cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I was going to go to the conservatory near my house tonight, but unfortunatly, I have a huuuuuuuuuuuge test in Legal Research on Thursday that I have to spend the evening at the library studying for :crying: Husband promised that he'll make it up to me this weekend. I wonder what the sneaky boy is planning :whistle:

I remember all the Valentines Days I sat pining, longing, hoping, wishing for DH and I to be together. And now that he's here, the teacher had to schedule the "midterm" long before we've hit the middle of the term!

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Rahma, Sorry to hear of the schooling studies now when it is Vday. I am sure DH will have something nice planned for the weekend. Keep your chin up.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Yea, last year sucked when sofyan and i were apart, although i flew to him 15 days later or so....this year is awesome...(not to rub it in) we dont really have money for gifts or to celebrate but being which eachother is wayy more than enough....happy vday to all!

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes, every woman here at work is getting flowers. But you know? The ecards I got from my love are worth so much more. His words to me mean more than any flower ever could.

We are both counting down the days until we are in each other's arms again...36 and counting. This time is really flying fast! :D

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Yes, every woman here at work is getting flowers. But you know? The ecards I got from my love are worth so much more. His words to me mean more than any flower ever could.

We are both counting down the days until we are in each other's arms again...36 and counting. This time is really flying fast! :D

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

I will be on plane to visit my baby in 9 days. We can at least celebrate my b-day together. He better do something special. I bought my plane ticket yesterday.

But no e-card, no flowers (Which he could have had his nephew send me for him).

Filed: Timeline

We're together but with Abdel not working he doesn't want to spend my money on me so we just went out for dinner last night. I have an economics exam tonight so we had to celebrate last night. I bought him a soccer ball last night, so that will be his present from me I guess. He wanted it so bad you'd have thought I was buying him a new car.

I'm not one to want cut flowers, so I suggested that he buy me flower bulbs each year. He is so "couple" oriented that he said we should choose new bulbs together each valentine's as our gift to each other. I think that's pretty cool because the longer we are together, the more beautiful flowers we will have in our gardens and every time we look at them it will remind us of our love.

I'm not one to want cut flowers, so I suggested that he buy me flower bulbs each year. He is so "couple" oriented that he said we should choose new bulbs together each valentine's as our gift to each other. I think that's pretty cool because the longer we are together, the more beautiful flowers we will have in our gardens and every time we look at them it will remind us of our love.

WOWOWOW, HB, you have a real sweetie-pie!!! LOL, I really like flowers in the garden too . . . such a beautiful gift to each other!

Did you say he cooks too?? I know you talked about him doing the laundry . . . and, everyone, get your minds out of the gutter as I am talking about "putting the soap in the washing machine" type of laundry (we already know he can do the other one) :lol::lol::lol:

I will be on plane to visit my baby in 9 days. We can at least celebrate my b-day together. He better do something special. I bought my plane ticket yesterday.

But no e-card, no flowers (Which he could have had his nephew send me for him).

Sounds like your habibi might not be 100% aware of our holiday customs.... You might want to try some not-so-subtle hints so he doesn't leave you hanging on your birthday. I learned this from one of my friends; she always seems to get what she is hoping for from her husband, and she told me it's taken years of fairly explicitly telling him ahead of time what she wants. He's got it down now, but at first she was always feeling hurt by what seemed like his lack of sensitivity. It turned out to really just be cluelessness...

Everyone has to be proactive in relationships sometimes, and I think for us it's more important because they may not understand how important these customs are in our culture. Even if they *are* aware of our customs, it might not occur to them that it's important to us personally.

Just my 2 cents...

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I was woke up at 5am with a phone call from my baby. I received 2 really beautiful ecards and three sweet text messages. We spent about 2 hours this morning and 3 hours this afternoon with webcams and skype. In 23 days we will be together. It is all I need! :yes:

Meriem

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Ok, since we are discussing Valentine's Day, I will share what my romantic husband did. I was in the kitchen making him coffee, and when I came in the living room, he had bought 2 scented candles and had them lit by the tv and a box of chocolates. (the good ones!) I love this man.

