cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

LB I was searching and think only 8 days ? I am so excited for you and wishing you all the best. I had to scroll around and hope you are having a good day.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Did you hear the breaking news ?!? :reading:

(L) Ali's (L) interview is in :

9 days !!! :goofy:

Single digits people ... :dance: I'm feeling good about it today !

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Did you hear the breaking news ?!? :reading:

(L) Ali's (L) interview is in :

9 days !!! :goofy:

Single digits people ... :dance: I'm feeling good about it today !

LB!!! i can't wait until i read the post saying VISA GIVEN!!!

i'm praying for ya!

*hugs*

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just a couple of suggestions...can she travel to Canada or a 3rd country that may give him a tourist visa? Do you know her as a friend offline, or is there any hurry? Maybe you can coordinate a trip with her (her dr may object but with a friend's help perhaps it is doable. Just a thought. Hopefully they will think of something.

Later

:yes:

Once, when I was very very bored, I read all of the K-1 denials where people had asked for a visa without meeting for hardship reasons. The number one reason (I think) for the waiver getting shot down was "did you try to meet in a third country?"

It would be absolutely essential that this woman prove that she can't travel ANYWHERE and that driving ANYWHERE, even to Canada, would be absolutely, 100%, completely, totally impossible. Even then it's a long shot.

Edited by rahma

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

GO LB GO LB GO!!! (i luv countdowns)

You sooo deserve some good news real soon!!! much luck to ya !!!

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

Inshallah ya rab it's good news.

I agree that we deserve good news. You know why ?!?

Because it has been 2 years and 2 months since our NOA 1 :bonk:

I swear if we get put on AP or something that takes forever I will loooooseeee it. He will loooooseee it. And then we can't be together because we will both be in mental hospitals. :whistle:

JW,

I see that you had a bad day today ::hugs::. I hope your feeling better. Remember if you ever need to scream here is the place to do it. Know why ? Because we wont get botherd cuz we cant hear you. All we see is the word "SCREAM!". :lol: Ok Ok just trying to make you laugh. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better "hump day" that sounds soo nasty to me. I'm going to tell Ali about it and I know what he's gonna say but it's not appropriate for VJ ;)

Massouna

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

591088.png

Timeline
:lol: Maybe Ali should tell them "I need the visa because if I dont get it my wife will blow up .. and if she does I will no longer have a wife. Is that good enough of a reason Mr. Consular ?"

591088.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Ok, Thanks girls for all you comments about my friend. I hope and pray she can obtain the k-1 visa for her fiance. I have talked with her at length today about how difficult it will be and what she may be in for. The good thing is they are close in age, She is early 50's and he is late 40's. They have known each other for 3 years. They are in love and want to be together. They are both Muslim. I explained to her she will need a cosponsor, and a ton of ongoing relationship evidence. She has contacted her doctors and they agree that she is not able to travel. The long trip would be to hard on her. They have agreed to write for her a document to that effect. The fiance has already tried to get a tourist visa and was denied. I am not sure he could get a Canadian visitors visa, but I wonder if he should try and if he is denied then that could help her exemption of meeting. I dont want to dash her hopes and I surely dont want to give her false hopes either. I told her that it may take longer and even if they gave her the exemption from meeting, they would be looking closely at their case at the Consulate level. They would probably drill him with questions about her disability and if he is willing to spend his life caring for her. I feel that Allah sent me to help her. It is such a fluke that we even met. Hachemi works at a Cyber sometimes for a friend. And one of the people in the cyber had found her Islamic name on Skype and called her. She answered and the person could not understand her because they did not speak English. They knew Hachemi spoke English so he talked with her. He was touched by her story of her injury and recourperation. He gave me her skype username and we began talking with her on conference. My Hachemi was so kind to her and I am so proud of him. He says, "She needs our help" Anyway, I will keep you posted on her case. She is also going to join Visa Journey soon.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Meriem

Give her this link... he may have to know somebody in canada to do an invitation letter for him, and he is required to have a visa to enter canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.html

Meriem.. I'm falling asleep waiting for your post Zzzzzz lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.