cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

amal - that "sprayer thingy" is called a bidet and it's to wash urself w/ after "doing your business" - it's a european toilet and is actually quite clean & fresh from what i understand but have never used one. i didn't mind the "hole" but also had general access to "american style" toilets... ;)

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but is it supposed to stick up from the toilet lid ... if u sat down directly without looking..you'd get quite the surprise...... I understood the ones beside the toilets..that made sense to me..use it if u wanna use it..but attached to the lid ...a bit dangerous if u ask me... :P

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

I HATE the hole....spent 9 months in jordan and never had to use one

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Timeline

I had one experience with the "arabian style" toilet... Mohammed still falls into hysterics at the mere mention of it. Nothing happened. Did my job and that was that, but he just finds it hysterical. Probably because every time he laughs I promise to punch him in the airport. You need to understand, Mohammed is like the "McArab". He really isn't into his culture at all. As a matter of fact, don't call him Arab or he will go all stormy-faced. He is ok with Egyptian, but don't say the "A" word. He's just... Mohammed. LOL.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

oh no the dreaded "hole in the floor". what a nightmare. i thought i was in the wrong bathroom. thought it was a urinal. i came out of that bathroom asking hassan...whats the deal with the hole in the floor? he just laughed and said...oh i forgot to tell u about those.

only had to use it only one time. i dont get constipation but the other when i travel there and well i had no other choice. had to take the tissues from the table into the bathroom with me cuz of course im no pro with the hose. i would have to completely strip down in order not to come out wet. thats so embarrising when u have to take the tissues from the table in the bathroom. everyone knows ur business.

also...dont forget wash cloths. i dont think they use them there or something.

thats so embarrising when u have to take the tissues from the table in the bathroom. everyone knows ur business.

thats soo funny...i dont know maybe sofyans family is a little more americanzied, but they always had toilet paper, and stuff liek that to fill my needs..lol...and fortunately, we had an american toilet and a hole :)

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
You need to understand, Mohammed is like the "McArab". He really isn't into his culture at all. As a matter of fact, don't call him Arab or he will go all stormy-faced. He is ok with Egyptian, but don't say the "A" word. He's just... Mohammed. LOL.

Well of course (as you know) Egypt has a long and impressive history which predates the arrival of Arabs in their country. A lot of Egyptians are not ethnically "Arab" at all, although they certainly share a language, religion and many other cultural traditions.

So... some Egyptians consider themselves Arab, but some do not. It's an interesting situation.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Timeline

You need to understand, Mohammed is like the "McArab". He really isn't into his culture at all. As a matter of fact, don't call him Arab or he will go all stormy-faced. He is ok with Egyptian, but don't say the "A" word. He's just... Mohammed. LOL.

Well of course (as you know) Egypt has a long and impressive history which predates the arrival of Arabs in their country. A lot of Egyptians are not ethnically "Arab" at all, although they certainly share a language, religion and many other cultural traditions.

So... some Egyptians consider themselves Arab, but some do not. It's an interesting situation.

Yep, Egypt is quite a soup. My husband has no Arab blood and you know well, I'm sure, how there is some... hmmm... prejudices among the ME/NA nationalities. I just want to bonk them all together and remind them... YOU'RE ALL HUMANS, REMEMBER???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

yes that's true... about the prejudice thing... Yacine is berber and speaks kaybile... his entire family is %100 kaybile... they have their own language and only speak it at home... since they're not an arab descent their culture is different and they way they act is different... Yacine does speak arabic but he does not speak kaybile outside of the home because arabs are prejudice against the kaybile people...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
yes that's true... about the prejudice thing... Yacine is berber and speaks kaybile... his entire family is %100 kaybile... they have their own language and only speak it at home... since they're not an arab descent their culture is different and they way they act is different... Yacine does speak arabic but he does not speak kaybile outside of the home because arabs are prejudice against the kaybile people...

Hachemi's grandfather is Arab and his grandmother is kabylie . Hey Icey, does that make Hachemi an Arakabylie??? :lol::lol::lol:

Hachemi had a regular toilet in the bathroom. In algeria they have water only until about 12 noon. And then it goes off. They had large plastic water storage barrels they refilled every morning. Because sometimes you got up and did not have any running water for a whole day. The water systems really suck in Algeria. So after the water stopped no flushing. I would fill a bucket of water and pour it in the toilet to flush. There were several time I had to oppurtunity to use the arab style hole in the floor. But I could never put my feet on the little pads to go. I would always get my shoes dribbled on. So I would stradle the whole thing and squat and go. It was a little more difficult. But my shoes did not get wet. :thumbs:

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Wow...thankfully I don't have a hole in the floor toilet story, I did use a bucket to take a shower since it made me feel cleaner than the shower head that felt like someone was peeing on your head. The water pressure sucks! And THANKFULLY this was all at my uncles house, my fiance has a nice american style marble bathroom with a motorized shower head and plenty of running water and american style toilets with a separate bidet.

I can't imagine squatting on a hole in the floor, if I had seen that at my uncles house I would have went straight to a hotel...Did I mention I have princess syndrome? :P

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats Meriem. It will not be too long before it gets where it is going. I know I tracked our packet to Pakistan and it was there in less than one week.

Yahoo

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.