cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I'm hoping when we have kids, they'll come around, inshaAllah. :star:

Does anyone else's parents have issues with their spouse choice?

Yep. Not only do they have a problem with his nationality/religion, they have a problem with his age as well. I have kept sharing things about him, the hell of this process, the joy he brings me and the heart ache I have with our separation and they are slowly coming around. Of course, they have not met him yet. He wants to call them and if he can ever locate another stupid e-voice card in Egypt (they seem to be hard to come by these days) he will.

I can understand their opinions. I don't push. I just share my life with my parents as I always have. It's up to them what they choose to accept or not. I don't hold it against them.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW I Can't beleive my Comments made it to a whole new Post on Off Topic. That is hilarious. I also got a PM in objection to my comments. YOu know what I said it and I meant it.

By the way, non of you need to take any of the drama that happens on VJ Seriously. It is just so stupid. When Stupid stuff like yesterday hasppens you just have to laugh about it.

Jenn Welcome back and Thanking for attaching the Link.

Come on Guys, This is for Support and entertainment, not drama. Life is full enough of it and escpecially immigration. No need to add to it.

Smile Everyone.

You couldn't be more right! :D

Ok I have to admit I was bad and stirred things up even more. It's just so funny how seriously people are taking this.

Thanks Dollface and Jenn for jumping in.

I sent you the PM because I didn't think it was fair to label us all on OT as racist and ignorant, when in fact there are alot of very caring and supportive ppl there...and I appreciate many of them. Thats pretty much all I said.... :)

Congrats for the date Jodania Princess.

The Evil eye is very common in Lebanon and other places world wide. Jinksing someone like in the US. Like in Islam if you admire something, like someones hair, eyes, home, You say Smallah so as not to Jinks it. I believe in That. The Jinn is in the Koran, I just don't think the pouring hot water down the drain is part of it. Sometimes people Start Old Wives tales for other reasons. I turn on the cold water first and turn Hot water off first so I don't burn myself which I have done several times.

And when it comes to the whole who is commiting fraud to come here. Some people are Just %&*^^. YOu know what the Poeple on Off Topic are the most racist ignorant bastards around. They do nothing but spew out hate and stupidity. God in Fair and what goes around comes around.

Trust me stay out of that Forum.

I'm sorry, but I think that's a horrible generalization. I don't mean to start anything in here, because I read this forum quite a lot & I think its wonderful, but don't let one or a few people allow you to feel justified in slamming a whole bunch of people. Ironically, that is hateful and wrong.

It may not be your cup of tea, and I respect that, but I have been in OT for quite some time & would never think to spew hatred at anyone. There are many people just like me there.

Thank you for listening & good luck on your journey.

:(

There is also many from this forum that are frequent in OT. I don't know what else to say except I am saddened by the generalisation and hope that it was just spur of the moment anger at vanillawhatsherface that prompted it.

Alright, that's it. Things have gotten so ridciculous here at VJ. You can't say ANYTHING anymore without someone looking to pick a fight about it! We all have to give each other hugs and say "you rock!" constantly. I've had it! I didn't realize I joined Barney's playroom. I'm off for a while....

Hypocrisy when people here can get upset about some ignorant comments made from a BANNED troll, yet, we're all racist ignorant bastards and that's ok.

Would you be ok if someone called you or a loved one a racist ignorant ####### who spews hatred and stupidity? Seriously, would you be ok with that?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Would you be ok if someone called you or a loved one a racist ignorant ####### who spews hatred and stupidity? Seriously, would you be ok with that?

Of course not. I post in off-topic but I knew that comment was not directed toward me. Seriously, did you really think she was talking about you?

Edited by jenn3539

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
I sent you the PM because I didn't think it was fair to label us all on OT as racist and ignorant, when in fact there are alot of very caring and supportive ppl there...and I appreciate many of them. Thats pretty much all I said.... :)

Agreed......and not having the stones to apologize....very classy.

