AandLKC

what can we do legally about these delays any suggestions ??

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I think PlatyPius is correct in two ways:

First:

Government departments like Homeland Security and USCIS do not have typical ‘checks and balances’. America has been in a state of ‘national emergency’ for 6 years. Hence, agencies dealing with national security issues answer to nobody.

The only response I’ve heard about from officials in such agencies ‘boils-down’ to: “We are doing everything possible to ‘Keep America Safe’.”

Second:

This forum is a place best used get (and give – like PlatyPius) information and sanity while we endure the painful separation from our loved ones. I, for one, need some help with that (which is why I’m a member).

Each of us can be angry about the status-quo without any help. Turning anger into constructive action is usually one of the best responses. However, attempting to initiate an activist community within VJ into may not be appropriate or effective.

THIS IS WHAT BOTHERS ME

IN TERMS OF NATIONAL SECURITY

TOURIST, H-1 AND STUDENT VISA HOLDERS ARE MORE THREAT TO NATIONAL SECIRITY

A RECENTLY WED WIFE OF AN H-1 VISA HOLDER CAN COME TO U.S RIGHT AFTER THE MARRIAGE... ??

HOW AM I A U.S CITIZED DIFFRENT FROM A H-1 VISA HOLDER ?? ??

ME AS A U.S CITIZEN WILL WORK AND PAY TAX FOR MY ENTIRE LIFE .... I CAN VOTE .....AND BE PART OF THIS GOVERNMENT

AND YET A H-1 VISA HOLDER IS A PERSON WHO IS IN U.S. FOR MAX 10 YEARS ... AND HE/SHE HAS MORE PREFERANCE ..... NO OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD DOES THAT ...

THIS ISSUE CAN BE EASLY SOLVED IF THE ... LOOSEN UP ON DCF FILING POLICY ..... IN INDIA BEFORE JUN 2006 YOU ONLY HAVE TO STAY 60 DAYS TO FILE DCH ..... NOW ITS LIKE 90 + ......

Timeline
I think PlatyPius is correct in two ways:

First:

Government departments like Homeland Security and USCIS do not have typical ‘checks and balances’. America has been in a state of ‘national emergency’ for 6 years. Hence, agencies dealing with national security issues answer to nobody.

The only response I’ve heard about from officials in such agencies ‘boils-down’ to: “We are doing everything possible to ‘Keep America Safe’.”

Second:

This forum is a place best used get (and give – like PlatyPius) information and sanity while we endure the painful separation from our loved ones. I, for one, need some help with that (which is why I’m a member).

Each of us can be angry about the status-quo without any help. Turning anger into constructive action is usually one of the best responses. However, attempting to initiate an activist community within VJ into may not be appropriate or effective.

THIS IS WHAT BOTHERS ME

IN TERMS OF NATIONAL SECURITY

TOURIST, H-1 AND STUDENT VISA HOLDERS ARE MORE THREAT TO NATIONAL SECIRITY

A RECENTLY WED WIFE OF AN H-1 VISA HOLDER CAN COME TO U.S RIGHT AFTER THE MARRIAGE... ??

HOW AM I A U.S CITIZED DIFFRENT FROM A H-1 VISA HOLDER ?? ??

ME AS A U.S CITIZEN WILL WORK AND PAY TAX FOR MY ENTIRE LIFE .... I CAN VOTE .....AND BE PART OF THIS GOVERNMENT

AND YET A H-1 VISA HOLDER IS A PERSON WHO IS IN U.S. FOR MAX 10 YEARS ... AND HE/SHE HAS MORE PREFERANCE ..... NO OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD DOES THAT ...

THIS ISSUE CAN BE EASLY SOLVED IF THE ... LOOSEN UP ON DCF FILING POLICY ..... IN INDIA BEFORE JUN 2006 YOU ONLY HAVE TO STAY 60 DAYS TO FILE DCH ..... NOW ITS LIKE 90 + ......

Actually now the requirement is at least 180 days or 6 months in India.

FORM I-130 PROCESS

Jan. 15, 2007 - Got married in India

Feb. 02, 2007 - Sent Form I-130 via Certified mail

Feb. 05, 2007 - NSC Receives Form I-130

Feb 07, 2007 - NOA-1

Mar. 15, 2007 - Touched

April. 11, 2007 - Touched

April 17, 2007- Approved!!

