aya*abouelnasr

Duh, Monday

27 posts in this topic

It's rainy here today. It's Columbus Day and I feel like my dept is the only one in Boston working. Traffic was very light though so that's good. We're getting ready for the year end financials and the annual audit so everyone is stressed out.

I have work today too :angry: The rain was so heavy this morning I thought about calling in sick. But by the time I hit snooze 3 times I was awake anyways. The traffic was light on my way to work too :thumbs: ...the only good thing about working when everyone has the day off.

I went up to VT this weekend and met my parents and some aunts, uncles, and cousins at our family's house... we went alpine sliding... SO FUN!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's a night for reflection and prayer and to finish reading the Quran. It's also believed that anything you pray for during this night will come true.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It's Midterm week so I'm not exactally changing out of my sweats this week or doing makeup and hair. I'm like a crazy lady this week. :wacko:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hi everyone -rainy Monday - trying to keep busy at work - I feeling myself getting a little down about no NOA2 yet, so last night I decided to lighten my mood by beginning to pack for my trip - - felt better....anyways I hope that everyone is having a great day -

allousa - Happy Birthday - I feel for you regarding the firsts w/o a parent - this is the month of the 9th anniversary of my Dad's death - wow cant believe its been 9 yrs, and I can certainly recall the first year w/o him - - I hope that the memories that you have can give you some comfort on this day...hugs, Melinda

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Not raining here in So Cal but I do have to work today. When you work for a newspaper there are very few days off. Yuck!

The bummer thing is I only have one week more of vacation I can take but I do not want to take just in case Jack gets his visa. So I come to work every day and some days I get alot done and some days I just pretend to get alot done.

Traffic on Columbus Day: If anyone has been in Egypt during Ramadan, you would have noticed the traffic during iftar is practically nil. This is the ideal time for us to get anything done during this month. Any errand my husband has to run, has to be done at this time. Normally, traffic in Tahrir Square or Ramses Square is horrific. But, he can dash in and out of those areas with no problems right now.

Allousa's Bday/Missing Dad: I am so sorry that you are mourning your dad so intensely right now. (F) I wish I could tell you that it will get easier after a certain point. Everyone's experience is different and everybody spends different amounts of time in the stages of grief. I lost my dad 4 years ago, and I still cry like a baby when I say my prayers or when I think about him. He was my best friend. The person that I think about the most. He was funny, generous, & he was crazy about me. What more could I ask for?? :wub:

I will say that if you can tell stories about him (maybe to your husband or son) and talk to people who have good memories to share with you, you can feel better (how much? I don't know) . I was never very close to my grandmother, but after my dad died, I started to visit her more often and listen to her stories. Not all of the stories were about him, mind you, but she & my dad have the same hands. I loved watching her move her hands cause it would give me little flashbacks of him. She also had some of his same spoken expressions and vocabulary. I could hear him like he was speaking through her. It also helped me to get closer to my grandma. We are penpals, now. :thumbs: Also, after he died, my mom would tell me stories that she didn't tell me as a kid. Stuff about falling in love, etc.....

I hope any of those storytelling or rememberance scenarios will help to ease your pain. And, in the instances where you just break down, I found it is best just to cry & cry & pray & cry. My only semi-comforting thought is that if I love & miss my dad that much, then God promises me that he cares about him infinitely more than I do. So, I feel like I can talk to God about it and my burden can be lifted. Make sense? I hope so. (F)

Good luck Olivia on the midterms.

Everybody else, I hope that you get some great news soon! And, Happy Columbus Day!! :lol:

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Hey Everyone, Im backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

Definitly not happy to be back at work, but nothing I can do about that! How's everyone doing? I missed you guys. (F)

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hey Everyone, Im backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

Definitly not happy to be back at work, but nothing I can do about that! How's everyone doing? I missed you guys. (F)

how was the wedding and honeymoon?

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Hello everyone and Happy Birthday All. IT is nice to have today off. I am not sure that I can be on VJ at work so I read reall fast then get back to work. I have to get ready now and go to my counseling job and see if I need to to any reports or paperwork to catch up on before group tonight. Hope everyone has a great day.

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.