We went after beanhead and Jimi in that topic, thank you.

You can say what you want about this being the internet and a chat forum, but we all get support when it is needed and in those moments it becomes a little more than just a chat forum. Friendships are friendships and what you said was uninformed and wrong.

12/5/05 Sent I129F Petition to Nebraska via Express Mail

12/6/05 Packaged received at 10:38 am in Nebraska

12/9/05 Check cashed (Never been so happy to have money leave my account)

12/12/05 Receive NOA1 snail mail - 30-60 day processing estimate

01/04/06 Receive NOA2 via e-mail

1/20/06 NVC letter in mail...will ship within a week.

2/1/06 Packet 3 and 4 in the mail

3/15/06 Interview - neither approved nor declined need to send in Migratory Movement Certificate AP

3/20/06 Migratory Movement Certificate for myself and fiancee sent to US Embassy in Lima

3/23/06 Visa Approved

5/19/06 I leave for Peru to pick up mi amor

5/25/06 Lucia and I arrive in Chicago

7/01/06 Legal Marriage

9/09/06 Religious Wedding

I for one wish you all would take the drama back to the original thread where it happened. Much of this is being taken out of context, at this point neither side is exactly snowy white or smelling like a rose, displaying the same things they are blaming the others for. It's human nature and I can understand it, but I for one am weary of the drama and would like to see it stop.

We are all under stress and pressure. This whole visa process sucks. Let's all leave each other alone now about this, ok?

Of course not. I post in off-topic but I knew that comment was not directed toward me. Seriously, did you really think she was talking about you?

No, but to blast a whole forum...which includes people I consider friends...is not right.

Ignorance and intolerance should NEVER be tolerated, no matter who it comes from. Wouldn't you agree?

I for one wish you all would take the drama back to the original thread where it happened. Much of this is being taken out of context, at this point neither side is exactly snowy white or smelling like a rose, displaying the same things they are blaming the others for. It's human nature and I can understand it, but I for one am weary of the drama and would like to see it stop.

We are all under stress and pressure. This whole visa process sucks. Let's all leave each other alone now about this, ok?

Just waiting, this is the thread where the drama started. :yes:

Timeline
Just waiting, this is the thread where the drama started. :yes:

Actually, it started in Jimi's thread, continued here, went to Laura's thread, back here, then to the thread about vanillabean being booted, then back here, then to yours..... It's tough to keep up with!

Timeline

This is where it started actually and it's not being taken out of context.

If you'd like to see it stop, then tell lostinlove to stop posting about it here as well.

3/15/06 Interview - neither approved nor declined need to send in Migratory Movement Certificate AP

3/20/06 Migratory Movement Certificate for myself and fiancee sent to US Embassy in Lima

3/23/06 Visa Approved

7/01/06 Legal Marriage

Timeline
Please make any comments you wish at the original thread. This is a pinned topic and other people post here and wish to continue with the thread.

You started it on this thread, so it must be a valuable topic of conversation on this pinned thread.

To the people that use this meaningfully I apoligize for the hateful statements of lostinlove that has now polluted your thread.

Best of luck with your visa journey and may you treat others as you would want to be treated and not make inflamatory comments about a group of people. If that happens, prepare for a conversation. If you were bashing muslims, mexicans, couples with age differences, or alleged racists.....you will be met with a group of people that object and expose you, regardless of the forum you choose to post on.

And in the heat of the moment if you happen to say something stupid, may you also have the fortitude and integrity to admit when you are wrong and apologize.....which is a consistant virtue in all of our relgions and personal beliefs.

Adios amigos! You are welcome on Off Topic at any time......the good, the bad and the ugly and everything in between.

Via con dios

3/23/06 Visa Approved

7/01/06 Legal Marriage

Timeline

I think what I've learned from all of this is that it is important for us here in ME/NA to stick together. It's nice to know that you've got my back, as I will have yours. Whatever goes on in that scary OT world, let's try make ME/NA a safe haven, ok?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.