cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Mothers Day to all of you mothers, or those expecting...what a crazy day I had at work today....the restaurant was packed by 1030am and i managed to make 185$ in tips in 4 hours...it was very nice...Now im home...relaxing and watching the tv...sofyan should be home soon and we may BBQ for dinner...not sure yet...i hope everyone is doing good...i dotn have time to keep up with everyones individual status but u all know your in my thoughts and prayers

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

its not that uncommon at all. There are many in the AOS forum who are waiting, and is not discriminating based on nationality. Just if you are unlucky enough to not have the checks cleared prior to your AOS interview, then you wait. and wait. and wait. an wait....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Icey your avatar is very disturbing .... :blink:

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Husband and I just put together all of our papers for our AOS interview. The stack is a few inches thick, but the officer will probably only ask for one of two things inshaAllah. Always good to be overprepared. We have a good feeling about this, and a positive outlook on the future, despite the issues we've been having, alhamduililah!

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Husband and I just put together all of our papers for our AOS interview. The stack is a few inches thick, but the officer will probably only ask for one of two things inshaAllah. Always good to be overprepared. We have a good feeling about this, and a positive outlook on the future, despite the issues we've been having, alhamduililah!

wooowww inches?? good on ya. i think maybe with all of our paperwork including the FULL tax return (not just W2 and 1040's) i think it was only an inch!

Good luck with your filing, i hope for speedy NOAs!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ok jp...just clearing it up lol.....all i can say though is thank god i am a twin so i will never have them .....i saw pics of my mommy when she was pregnant with me and my sister, her belly was down to her knees....and me and my sister were EACH 8 pounds...have u ever heard of 16lbs of baby inside of you....ouch!

LOL....Kelly, why do you say you can't have twins because you are a twin? I'm a twin also, and so is my mom :huh: Now there will be 3 generations of us boogers :D

Ive always known that twins or multiple births skip generations....

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

it seams there are alot of us twins here. ive also heard twins cant have twins. oh well u learn something new every day.

they do more checks with AOS and when u apply for citizenship also. they didnt request our checks until after the interview. we made an info pass apt to find out what is going on. they do part of the checks when u do biometrics like fingerprints but they didnt order the rest of them til 2 days after our interview. so we wait and wait and wait.

his fingerprints will expire sometime this month so im sure we will be making the trip up there again.

my friend and her husband had their interview a month before us and they just got their welcome letter and will recieve green card soon. so maybe next month for us.

donna

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.