So tonight when he comes home from work, he gets a massage with warming massage oil (L)

Jacqueline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Greetings from Egypt!!!! I'm having a great time here although I am freezing my butt off at night. What's up with this? I thought Egypt was always warm! :P

Khallid had his interview yesterday and YES, we were approved although the woman said he would get his VISA in 6 weeks. So I'm guessing we are on the AP list now too. The time at the Embassy was terrible. It was like "GO HERE, now GO THERE!" Then we waited for 3 hours for the interview. Once his name was called, the woman repeatedly said "YOUR WIFE this and YOUR WIFE that." Khalled kept telling her that I am his fiance, not his wife. She asked only one question about how we met. Then it was "why would you want to marry a women with two kids?" And "why did she only stay 2 weeks in July?" Then once she knew I would be here for a month, she said "Why is she here a month?" Bad thing was I could not say a word! :angry: Then she was asking about the relationship between him and my kids and why I would not move to Egypt. He said, "look, she cannot bring her kids to Egypt to live because of her ex husband, and besides, I want her kids to get a good education in the U.S" Then she smiled. She also asked how him and the kids communicate. He told her by cam and letters. Of course she wanted to see the pictures the kids sent to him. THANK GOD I had them! Then she wanted to know how we communicate. He told her daily phone calls, computer chat and cards. She then wanted to see them. Once again THANK GOD, I printed off 95% of our phone records and a lot of our chats. I had a few calling cards receipts and she told him..."These are no good," but I had many pages of phone records from PINGO, Gorilla Mobile and Tel3Advantage. Just thankful we were prepared. So, now hopefully, I will only be away from my man about 3 weeks before he comes to me.

for our valentines day, mine bought me a watch. He listened well because I have said that I needed a new watch for around 6 months now. I'm proud of that :). He did tell me some interesting information... He thought that valentines day was the 16th and that it was no big thing. He didn't realize the way we women in america feel about it so he was a bit shocked....

ANGEL MABROOK !!!! I am so happy for your reunion.. I can't wait to get more details..(those are the best)!!!!!

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Congrats to Amy and Khaled for an successful interview, hope your AP goes quickly sucks to be on that list.

Amal!! thanks, i'm so happy!!! Valentine's Day is special for me and Anmar it was the day we first met in person. So this year just made it so sweet.. We went to Walmart looking for a computer shelf,and all the women were staring at him...he's so good looking and all mine..:) things have been going ok the first few days anmar didn't feel like himself, but he told me yesterday he is finally feeling like his old self. I'll post more later i'm at work.

Everyone take care

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Sounds like your habibi might not be 100% aware of our holiday customs.... You might want to try some not-so-subtle hints so he doesn't leave you hanging on your birthday. I learned this from one of my friends; she always seems to get what she is hoping for from her husband, and she told me it's taken years of fairly explicitly telling him ahead of time what she wants. He's got it down now, but at first she was always feeling hurt by what seemed like his lack of sensitivity. It turned out to really just be cluelessness...

Hehe, I have those issues too. When DH and I were together in Egypt, every time we'd pass a flower shop, I'd stop and oo and ahh over the flowers. After about 20 times of this with no response, I flat out said, I want a flower. What, you like flowers? :wacko:

This time around, I made sure to tell him straight out that I wanted flowers of VDay. (F)

I'm hoping all ya'll who aren't with your sweeties this year will be together next VDay, inshaAllah! :luv:

Congratulations Amy! The AR is a pain, but it's really nice they told you the visa was approved (hey, they finally did one thing right). DH and I waited and waited not knowing what the heck they were going to do. Now you can relax and enjoy the rest of your vacation in Egypt. Take lots of picture! :dance:

congratulations.gif

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.