May 01, 2007- Touched

NVC Processing of I-130

April 27, 2007- Received by NVC

May 14, 2007- IV Bill and AOS fee bill Generated

May 22, 2007- Sent AOS fee bill

May 27, 2007- Received AOS fee bill in mail

June 11, 2007- Received I-864 package in mail

June 14, 2007- Still no IV bill. Called NVC so that they can resend it.

June 18, 2007- Sent completed I-864 package

June 22, 2007- Still no IV bill

June 25, 2007- Finally Received and Paid the IV bill!!

August 05, 2007- Sent DS-230

August 21, 2007- Case Completed at NVC

August 27, 2007- Case Forwarded to Embassy

October 15, 2007- Interview!! Visa approved!!

October 18, 2007- Visa in hand

October 27, 2007- US arrival!!

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Thank you Jundibasam for the advice, but that only applies if you are currently stationed overseas. I understand that I am no different from everyone else on this forum that wants to build a family. But I am frustrated just like everyone else with the long distance and seperation from my loved one. Hopefully with supposedly all the increase fees in July USCIS comes up with a plan to make this a smooth process and work on their customer service. I have been given the run around twice which is giving me a bad perception of their employees and program.

Magi what does TOS mean?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I know. It bothers me too.

If the metrics involved the amount of paid taxes, contribution to American society, military service, or even obvious harmlessness, our visa might have been approved immediately.

All I can say for you & me & all of us is: "May it pass quickly."

Best wishes to you...

• 07/17/07 Returned from two months in China. All K1 documents 'in hand'.
  • 07/19/07 Completed preparation of I-129F & associated documentation. Mailed it.
  • 08/03/07 Received NOA1 from the CSC.
  • 12/13/07 Received NOA2 from the CSC.
  • 01/23/08 NVC sent our case to U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China.
  • 03/31/08 U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China received, issued case number.
  • 04/05/08 P3 received.
  • 04/06/08 P3 sent.
  • 05/01/08 P4 received.
  • 05/12/08 Flight to China.
  • 06/23/08 Interview at U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China- PINK.
  • 06/25/08 K1 & K2 visas received.
  • 07/09/08 We all arrive in America, Chicago POE
  • 08/06/08 Fiancee receives SSN (req. for marriage in our state)
  • 08/08/08 Married
  • 09/01/08 Moved into new house. AR-11's filed for wife & son.
  • 09/19/08 AOS / EAD package mailed.
  • 09/25/08 AOS / EAD NOAs.
  • 10/02/08 Biometrics letters.
  • 10/16/08 Biometrics taken.
  • 10/17/08 Case transferred to CSC.
  • 12/08/08 EADs approved / EAD cards issued.
  • 03/05/09 AOS approved.
  • 03/12/09 Green Cards received.
  • 09/17/10 Application for Lifting Conditions Mailed.
  • 10/04/10 NOA1
  • 10/19/10 Biometrics Taken.
  • 01/07/11 Removal of Conditions Approved
  • 02/26/12 Still Happily Married & Doing Well

4983700_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi,

I sent messages to the Texas senator and congressman and to this day I have not received a response. Im currently stationed in California. I was reading this CNN healine about this Navy guy whose wife is going to be deported in June of next year I think if she does not get her papers or legal residency squared away. She came with her mom from Guatemala when she was little and then her mother became a resident but unfortunately was not able to obtain it due that she married her Navy Husband. The court gave her a year to adjust her status or go back to her country. Her husband is about to deploy for the 4th time. This sucks for her because its not like her petition will get squared away within a year. Im a US citizen and I am still waiting for a ^&%&*() damn approval from CSC. Its already day 176 since I sent it and to this day nothing. I know at this time they are doing a background check to verify information on me, but Im in the frickin military for almost 6 years, I have paid my taxes, I do not have a criminal history and of all I am a US citizen. I dont understand why it is taking forever. This should have been a quick one in my eyes. Ive seen that they touched my case a couple of times. I wish they would just tell me you are approved or you are not or we need additional information rather than not inform me at all. They dissappoint me and there customer service is a joke. I have sent messages to a couple of news stations but I dont think they will do a dang thing.

It was very disheartening to read your story indeed. If they are treating actively serving members of the Armed Forces with such flagrant disregard, what hope is there for the rest of us?.

My husband and I have been in the process for over a year, and just as they were going to send our file to the consulate they are saying it was recalled by USCIS- even though USCIS is saying they have no record of asking for it &&*(^&^.

