cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well, I think if you take offense to certain posts, then there must be insecurities of some sort.

I don't feel bad for what I posted, nor do I apologize.

How does taking offense to something mean that you're insecure? I might take offense to many things, that does not mean that those things are even relevant to my life. I am offended by racial slurs against African Americans, for example. I am not African American. I am not insecure about anything involved, it just so happens that I take offense.

Now your comment in the other thread... I do not feel that your comment applies to me. But I am offended nonetheless. You may feel what you said to be true, and that's fine. Do you not see that what you said though is very unkind? If being unkind does not make you feel bad or give you the urge to apologize, so be it.

I stand corrected, I should not have said "offended" but "if you take it personally".

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Well, I think if you take offense to certain posts, then there must be insecurities of some sort.

People under duress just naturally tend to react to overt nastiness dear. Your delivery leaves much to be desired. Unfortunately you are spreading your "joy" around in a forum where people are already under emotional duress. You dear are an obvious button pusher. I absolutely abhor to see what you do to people here and I plan to use the ignore feature so that I am no longer subjected to it. (Congratulations you got on my last nerve. It has very little to do with insecurity, but more so with being tired of ***holes.)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

WHEEEE!!!! I just learned how to use the "ignore" feature :thumbs: Bye bye, bean! :devil:

Noura :innocent:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

People under duress just naturally tend to react to overt nastiness dear. Your delivery leaves much to be desired. Unfortunately you are spreading your "joy" around in a forum where people are already under emotional duress. You dear are an obvious button pusher. I absolutely abhor to see what you do to people here and I plan to use the ignore feature so that I am no longer subjected to it. (Congratulations you got on my last nerve. It has very little to do with insecurity, but more so with being tired of ***holes.)

Wonderfull answer

Timeline

Now for something a little lighter.... this was so cute, I thought we could all use a little extra love.... I hope the attachment works here... Enjoy!

Noura - just trying to spread some love :innocent::luv:

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I stand corrected, I should not have said "offended" but "if you take it personally".

[/font][/size]

Oh hell, I took it personally and my husband is 4 years older than me! The ME/NA bunch is a unique group and it hurts to have someone who should be one of our own undercutting us to get a laugh. We get enough ###### from people in the real world for our choice of spouse. VJ should be a place to escape and find support.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

Now for something a little lighter.... this was so cute, I thought we could all use a little extra love.... I hope the attachment works here... Enjoy!

Noura - just trying to spread some love :innocent::luv:

[/font][/size]

Oh hell, I took it personally and my husband is 4 years older than me! The ME/NA bunch is a unique group and it hurts to have someone who should be one of our own undercutting us to get a laugh. We get enough ###### from people in the real world for our choice of spouse. VJ should be a place to escape and find support.

A big high-five.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I just had to laugh. I told hachemi about the little statement that was made about the older women and the boy toy. He did not say anything else about it for about 10 minutes. Then he said something that made me crack up :lol: "Tell me again what the women said about the toys and the boy's parent?" :lol::lol::lol:

I said "honey she is saying that an older women is using a younger man as a toy."

He did not say anything else about it for another 10 minutes. Then it finally hit him what it meant and he called her something I was shocked he said. "B*#@&" hahaha

Anyway, thought I would share. Our men are so funny sometimes.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

I just had to laugh. I told hachemi about the little statement that was made about the older women and the boy toy. He did not say anything else about it for about 10 minutes. Then he said something that made me crack up :lol: "Tell me again what the women said about the toys and the boy's parent?" :lol::lol::lol:

I said "honey she is saying that an older women is using a younger man as a toy."

He did not say anything else about it for another 10 minutes. Then it finally hit him what it meant and he called her something I was shocked he said. "B*#@&" hahaha

Anyway, thought I would share. Our men are so funny sometimes.

Meriem (F)

I'm having such a laugh over this. Mohammed would have made the same statement... well or maybe something worse. Hahahaha. :lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Ali is 2 1/2 years older then me ... I got OFFENDED because the girls on here are my ... ready ... are you sure it might hit you hard ... not sure if you've ever heard of this word ... just preparing you ....

Friends !

I would hope they would stick up for me like I did for them. We support each other, laugh with each other, cry with each other, heck JordanianPrincess even has our interview date on her calendar .. what does that say ?

Again vanillabean, get life and leave ours alone.

The Evil Eye

Yes, we believe in the evil eye in Lebanon. I wear it as a necklace, have been since I was a baby. My grandma and all the other elders have sooo many stories about it. I do believe that when you don't say "Allaho Masali Ala Nabi" it will hurt that person. I have never heard of the water part, we're not big on the jinn thing in Lebanon or here in the US.

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

You know people who take cheap shots have things to be insecure about. :yes::whistle: **Cough**vanillabean**Cough**

Thanks guys for the support, we are grateful for the date but frustrated too. I am planning on visiting again but it won't be until the end of the summer or christmas time. You would think that if the embassy is so far behind that they would start transfering some cases out to other embassies just like LostinLove mentioned.

Well I need to start writting letters to congressmen, senators, etc. I don't think we can get the date moved but I want to check into the possibility of getting it transfered somewhere else. I checked the application (129F) and you do have the option to go to another embassy, so lets just see if there is anything I can do.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.