Carlawarla

VJ Supper Get-together St. Louis, MO

166 posts in this topic

At this point I will say I will try to come. We would have to drive down from Peoria in the late morning and get settled in at my dads house first. Some weeks I am asked to work on Saturdays but I don't know when those days are until a day or two before. So put me down as a conditional yes.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not at all! I was hoping a few people who said maybe might be back to say for sure. I also sent out about 11 messages to other people, and haven't heard from everyone yet. It's still a "go", even if it's just me and my husband, and the couple of people here that said for sure. I know you're waiting on the venue. The few places I had originally looked at and spoke to somoeone else about weren't really family restaurants. Nothing is set in stone however as to where we're going to be. Again, a lot will depend on how many people are coming. If I know less than 10, that certainly opens it up more as to where we can go. But if say 30 or more were coming, then we'd either have to get a private room, or a place big enough to accomodate a large group.

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
No, not at all! I was hoping a few people who said maybe might be back to say for sure. I also sent out about 11 messages to other people, and haven't heard from everyone yet. It's still a "go", even if it's just me and my husband, and the couple of people here that said for sure. I know you're waiting on the venue. The few places I had originally looked at and spoke to somoeone else about weren't really family restaurants. Nothing is set in stone however as to where we're going to be. Again, a lot will depend on how many people are coming. If I know less than 10, that certainly opens it up more as to where we can go. But if say 30 or more were coming, then we'd either have to get a private room, or a place big enough to accomodate a large group.

Carla (F)

Mylene wants to come and we can leave the kids at home (she okayed that last night) so plan on us being there.

CB

Donnie and Sylvia

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Dang it! I'm bummed again! I couldn't make it to the one in K.C and on Nov 3rd I'm having a surprise 40th anniversary party for my parents. It's in the afternoon though, so depending on the time, I may be able to make it. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We are definately in. Andre & I both asked off for that night.

While not anything too out there, we are looking at more bar/restaurant type places. It would be better to leave the kiddies at home. And, speaking from experience, they get bored easily when a bunch of people are trying to get to know each other.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Latest update: Dinner on 03 November 2007

I've booked us at McGurk's in St. Louis. Here is the website. You can see and download the menu if you'd like. It also has driving directions no matter which end of the city you're coming from. Reservations are at 6:00 pm. They'll be getting a final head count a few days before the dinner, so if anyone is still thinking of coming, I encourage you to do so! Letting me know would be great, so I can give them fairly accurate numbers.

http://www.mcgurks.com/contact.html

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Count me in plus a friend with a Jamaican SO ( currently not active on VJ )............so that makes 3 for us.

Bump

Thanks Omoba...look forward to meeting all of you!

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I couldn't make it.

As it stands right now, I'm scheduled to take my GRE Psychology Subject Exam on November 3rd. The really fun thing about that is my birthday is November 2nd. So I get to take a huge test as a birthday present. Yay me. <_<

All things considered, I'd rather be in St. Louis. Oh well.

Edited by DeadPoolX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sucky!! We'll be in MO for Thanksgiving :( SUCKY MCSUCKY

:crying:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

I know this is a little pathetic since I've lived in the area for almost five years but where should I park for this? I assume it will be on-street parking, but are there any areas I should avoid or any areas to stick to for safety reasons?

It looks like a good choice.

Happy birthday early, Deadpool!

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

I know this is a little pathetic since I've lived in the area for almost five years but where should I park for this? I assume it will be on-street parking, but are there any areas I should avoid or any areas to stick to for safety reasons?

It looks like a good choice.

Happy birthday early, Deadpool!

You're right, there is no parking lots but lots of street parking. It will still be light out when you get there as well. We've been to this restaurant a few times when it's been dark and just parked on any side street. I'm a naive Canadian and think that every place is safe I guess. :lol:

I will ask Gene tonight if there are off limit places and will post.

By the way, I've booked the reservations under "Gene and Carla".

Carla (F)

Sucky!! We'll be in MO for Thanksgiving :( SUCKY MCSUCKY

:crying:

Where are you going to be in MO?! :)

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif