cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Good Morning Ladies,

I wanted to thank everyone for the prayers and well wishes. I will update as soon as we are done at the embassy again.

LB your time is flying by so fastly I remember counting down the days. Hang in there and it will not be much longer.

I thnk it was JP with the rooster next door? How has it been the past two nights? Getting any sleep?

Eveyone have a good Sunday.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Good Morning Ladies,

I wanted to thank everyone for the prayers and well wishes. I will update as soon as we are done at the embassy again.

LB your time is flying by so fastly I remember counting down the days. Hang in there and it will not be much longer.

I thnk it was JP with the rooster next door? How has it been the past two nights? Getting any sleep?

Eveyone have a good Sunday.

Mary

I'm routing you on, Mary. Please keep us posted.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Update... Called her cell phone again and left a voicemail @ 1:40 P.M. saying "If the car isnt back in 20 minutes, or you don't call me within 20 minutes, it's being reported stolen."

I recieved a prompt callback and her telling me the car is coming...

A.P.B. out on 99 Explorer... If you see a female driver, flip her off...

00387615_1X.JPG

Icey... that was terribly inconsiderate of her to keep your truck for ANY extended period of time without prior approval... did she ever give you a valid reason for keeping the truck, not answering the cell phone... and NOT being home? I'm just glad you got it back in one piece...

If I were you... no more lending to family! geesh!

Also, I will be praying that you can get the co-sponsor thing reconciled... and that you will see your habibi soon!

Ladies I have some news to share. My husband got his letter today to go back to the embassy. He will travel on Monday. Please pray that our 16 months journey is ending with visa in hand.

Mary

Mary, I will be praying for you and your husband... that he will get his visa and be home with ya'll soon! *hugs* I admire your strength and commitment!

And lastly, I just got home and found a nice little surprise in my mailbox from Homeland Security! NOA1 has arrived!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! :dance::dance::dance:

Noura... you got GREAT NEWS!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Congratulations on the NOA1... hopefully, it won't be long for the noa2!!!

Also, congrats on your GOLD! :luv:

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

I just received and emial fromt he embassy in Amman regarding moveing the petitions.

To: Response, Amman (Amman)

Subject: I129 Petitions and interviews

I am trying to find out if my huband lives in Jordan do we have to use the Embassy in Amman to review the petition and have the interview or can we use other embassy's. The reason I am inquiring is that I am being told that interview appointments are being scheduled for Feb. 2007. I believe this is extremely to long and wondered if relieveing some of the workload by directing it else where as long as my husband is willing to travel foe his interview if this would be acceptable. If so what are the nearest embassy that would accept them. I believe in Syria they will not accept Jordanians but I may be wrong. Any help or direction in the matter is greatly appreciated. Or should I be contacting Washington DC on this topic?

Dear Madam,

Per regulation visa processing must be conducted where the applicant is residing, however, if you wish your husband’s case to be processed in another country you should contact the American Embassy in that country. If they agree to accept the case and request the file form, we will then forward it.

Regards,

IV Unit

Amman, Jordan

Since I am not married yet, but will be in July I wanted to share this information as soon as I found out. So JP hope this helps now i have to find the American Embassy's that will agree to take them.

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
Icey... that was terribly inconsiderate of her to keep your truck for ANY extended period of time without prior approval... did she ever give you a valid reason for keeping the truck, not answering the cell phone... and NOT being home? I'm just glad you got it back in one piece...

If I were you... no more lending to family! geesh!

Also, I will be praying that you can get the co-sponsor thing reconciled... and that you will see your habibi soon!

Her excuse for having the truck for that long was because, "I fell asleep". Well she was sleeping from 2 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. the next day, at my cousins house? Yanno, if she would have called me and said Jamie I'm at your cousins house and I'm too tired to bring the car back, I wouldn't have cared, but she closed her phone and never called...... Oh well, their relationship is over anyways...

I'm still working on the co-sponsor thing, I'll keep you guys updated.

Timeline
I just received and emial fromt he embassy in Amman regarding moveing the petitions.

To: Response, Amman (Amman)

Subject: I129 Petitions and interviews

I am trying to find out if my huband lives in Jordan do we have to use the Embassy in Amman to review the petition and have the interview or can we use other embassy's. The reason I am inquiring is that I am being told that interview appointments are being scheduled for Feb. 2007. I believe this is extremely to long and wondered if relieveing some of the workload by directing it else where as long as my husband is willing to travel foe his interview if this would be acceptable. If so what are the nearest embassy that would accept them. I believe in Syria they will not accept Jordanians but I may be wrong. Any help or direction in the matter is greatly appreciated. Or should I be contacting Washington DC on this topic?

Dear Madam,

Per regulation visa processing must be conducted where the applicant is residing, however, if you wish your husband’s case to be processed in another country you should contact the American Embassy in that country. If they agree to accept the case and request the file form, we will then forward it.

Regards,

IV Unit

Amman, Jordan

Since I am not married yet, but will be in July I wanted to share this information as soon as I found out. So JP hope this helps now i have to find the American Embassy's that will agree to take them.

You can move a petition but do be aware that it can cause more delays. We had a girl in the Islamabad forums on K1 that originally started in Korea. They moved their petition to Islamabad and it was 2 yrs before they ever got the approved visa. It was put on numerous security checks I do not know if they started checks for one consulate and then stopped them and it caused a red flag or if they just red flagged the case since it was moved. So take and think about this.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

lol-yes Mary its me with the rooster next door, it's pretty loud in the morning. We told them they had a few days to get rid of it or we will call animal control. :hehe: weirdos

Angie, my fiance has pretty much decided that he would rather wait than to transfer it out. I am still looking into it, and now I'm looking at Cyprus based off some tips from other Vj'ers. Greece did reply back and would not accpet it.

He might change his mind if Cyprus says ok, but I want him to feel comfortable with it so I'm leaving it up to him. He didn't want to go to a country where he didnt know anyone. He is ok with going to Cyprus because he has many friends there.

:star:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

Icey I had Captain Ewok fix my timeline now. So if you find it does not work let me know again. I checked it and it was fine.

JP sorry to hear that your rooster is still around crowing. Hope they get rid of him before much more longer.

Mary

Edited by mianishqsrose

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

11 days ... :)

I sent Ali our phone records for the past year (yes 12 of them). I dont have any for the other year because we used to use phone cards. I know we are not doing a K-1 where this stuff is required but I figured it will help.

When the consular says "Do you guys talk on a regular basis" ( :lol: something to effect of that ... like I know what he's gonna say)

Ali can say "Yes, here are the phone records."

And BAM we get the visa

Ok ok the last part was just me getting excited ... :whistle:

He's allllll done with preparing packet 4 .... all he has to do is go to the internet and print the phone records I sent him and wait till the 18th now.

JP,

Did you read what Mary wrote ? She said it takes LONGER to transfer to another embassy. Make sure you do ALOT of research before you make any moves. Don't make me worry about you girl. The time will pass and eventually Feburary will get here ... sooner or later. Our case was case was complete in September and our interivew is in May ... that's 9 months. We didnt know it was going to take that long ... but its about the same wait your going through. If we could do it ... you can too. We went crazy because we didnt have a date .... but you do :thumbs:

Good luck with whatever you decide to do girl ... but be wise and careful.

Massouna

Edited by LebaneseBride

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Mary, so excited for you and your SO. I'm prayiing for you both!

JP, a Rooster? Who the hell has a Rooster next door? LOL

LB, getting closer, thinking of you too.

Andrea

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I am sooooo glad JordanianPrincess is not my neighbor :whistle:

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.