR

9-1-06 AOS sent

9-20-06 Biometrics

3-5-07 AOS Approved

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope everyone can make it. I did a search on people who put St. Louis as a local office and sent them a message about viewing this post. There is are a couple of people in Illinois who I've messaged as well that were interested in a get together.

Think Gary and Luz are from Peoria? That would be probably 3 hours from St. Louis. That would be a long way to come for supper, but we'd love to have them if they could make it!!!

Carla (F)

I rarely post here, but browe through topics daily and me along with many others the filed in St. Louis have never had a PM from anyone. :crying: There will be at least 10 people that I know of that would have joined the event, but since it seemed like an invite only, will not be coming. I hope you all have a great time. Maybe we need to have a MENA meetup for those that are nearby?

It was an open invitation. The thread itself was the invitation to anyone that wants to join. You are more than welcome.

Filed: Timeline

:pop:

A mena meetup? Better bring armour and ammo for that......... :whistle: Just kidding, I have met up with many from MENA. I have met Kelly (dollface), Dawn & Hatem , Andrea and Faisal, Chantry and Noor........

Hopefully in December I will fly out East to see Dee and doodle and Jenn! if she is not studying.

Meeting VJ'ers is so much fun!

Jackie (F)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Carla (F)

It's pretty hard to figure out exactly who is in the area. She did the best she could. And, if you'll look around this thread, you will find we all come from different regional forums. I'm not sure exactly where you got that it was invite only.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Carla (F)

I am very very hurt by your post, and I'm thinking perhaps the best course of action for myself is that this supper be my "bon voyage" to this site after your really rude comment. I have worked really hard to make sure that my posts have been inclusive, and enthusiastic. I had no idea how I was going to go about this feat of making sure everyone was contacted, so that's why I posted this in the OT section. What I did was send messages to those people who had their local office down as St. Louis. I realized soon after that not everyone had this information listed, and as well, that maybe there was people who wanted to attend that weren't specifically from that local office. I note on YOUR signature, your partner is here and you have no local office listed, AND it states you are in the K-1 process. So please, tell me how I would have known you were in the area?

If you browse regularly, you will know I put out the call for people to attend over a month ago. Are you suggesting that the "at least 10 people", who I didn't PM were from MENA? Are you also suggesting that I deliberately passed them over???? There are people from this site from NO specific country that were invited. There are people who's partners are not even here yet...and yet all and everyone is included. How DARE you suggest that you, or anyone else was excluded when this thread appears in the OT section.

When I'm hurt, I get angry. Perhaps to deflect from the pain in my heart. I'm so soooooooooooo hurt by your comments.

I've also suggested by way of post here earlier that if ANYONE knew ANYONE that would like to come, to invite them.

My head is swimming right now, you've hit me out in left field. I'm so hurt, and so angry...

carlahmsb4.gif

Carla, (((((((hugs)))))))))))

You did a wonderful job in organizing the meet-up for this weekend. I hope you have a great time! Take and post some pics!

As for you not including all of VJ, I usually ONLY post in MENA. I managed to find this thread, and my SO is come and gone. I don't feel you were exclusive at all. So don't you consider leaving this VJ family.

Jackie (F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Carla, (((((((hugs)))))))))))

You did a wonderful job in organizing the meet-up for this weekend. I hope you have a great time! Take and post some pics!

As for you not including all of VJ, I usually ONLY post in MENA. I managed to find this thread, and my SO is come and gone. I don't feel you were exclusive at all. So don't you consider leaving this VJ family.

Jackie (F)

well put. i guess some expect an engraved invitation.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Carla, really, you have to let words roll off your back here in VJ because you really cannot make everyone happy and there will always be someone that will have a rude comment about something. I learned that a long time ago.

My husband and I were going to try to come to the meetup, but I'm having a surprise 40th wedding anniversary party for my parents Saturday and I still have to get loose ends finished at the clinc before we open. I do hope everyone has a great time and I want to see some pictures. ;)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think the user name "Zoloft Needed" really says it all, doesn't it?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Carla (F)

Carla has been doing a fabulous job of arranging this meet up but it is impossible to locate everyone who lives near that locality. I'm sure you were not left out deliberately (in fact I'm positive you weren't) however, I notice that up until this point you didn't have your local office listed nor do you post often (by your own admission) so the chances of you seeing any information regarding this was slim; neither of these facts are anything to do with the people organising this VJ get together. ;)

Carla did everything in her power to locate the people she could and publicize this meet up; she gets full marks for even taking on such a feat. :star:

The thread is an invitation to any VJ'ers who can come. Carla contacted people she knew lived in the area by PM to make sure they would see the thread, that's all. Unfortunately, she has no way to know who ALL the local posters are, not everyone looks on the OT branch regularly, and it would be a bit much to post (and have to keep track of) separate threads on every regional forum on VJ, so it is inevitable that there are going to be people who don't see this. You did see it, so there is no reason for you to feel that you've been excluded or left out even accidentally. You are more than welcome to join us.

This is kind of how I feel trying to arrange a wedding all my relatives can attend.

Oh, and I will be there. I may be a little bit late, probably somewhere between 6 and 6:15.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

my office isn't even listed as st louis and I was contacted...I would have loved to come if it weren't for my friend's bridal shower. I think she did a great job letting people know when and where and I thought everyone was invited from near or far if they wanted to attend. I don't see how someone could think it was invite only.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Hope you guys have fun! :thumbs:

Carla, you have done a great job! :yes:

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Just got back from the doctor. He said I have a typical drug reaction from the antibiotic the dentist perscibed for a tooth abcess.

I look like I have the measles and it may take a week to go away.

I am also on Benadryl which hopefully won't cause me to fall into my food at the dinner................drowsyyyyyyy.........anyway I am still

planing on being there........spots and all ........ :D