cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
This is veering off the original subject but is there belief in the evil eye in Lebanon and Egypt? Belief in jinn and the evil eye is somewhat common in Morocco (don't pour hot water down the drain because it angers the jinn).

I'm a moroccan & have lived in morocco for most of my life & have never heard of such things. :blink:

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

08/26/08 filling date

08/27/08 NOA1

09/12/08 Notice for BIO

10/01/08 BIO

02/04/09 RFE received

02/20/09 RFE mailed

03/03/09 APPROVED

03/16/09 NEW CARD RECEIVED

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a moroccan & have lived in morocco for most of my life & have never heard of such things. :blink:

You also don't like bstilla :lol:

You really have never heard of such things? :huh: Jinn are in the Qu'ran. The hand of Fatima is a fairly common visual in Morocco too - and it is meant to warn off the evil eye.

I know the specific beliefs vary person to person, but I have never met a Moroccan who had never at least heard of these things. :unsure:

Rebecca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

sure I've heard of jinn, its in the coran, but the upsetting the jinn part or the evil eye!!! :wacko:

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

08/26/08 filling date

08/27/08 NOA1

09/12/08 Notice for BIO

10/01/08 BIO

02/04/09 RFE received

02/20/09 RFE mailed

03/03/09 APPROVED

03/16/09 NEW CARD RECEIVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
stfu7.jpg

LOVE THE PIC ICEYSPOTS!!!

lol

Edited by Dixie_Peach

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: Timeline

You really have never heard of such things? :huh: Jinn are in the Qu'ran. The hand of Fatima is a fairly common visual in Morocco too - and it is meant to warn off the evil eye.

Rebecca

The hand of Fatima is seen hanging everywhere in Egypt too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Oh man, I always miss the drama rama. Ah well.

The pancake bunny is one of my favorite thread bombs

pancakebunny.gif

Some other spiffy ones include

special.jpg

dance.jpg

go_you.gif

If you haven't seen the tunak tunak video, you must watch it! :lol:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

Rahma, those are hilarious.... thanks for sharing them! Geez, where have I been, they're all new to me, including bunny w/ a pancake on it's head - definitely a thread buster! :P

As for my earlier post, I was not really thinking straight when I posted that tidbit abt the minimal age difference b/t my SO and I.... yes, it's only 7 mos, but LOVE KNOWS NO BOUNDARIES!!!! 7 mos, 7 yrs, 14 or 21 yrs... doesn't matter! What matters is what one feels for another and how they relate on so many levels. Sure, there's fraud out there (my heart goes out to Portsaid- she was truly in for love, she got screwed b/c his intentions were wrong), but, *Alhamdulillah* this is not the case for many. So, again, I did not intend to step on any toes or hurt any feelings.... I should learn not to post when someone pi$$es me off. Better yet, I should remind myself that I shouldn't let them get to me. :no::innocent:

**IF YOU ALLOW MEAN PEOPLE TO BE INVISIBLE TO YOU, THEY CAN'T UPSET YOU - THEY DON'T EXIST!**

do not give these give these ppl foddering material... :no:

Noura ;)

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Saw the post in off topic... QUESTION... why shouldn't a legal immigrant have the right to question the illegal immigrant? I mean really.. the legal immigrant spent lord knows how many months/years trying to get here the legal way and then to see all these ppl who came here illegally and wanting rights as everyone else... SERIOUSLY I think that gives us and our SO's the right to complain a bit. We waited more than 1 year to be together because the country wouldn't allow them to come here. All coz we did things legally... I don't think its fair for illegal immigrants to have our rights.. personally..i say..go back to your original country, come here legally, then gripe if you don't have the correct rights..then its a legit complaint.... If I snuck into some other country and demanded their rights..do you really think they'd allow that??? I think not.

I hope that didn't upset anyone but that's just my personal feelings and everyone else is allowed to have their own personal feelings too. I don't judge anyone on their opinions. That's all they are.. opinions.

The video.. quite hillarious.. I found myself laughing and dancing all at the same time. (felt a bit wierd) :blush:

I really wish I had more time to come here.. I miss talking every day to you all!!!

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Congrats for the date Jodania Princess.

The Evil eye is very common in Lebanon and other places world wide. Jinksing someone like in the US. Like in Islam if you admire something, like someones hair, eyes, home, You say Smallah so as not to Jinks it. I believe in That. The Jinn is in the Koran, I just don't think the pouring hot water down the drain is part of it. Sometimes people Start Old Wives tales for other reasons. I turn on the cold water first and turn Hot water off first so I don't burn myself which I have done several times.

And when it comes to the whole who is commiting fraud to come here. Some people are Just %&*^^. YOu know what the Poeple on Off Topic are the most racist ignorant bastards around. They do nothing but spew out hate and stupidity. God in Fair and what goes around comes around.

Trust me stay out of that Forum.

Filed: Timeline
Rahma, those are hilarious.... thanks for sharing them! Geez, where have I been, they're all new to me, including bunny w/ a pancake on it's head - definitely a thread buster! :P

As for my earlier post, I was not really thinking straight when I posted that tidbit abt the minimal age difference b/t my SO and I.... yes, it's only 7 mos, but LOVE KNOWS NO BOUNDARIES!!!! 7 mos, 7 yrs, 14 or 21 yrs... doesn't matter! What matters is what one feels for another and how they relate on so many levels. Sure, there's fraud out there (my heart goes out to Portsaid- she was truly in for love, she got screwed b/c his intentions were wrong), but, *Alhamdulillah* this is not the case for many. So, again, I did not intend to step on any toes or hurt any feelings.... I should learn not to post when someone pi$$es me off. Better yet, I should remind myself that I shouldn't let them get to me. :no::innocent:

**IF YOU ALLOW MEAN PEOPLE TO BE INVISIBLE TO YOU, THEY CAN'T UPSET YOU - THEY DON'T EXIST!**

do not give these give these ppl foddering material... :no:

Noura ;)

I was routing you on. I don't think you need to apologize for any reason. We have an age difference too. Other then physical years it doesn't exist between us at all. We love each other, we understand each other, we fell in love for no reason at all other then we felt good together and wanted to be together. Honestly, I can understand the side of people who squirm over age differences because society has pounded these norms into all of us for eons... but I will say until you stand in someone else's shoes, think twice. Mohammed is younger then I am but we are a happy, well-adjusted couple who are dedicated to each other. If someone accused him of being my boy toy, I wouldn't be able to help but LAUGH.

Timeline

I really want to say something.... but I'm not going there :hehe: Hunkering down in the bunker w/ el prez & whoever else might be in there biting tongues....

Be nice Noura.... be nice.... :whistle:

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well, I think if you take offense to certain posts, then there must be insecurities of some sort.

I don't feel bad for what I posted, nor do I apologize.

How does taking offense to something mean that you're insecure? I might take offense to many things, that does not mean that those things are even relevant to my life. I am offended by racial slurs against African Americans, for example. I am not African American. I am not insecure about anything involved, it just so happens that I take offense.

Now your comment in the other thread... I do not feel that your comment applies to me. But I am offended nonetheless. You may feel what you said to be true, and that's fine. Do you not see that what you said though is very unkind? If being unkind does not make you feel bad or give you the urge to apologize, so be it.

Timeline

BTW, thanks Lostinlove.... I think we all know where most of us stand in this boat.... together....

Anyone overboard? :lol:

:luv:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.