cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ok I have something on my mind and I must say it! Yes we are sisters of this forum, not only should we stick together, but we should not attract negative attention to ourselves. I was completely offended by them comments that Vanillabean made, not only because it was mean, but because she generalized which is wrong.

Speaking as an Arab-American, generalizing hurts. Lostinlove...I do think there was some validity to initial comment you what you posted in off-topic, but had you said it in another way OR without generalizing all of this could have been avoided. It's not just racism towards arabs/muslims, its towards all races, but now its' being focused on us.

There is obvouly alot of sensitivity on VJ, its a melting pot of people anc cultures and everyone should be respected. Vanillabean was obviouly cruicfied for her rude and generalizing statments. When any of post something we should really read it again and see if it's what we really mean as it can be hurtful to someone else. Agent Smith was actually the person who initiated the ban on Vanillabean for us, many tried to help.

I don't mean to offend anyone by this and I'm sure I will get plenty of comments now, but sersiosly we can't expect people to respect us and we don't respect them. 2 wrongs don't make a right :star:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I think what I've learned from all of this is that it is important for us here in ME/NA to stick together. It's nice to know that you've got my back, as I will have yours. Whatever goes on in that scary OT world, let's try make ME/NA a safe haven, ok?

I agree... it is very important to me to be able to contribute and support in the M/E thread when I can... and I also have friends on the k1 & O/T thread that i try to cheer on...

I will admit that when I read lostinlove's comments yesterday... that I PM'd her... I have tried to be very supportive of my brothers and sisters here on VJ... and if I have stepped on anyone's toes... then I apologise...

lostinlove responded back to me her thoughts about the situation... and I was cool with it... and i feel that we are on even ground now...

it literally makes me sick that this disease of hate has affected all of VJ...

I have made some wonderful friends here... and I would hope that I can continue being their friend... in all forums of VJ...

Jenn is right... this whole process is hellacious enough without us attacking each other...

I hope that I can see things calmed down now...

okay ladies... back to happy posting...

and I hope that each of you know that I genuinely want the best for all of you... as I do for all VJ members... and I keep praying for all of us...

hope everyone has a lovely day!

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Timeline

lostinlove... i hope that you have an awesomely wonderful day...

pls don't think that i was re-hashing yesterday... i think we all agree it was a wayyyyyyyyyy harsh day...

now... what about a group hug?

lol

no... seriously... i am a huggie kinda person... lol

*hugs*

Lynne

114959908992789.gif

Timeline
I opologize for any added stress for anyone on here. That was not my intention. You are all awsome and very supportive. I'm going to end it at that.

Habibty, no apologies needed at all. (F) I just don't want any negative attention in our little save haven :luv: I hope I didnt' offend or hurt your with my statments, it was not my intention at all. Its so easy for people to pick on us because of current day events, I don't want to give any of the "bad apples" a chance to do that. :star:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline
I opologize for any added stress for anyone on here. That was not my intention. You are all awsome and very supportive. I'm going to end it at that.

lost... ya think that the doctors have a stress tablet that we could take just to get us to the end of the visa process? lol

i'm all for a prescription...

i declare today a STRESS-FREE DAY!

Blessings to ya

Lynne

114959908992789.gif

Filed: Timeline

Love ya, sweet pea. No worries. We have human moments and life is a wonderful school. I lost it too. Spent some time thinking about that myself!

a3c3118f.gif

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

15 days ... :wacko:

no comment on all the other stuff.

JP,

Thanks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for the card ! I showed it to my entire family and they were all crackin up laughing. You are the best :thumbs: I appreciate your support so much I don't know what I'd do without you cheering me on (and everyone else). Inshallah I will be there for you when your time finally does get here. Again thank you sooo much ! :star:

Massouna

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I got a little mad.. Yacine's mom said she would make me some long dresses ... so I went to the fabric store, and measured out for 3 dresses, they have to be long and have long sleeves... came out to be $95.. so.. I didn't buy it.. and I spent 2 1/2 hours picking them out!

Timeline
I got a little mad.. Yacine's mom said she would make me some long dresses ... so I went to the fabric store, and measured out for 3 dresses, they have to be long and have long sleeves... came out to be $95.. so.. I didn't buy it.. and I spent 2 1/2 hours picking them out!

Thats not so bad, around $30 for a dress. Well let me take that back, your a student so maybe not a priority right now. We have alot of Indian people where I live and they have wonderful fabric stores that are alot cheaper than other stores, I'm sure in your area you can find something that is cheaper.

I have also seen fabrics at Walmart, the quality is pretty good too and price is right! I hope you find some soon! :star:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Thats not so bad, around $30 for a dress. Well let me take that back, your a student so maybe not a priority right now. We have alot of Indian people where I live and they have wonderful fabric stores that are alot cheaper than other stores, I'm sure in your area you can find something that is cheaper.

I have also seen fabrics at Walmart, the quality is pretty good too and price is right! I hope you find some soon! :star:

I'm going to call Yacine and see if they possibly have fabric stores in Algeria, because some places you can buy a full already made dress! Well.. not at the Islamic store, and that's how I have to get the dresses cut, long, and long sleeve..

BTW - My moral beliefs prohibit me from shopping @ walmart...

http://walmartwatch.com/

Edited by iceyspots

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.