cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I will post more details when he tells me. He called me at 5:10 am and screamed in the phone Congratulations. LOL He is so happy. All I know right now is that they took his passport and he paid a courrier fee. The visa is to be delivered in 3-5 days. He is now traveling back to his city and will try and come online and chat today. He has not slept much the past few days since we got wind of a letter and tracking it down.

LB hang in there. I was not to bad about the nerves until the day of the interview. I see you got some furniture for your new home. Try and focus on how you will arrange it. What else you need to furnish it and the styles you want? I know it is hard but you will get thru this with the strength from God/Allah. I know I prayed daily for patience and understanding and he blessed me.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Ladies we finally have the good news! Ishteaq went to the embassy today and they took his passport and said congratulations. He paid the courrier fee and they said it will be delivered in 3 - 5 days. So looks like my hubby will finally be home. I have not seen him since January 2005 and I am over the moon. Thanks to all of your for your support during this difficult and trying time. (F)

Mary

Alhamdulillah! Wonderful news, Mary! I am soooooo happy for you.

:dance: Whooohoooooo :dance:

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

That is so unbelieveable!! You have been so patient through all of this - a huge congratulations to you!!!!!

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Ladies we finally have the good news! Ishteaq went to the embassy today and they took his passport and said congratulations. He paid the courrier fee and they said it will be delivered in 3 - 5 days. So looks like my hubby will finally be home. I have not seen him since January 2005 and I am over the moon. Thanks to all of your for your support during this difficult and trying time. (F)

Mary

OMGGGGGGG Mary, thats great news!!!! I am so happy for you and Ishteaq. :dance::dance::dance: What a wonderful way to start a Monday!!!

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

MARY I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS NEWS THAT YOUR HUSBAND GOT THE VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::thumbs:

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance: Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is absolutely wonderful news, and I could not be happier for you both!!!!

May blessings continue to pour in abundance. :yes:

Karen H.

Edited by bornot2b

CON :dance: GRA :dance: TU :dance: LA :dance: TIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU MARY :thumbs:

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Mary, that's such WONDERFUL news!!!! :dance::dance::dance: I can't wait till you have that beautiful little visa in hand!

Massouna, only 10 days to go?!?!? It's right around the corner, try not to get too nervous OK?

(L) Sharon

Edited by kerewin21

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Ok girls, I need some help. I met a really sweet person who is in love with a guy from Morocco. They have known each other for three years, talking on the internet, skype and on the phone. They are in love and want to get married but there is a catch. She had a brain injury a few years ago and had to learn to do everything again. She is nearly blind but uses a special program on her computer to make the text bigger so she can see. She was bedridden at one time but is slowly learning to be mobile again, but has a lot of trouble walking. She met him as she was recurperating and he has been a big inspiration in her recovery. I have talked with her fiance also and he really wants to marry her. They are asking me for help to get them started. Her doctors say she is not able to travel to Morocco and I dont think he could get a visa to come visit her. I need some advice about what to do for her. She is very bright and knows what she wants and it is to marry her love. I think they deserve to be together, but I am at a loss to tell her what to do as far as getting around the requirement to meet in person. What do you think?

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Timeline
Ok girls, I need some help. I met a really sweet person who is in love with a guy from Morocco. They have known each other for three years, talking on the internet, skype and on the phone. They are in love and want to get married but there is a catch. She had a brain injury a few years ago and had to learn to do everything again. She is nearly blind but uses a special program on her computer to make the text bigger so she can see. She was bedridden at one time but is slowly learning to be mobile again, but has a lot of trouble walking. She met him as she was recurperating and he has been a big inspiration in her recovery. I have talked with her fiance also and he really wants to marry her. They are asking me for help to get them started. Her doctors say she is not able to travel to Morocco and I dont think he could get a visa to come visit her. I need some advice about what to do for her. She is very bright and knows what she wants and it is to marry her love. I think they deserve to be together, but I am at a loss to tell her what to do as far as getting around the requirement to meet in person. What do you think?

Meriem (F)

There is a place on the form where you can explain the reason why a meeting was not possible in person prior to the application. They do take things like this into consideration. She would most likely have to provide a doctor's statement or something along those lines as proof. You know the name of this game: PROOF PROOF PROOF. But it's not impossible.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Meriem (F)

Pursuant to 8 CFR 214.2(k)(2) the petitioner may be exempted from the requirement of meeting if it is established that compliance would :

(1) result in extreme hardship for the petitioner;

(2) that compliance would violate strict and long-established cultural norms of the beneficiaries foreign culture or social practice, as where marriages are traditionally arranged by the parents of the contracting parties and the prospective bride and groom are prohibited from meeting subsequent to the arrangement and prior to the wedding day. In addition to establishing that the required meeting would violate the custom or practice, the petitioner must also establish that any and all other aspects of the traditional arrangements have been or will be met in accordance or custom to the practice.

The regulation of 214.2 does not define what may constitute extreme hardship to the petitioner, therefore, each claim of extreme hardship must be judged on a case-by-case basis taking into consideration the totality of the petitioners circumstances. Generally, a director looks at whether the petitioner can demonstrate the existence of circumstances that are (1) not within the power of the petitioner to control or change, and (2) likely to last for a considerable duration or the duration cannot be determined with any degree of certainty.

Honestly, I think all USCIS wants to know if she has the inability to board a plane. If she needs to be taken care of on a daily basis, they may go as far as even asking her if she could possibly take her caretaker with her? She can try to file for hardship, that would be my only suggestion to her.

This link may help her look at other cases to see if any are similiar to her own, these are "Fiancees and Fiances of U.S. Citizen (K-1) - Section 101(a)(15)(K) of the I&N Act " A.K.A. Denial reasons on K-1 Fiancé Visas..

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/adm...c3/d6/index.htm

But I'm not trying to say at all she will not get her petition approved by USCIS, she'll have to prove it to them.. I'm worried about what will happen at the consular level.. Even Casa denies when the petitioner is present for the interview! I feel that Casa will scrutinize her case with a fine toothed comb, if is the same CO's that have been doing interviews recently... Her case is not impossible, but she will have some hurdles.

Hope this helps

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Meriem,

Here goes it will be hard for her to overcome this but by the medical stand point that you have said if she gets a doctor to write a letter to whom it may concern on her service center for filing she might have a chance or it can backfire. Reasons why is part of this I did before.

1. We knew we could not get a visitors visa. So I knew I could try hardship on not meeting. I claimed I was widow, diabetic, small kids, muslim, had no one to literally help with the family and showed the cost of taking me and two kids to Pakistan was running around 9 thousand dollars time we did visas, travel, etc. This was a K1 back in 2003. It was shot down and never got to NVC. I was told to meet him or the application was voided in 60 days. Plus, travel warnings against americans going to Pakistan.

2. I know she is disabled now. What type of income does she have and will she have a co signer?

This is how I ended up going to Pakistan and marrying Ishteaq and coming back and applying for the CR1.

I can only say to tell her it will be an uphill battle and I wish them the best.

Mary

Edited by mianishqsrose

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.