We have already waited longer than most people- and with the situation with the Montreal Consulate being back logged even if my file reached the consulate tomorrow, I could still be waiting 8 months for an interview.

We have a child with a life threatening illness, who's treatment has left her immune system suppressed and who will suffer developmental delays if she does not receive early intervention therapy offered by the state. Even if I am forced to send her ahead of me while we wait it out, the situation still puts her in jeopardy. She will need to be placed in day care so my husband can work- if he doesn't work he has no insurance or means to support her- and me once I am there. Not to mentioned that being exposed to other children who may be sick could possibly kill her.. she needs close monitoring because of her disorder which I don't think day care will provide.

MY maternity benefits run out out at the end of Jan and I will be forced to go back to work- instead of being a full time mother to a sick child.

04-21-2006 | Marriage in Santa Ana, CA
I-130 Process
06-29-2006 | Mailed to CSC
08-23-2006 | Was told application was rejected & sent back
08-30-2006 | Recieved rejected package
09-01-2006 | Resubmitted I-130
09-08-2006 | NOA1 (now that's more like it)
09-13-2006 | Recieved NOA1 in the mail
12-19-2006 | Recieved email RFE
12-20-2006 | Recieved RFE in mail
12-22-2006 | Sent out RFE info
01-09-2007 | NOA2 Email received!
I-130 at NVC
01-24-2007 | Case Number Assigned
02-06-2007 | Emailed DS-3032 COA
02-09-2007 | NVC confirms COA in email
02-20-2007 | DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed
02-26-2007 | Received DS3032 and AOS Fee Bill
02-28-2007 | Mailed AOS Fee Bill and check
03-13-2007 | I-864 received
03-21-2007 | I-864 sent
05-16-2007 | IV Bill resent from NVC (never got the first)
06-02-2007 | IV Bill received
06-05-2007 | IV Bill payment sent
06-26-2007 | Received DS230
06-29-2007 | Mailed DS230 to NVC
08-15-2007 | NVC process complete but was sent back to US CIS (#@$%#$% this sucks)
11-08-2007 | I-130 returned to NVC
11-08-2007 | Requested expedited interview due to daughters illness
11-21-2007 | NVC approved expedited interview. Mailed to Montreal Embassy Nov 20th
12-11-2007 | Told by contact at US Consulate in Toronto that our interview date will be on Jan 4th.
01-04-2008 | Interview In Montreal. VISA GRANTED
01-11-2008 | Arrival in the US
11-09-2009 | Biometrics taken for 10 year green card
01-20-2010 | Approved- 10 GC ordered for production

06-22-2013 | N-400 package sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,

I sent messages to the Texas senator and congressman and to this day I have not received a response. Im currently stationed in California. I was reading this CNN healine about this Navy guy whose wife is going to be deported in June of next year I think if she does not get her papers or legal residency squared away. She came with her mom from Guatemala when she was little and then her mother became a resident but unfortunately was not able to obtain it due that she married her Navy Husband. The court gave her a year to adjust her status or go back to her country. Her husband is about to deploy for the 4th time. This sucks for her because its not like her petition will get squared away within a year. Im a US citizen and I am still waiting for a ^&%&*() damn approval from CSC. Its already day 176 since I sent it and to this day nothing. I know at this time they are doing a background check to verify information on me, but Im in the frickin military for almost 6 years, I have paid my taxes, I do not have a criminal history and of all I am a US citizen. I dont understand why it is taking forever. This should have been a quick one in my eyes. Ive seen that they touched my case a couple of times. I wish they would just tell me you are approved or you are not or we need additional information rather than not inform me at all. They dissappoint me and there customer service is a joke. I have sent messages to a couple of news stations but I dont think they will do a dang thing.

It was very disheartening to read your story indeed. If they are treating actively serving members of the Armed Forces with such flagrant disregard, what hope is there for the rest of us?.

My husband and I have been in the process for over a year, and just as they were going to send our file to the consulate they are saying it was recalled by USCIS- even though USCIS is saying they have no record of asking for it &&*(^&^.

We have already waited longer than most people- and with the situation with the Montreal Consulate being back logged even if my file reached the consulate tomorrow, I could still be waiting 8 months for an interview.

