cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

OMG you guys are hilarious! It totally sucks living next to this guy, but hopefully it will be resolved soon! You would think that I live in the country but nooooooo, this guys lives in an apartment complex next to my house! :lol: Some people are soooooooooooooooo....arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

LB - I think you are on the same wave length as my hunny. He wants to wait it out, whatever he decides I will be supportive. We did get into a heated exchange about it the other day :whistle: lol, but thats over now. Its funny because we both speak english and arabic. So most of the time we talk in english, but he gets mad, there is an automatic switch to arabic :lol: its like he has a hot button or somthing!

We will most likely wait it out until February. After some thinking about it, it will give us both an oppertunitly to be more financially stable by the time he gets here. My ex left me with about $20,000 in bills and back taxes, which I have been paying alone. I'm almost done and then I can start saving again :yes: I guess everything happens for a reason :star:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

JP,

I wanted to tell you that in a few months email the embassy and ask them if they have any cancellations or can they move your interview date up? I know us ladies have not had any luck but alot of the men do at the Islamabad forums. It sure cannot hurt and will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary

We will most likely wait it out until February.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Mary i am really hoping your SO gets his visa soon. It is wayyyyyyy over due now!!!

I was looking for a post and i realize this thread has 87 pages of posts. You girls rock!!!!

Did anyone ever get the stomach flu?? I had it all weekend and still have it. It sucks!! I think it was Anmar's Mansaf..ewwww everytime i think about mansaf it makes me sick now.

"My ex left me with about $20,000 in bills and back taxes, which I have been paying alone. I'm almost done and then I can start saving again I guess everything happens for a reason "

Holy sh*t JP there is nothing you can do about that???

Almost getting to those single digits LB :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
JP,

I wanted to tell you that in a few months email the embassy and ask them if they have any cancellations or can they move your interview date up? I know us ladies have not had any luck but alot of the men do at the Islamabad forums. It sure cannot hurt and will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary

We will most likely wait it out until February.

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the tip, I will definitly try to do that! You such a wealth of information! (F)

Did anyone ever get the stomach flu?? I had it all weekend and still have it. It sucks!! I think it was Anmar's Mansaf..ewwww everytime i think about mansaf it makes me sick now.

"My ex left me with about $20,000 in bills and back taxes, which I have been paying alone. I'm almost done and then I can start saving again I guess everything happens for a reason "

Holy sh*t JP there is nothing you can do about that???

Well Angel I can go after him in court once the debt is paid back. The problem is everything was in my name and I did not want to file bancruptcy. So to save my credit I have been paying it back. The tax thing, if its not paid they will file a lein on me. So I'm paying it to avoid all these problems. I don't think I will ever get a penny out of him and to be quite honest, once the debt is paid I'm gonna put this behind me. I don't want to deal with him or think about him anymore. I won't go after him for the money, I think my sanity is more important and I can't wait to close this chapter of my life.

Mansaf....ahhhhhh...the not so fond memories. :lol: Ok I'm Jordanian and I have never been a big fan of it, but I ate it because my mom always makes it. However, when I was in Jordan, I at so much Mansaf that I actually started to like it :lol: I don't know what could have made you sick, but its a very very heavy meal.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

Ladies we finally have the good news! Ishteaq went to the embassy today and they took his passport and said congratulations. He paid the courrier fee and they said it will be delivered in 3 - 5 days. So looks like my hubby will finally be home. I have not seen him since January 2005 and I am over the moon. Thanks to all of your for your support during this difficult and trying time. (F)

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Congratulations Mary and Ishteaq!!!!

What wonderful news to wake up to on a Monday morning. You are one of those people who have a way of reaching out and touching people's hearts even through an internet forum. I am sure everyone here will celebrate in your good news.

I wish Isteaq a safe journey and you both the happiest of homecomings and life ahead.

Rebecca

Ladies we finally have the good news! Ishteaq went to the embassy today and they took his passport and said congratulations. He paid the courrier fee and they said it will be delivered in 3 - 5 days. So looks like my hubby will finally be home. I have not seen him since January 2005 and I am over the moon. Thanks to all of your for your support during this difficult and trying time. (F)

Mary

this is the BEST news to wake up to Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Timeline

Thanks ladies. I appreciate your well wishes.

Filed: Timeline

Mary

You keep posting it !!! Shout it!!! Holler it!!! And I'll keep following you around and telling you how happy I am for the both of you!! ALHAMDULELLAH!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

:dance:Congrats Mary !!! :dance:

That's wonderful news ... I am soooo happy for you ! Post the details .. if there are any.

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh Mary!!! I am crying tears of happiness for you & Ishteaq! You deserve this so much and have waited (seemingly) patiently. Alhamdulillah, I wish you both all the happiness in your life ahead. Trek salama to Ishteaq! Keep us posted on his arrival!

MABRUK!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

10 Days ... :o

OH MY GOD !!! Should I freak out now or later ? I'll just wait till after work.

Remember when it was 34 days away ? It's now 10 days away ... Please God help me get through these next 10 days okay.

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

LB... i am getting so excited for you!!! i hope that you have a great day!

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.