Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Ali is 2 1/2 years older then me ... I got OFFENDED because the girls on here are my ... ready ... are you sure it might hit you hard ... not sure if you've ever heard of this word ... just preparing you ....

Friends !

I would hope they would stick up for me like I did for them. We support each other, laugh with each other, cry with each other, heck JordanianPrincess even has our interview date on her calendar .. what does that say ?

Again vanillabean, get life and leave ours alone. :thumbs:

The Evil Eye

Yes, we believe in the evil eye in Lebanon. I wear it as a necklace, have been since I was a baby. My grandma and all the other elders have sooo many stories about it. I do believe that when you don't say "Allaho Masali Ala Nabi" it will hurt that person. I have never heard of the water part, we're not big on the jinn thing in Lebanon or here in the US.

LOL I really do have it on the calendar..not a lie! LB is right, there are alot of friendships/sisterhoods here. I would not be sharing intimate details of my life if it was not that way and YES I would stand up for you LB. (F) I'm wearing an evil eye around my neck right now! I think most Middle Eastern people believe in it. I also have one hanging from my rear view mirror in my car. :yes:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Mabrook ya habibty !!

I know it's frustrating but the time will go by inshallah. Work hard contact those senators and congressmen and see what happens. I think another visit to your habibi is due. Don't you ? I will be counting down with you ... but hopefully you can move it up. If not, at least you know that you tried.

And here is the dabkeh dance for you :

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Edited by LebaneseBride

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: Timeline

Can't help but feed the trolls once in awhile..............

There is a HUGE difference in our age. It has never been an issue. I take care of myself and look/act 10 years younger than I am, Mohammed looks/acts 10 years older than he is....so we meet in the middle.

I am hot. It's a fact---no insecurities here.

:yes:

Jackie

Timeline
Mabrook ya habibty !!

I know it's frustrating but the time will go by inshallah. Work hard contact those senators and congressmen and see what happens. I think another visit to your habibi is due. Don't you ? I will be counting down with you ... but hopefully you can move it up. If not, at least you know that you tried.

And here is the dabkeh dance for you :

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

LOL, I just love the dabkeh dance! Thank you LB! A visit is definitly overdue! I will be planning one soon :yes: but it will in the Fall. We are gonna try to move it up or OUT :yes: I am grateful but will do my best to get him ASAP. :thumbs:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's funny how a GUY can post about age difference and not be attacked, but a woman cannot say a damn thing.... how hypocritical is that? :blink:

Seems like some of us need to grow an extra layer of skin, eh? :lol::lol::lol:

Quoting kml on another post:

I'm sure Simo never meant to offend no one or blame the returned petitions, but in a way he is right.

I had my interview on April 17,& luckily i got the nice guy.There was another girl on k1 who was being interviwed by the lady & she gave her a real hard time.& to be honest i dont blame the CO.why?

1. She doesnt know english & claimes to understand it, & when the CO asks her in english she just keeps staring at her.

2. Her fiance (USC) doesnt speak neither arabic or frensh, so obviously the CO had to ask her "how do u communicate with eachother??".Hell, I thought of that question even before the CO asked her that

3. The age diffrence of 20 YEARS :thumbs:

4. Her sister in the USA arranged the marriage

5. They dont have any proof of on going relationship like emails, phone bills, chats, etc...

Yes i was evesdroping on em in case i was asked the same questions, but all of a sudden the guy CO calls my name

I'm not saying that you have similar red flags or that u even have any, but just blaming the CO isn't gonna get you any closer to being with your loved one.

Hope i didnt offend anyone with this post, just remember one thing, "we are all here for the same purpose".

Good luck to everyone on their journey...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

There is quite a difference between pointing out that age difference can be a consideration and possibly a red flag for the consulate and saying that females here on the ME/NA forum are searching for "boy toys".

Timeline
Can't help but feed the trolls once in awhile..............

There is a HUGE difference in our age. It has never been an issue. I take care of myself and look/act 10 years younger than I am, Mohammed looks/acts 10 years older than he is....so we meet in the middle.

I am hot. It's a fact---no insecurities here.

Jackie

That's great Jackie! Being secure is the key. :thumbs:

No reason to take it personally unless something isn't feeling right... ;)

Timeline

It's funny how a GUY can post about age difference and not be attacked, but a woman cannot say a damn thing.... how hypocritical is that? :blink:

I'm sure Simo never meant to offend no one or blame the returned petitions, but in a way he is right.

I had my interview on April 17,& luckily i got the nice guy.There was another girl on k1 who was being interviwed by the lady & she gave her a real hard time.& to be honest i dont blame the CO.why?

1. She doesnt know english & claimes to understand it, & when the CO asks her in english she just keeps staring at her.

2. Her fiance (USC) doesnt speak neither arabic or frensh, so obviously the CO had to ask her "how do u communicate with eachother??".Hell, I thought of that question even before the CO asked her that

5. They dont have any proof of on going relationship like emails, phone bills, chats, etc...

Yes i was evesdroping on em in case i was asked the same questions, but all of a sudden the guy CO calls my name

I'm not saying that you have similar red flags or that u even have any, but just blaming the CO isn't gonna get you any closer to being with your loved one.

Hope i didnt offend anyone with this post, just remember one thing, "we are all here for the same purpose".

Um excuse me you troll... if you simply posted about age difference that would be one thing, it was the way you said it. You don't even know anyone here to judge them.

your quote from off topic - Take a look at the middle eastern/north africa pics, THOSE seem quite fradulent. These old women are bringing their boy toys from overseas......

What I think is funny is how you would go in another forum and direct negative attention to us in here and then come in here and try to befriend us. This is not about one specific person at all. I am offended by your comment in off topic simply bcz the women in here have always been supportive and they are friends. We do get into spats, have disagreements, but we are all adults and no one here has sunk to your level nor do I think we could ever be so low.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

Um excuse me you troll... if you simply posted about age difference that would be one thing, it was the way you said it. You don't even know anyone here to judge them.

your quote from off topic - Take a look at the middle eastern/north africa pics, THOSE seem quite fradulent. These old women are bringing their boy toys from overseas......

What I think is funny is how you would go in another forum and direct negative attention to us in here and then come in here and try to befriend us. This is not about one specific person at all. I am offended by your comment in off topic simply bcz the women in here have always been supportive and they are friends. We do get into spats, have disagreements, but we are all adults and no one here has sunk to your level nor do I think we could ever be so low.

I wasn't trying to befriend anyone JP... :no:

Timeline

I wasn't trying to befriend anyone JP... :no:

THEN LEAVE!

Edited by jordanianprincess

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hell yes my husband's my boy toy! And hell yes, I'm his girl toy! What would life be if we couldn't have fun with each other in the process of a life long, committed, loving relationship?

*ehm* now that I've gotten that out of my system, back to your regularly scheduled posting

Edited by rahma

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yaaay, I killed the drama rama on this thread. Well, no, I guess it just moved elsewhere

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Yaaay, I killed the drama rama on this thread. Well, no, I guess it just moved elsewhere

lol

love the avatar rahma!

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.