We have a child with a life threatening illness, who's treatment has left her immune system suppressed and who will suffer developmental delays if she does not receive early intervention therapy offered by the state. Even if I am forced to send her ahead of me while we wait it out, the situation still puts her in jeopardy. She will need to be placed in day care so my husband can work- if he doesn't work he has no insurance or means to support her- and me once I am there. Not to mentioned that being exposed to other children who may be sick could possibly kill her.. she needs close monitoring because of her disorder which I don't think day care will provide.

MY maternity benefits run out out at the end of Jan and I will be forced to go back to work- instead of being a full time mother to a sick child.

You probably already know this, but just in case ... there are certain circumstances, like health issues where the USCIS will expedite a case. Info is on this forum somewhere, but you could also contact Uscis or your congressman/senator to request info. Hope all will be well for you

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Dylan's Wife,

Can you or your husband submitt a letter to your state congressman or senator? I think your situation would stand out more than mine due that there is a life and death situation. I am stressed and impatient with my situation, but with your situation, this is not what I know our founding fathers or even the Department of Homeland Security would want for a family. I think you can apply for the immediate processing. Have you and your husband thought of that? Im sure that there are financial programs out there either in Canada or the US that will help. I think from what I understood the expedite process is like 1000 dollars. You should check it out in the USCIS site. Your situation sounds like it meets the requirements. I can not imagine you handling everything on your own with your child. The child needs her father too. I hope that your family will be reunited soon and your daughter to feel better. I cant wait to one day have children. Hopefully soon.

If you go the expedite route I would include doctors notes and results to USCIS so they understand the severity. (F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi,

You probably already know this, but just in case ... there are certain circumstances, like health issues where the USCIS will expedite a case. Info is on this forum somewhere, but you could also contact Uscis or your congressman/senator to request info. Hope all will be well for you

Hi, thank you for the reply but unfortunately technically there is nothing to expedite as the petitions have been approved- they are just in limbo and we can't get any answers as to why or when they will be sent to the NVC. ( Our 129-f was just approved and is still within the month mark to reach the NVC- and since they can't tell us why our 130 was sent back to the CSC so they can't tell us how long it will be ).

We have already been in touch with the Senator Boxers office.

Hopefully when all this is said and done- they will at least give me an early interview date- but as said in another thread...in the end had they just forward my 130 to the consulate back in July-Aug when they had it and 'early' date would fall on what the time frame were for then.

04-21-2006 | Marriage in Santa Ana, CA
I-130 Process
06-29-2006 | Mailed to CSC
08-23-2006 | Was told application was rejected & sent back
08-30-2006 | Recieved rejected package
09-01-2006 | Resubmitted I-130
09-08-2006 | NOA1 (now that's more like it)
09-13-2006 | Recieved NOA1 in the mail
12-19-2006 | Recieved email RFE
12-20-2006 | Recieved RFE in mail
12-22-2006 | Sent out RFE info
01-09-2007 | NOA2 Email received!
I-130 at NVC
01-24-2007 | Case Number Assigned
02-06-2007 | Emailed DS-3032 COA
02-09-2007 | NVC confirms COA in email
02-20-2007 | DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed
02-26-2007 | Received DS3032 and AOS Fee Bill
02-28-2007 | Mailed AOS Fee Bill and check
03-13-2007 | I-864 received
03-21-2007 | I-864 sent
05-16-2007 | IV Bill resent from NVC (never got the first)
06-02-2007 | IV Bill received
06-05-2007 | IV Bill payment sent
06-26-2007 | Received DS230
06-29-2007 | Mailed DS230 to NVC
08-15-2007 | NVC process complete but was sent back to US CIS (#@$%#$% this sucks)
11-08-2007 | I-130 returned to NVC
11-08-2007 | Requested expedited interview due to daughters illness
11-21-2007 | NVC approved expedited interview. Mailed to Montreal Embassy Nov 20th
12-11-2007 | Told by contact at US Consulate in Toronto that our interview date will be on Jan 4th.
01-04-2008 | Interview In Montreal. VISA GRANTED
01-11-2008 | Arrival in the US
11-09-2009 | Biometrics taken for 10 year green card
01-20-2010 | Approved- 10 GC ordered for production

06-22-2013 | N-400 package sent

Timeline

since your timeline is empty i don't know how long you where waiting exactly ...

if you think it beyond fare waiting time and you have tried to make communications with the NVC ??

this visit this link and ....JEST A THOUGH ..... THING MOVE FASTER WHEN ITS LEGAL

http://www.visalaw.com/05feb3/2feb305.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.