cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

I think my husband may be a little (lot) more uptight than many of yours. If he found me on here discussing details of our laundry in even the vaguest of terms or even saying I missed it, he would kill me. Seriously, it might be enough to end our relationship. :unsure:

Rebecca

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I agree with you on this one Rebecca. Mohammed would be furious if he even thought I would discuss such a private matter on this forum.

And for those of you who have husbands here in America that my husband talks to occaisionally....be aware that my husband reads VisaJourney so don't say anything here that you don't want getting back to your men. :no: I just had to explain to him about laundry and Amal's husband's clothes. :blush: That was an interesting talk that had him very confused. :whistle:

Jackie

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I think my husband may be a little (lot) more uptight than many of yours. If he found me on here discussing details of our laundry in even the vaguest of terms or even saying I missed it, he would kill me. Seriously, it might be enough to end our relationship. :unsure:

Rebecca

Rebecca,

You're not alone. My husband wouldn't forgive me either. He is extremely private. He doesn't even like for me to tell others our pet names! He says that it should only be between us, which is true. It is a lot more special when you keep these personal issues between the two. ;)

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

My husband does excellant laundry :) I did have to teach him how to turn on the washer and what temp and if it's colors or whites or if the clothes need to go in the gentle cycle. He dries them too and folds them. I came home to all my clothes folded like they belonged on a store shelf. I think I'll keep him. Ok he's arguing with me reading what i am typing saying he learned his self.. :lol: I don't mind washing clothes i just don't like folding or ironing. Wrinkle free clothes rule!!!!!! :thumbs:

Oh yeah he cooks too :dance:

Edited by angelk96

I wanted to surpise Mohammed when he came home from work tonight, so I started to cook mjeddrah. The salad is awesome, but I think I really messed up on the rice and lentils. Was I supposed to cook them separate or together? Why is this so hard for me??????????

Jackie

Timeline

Jackie you must of missed the middle eastern cooking thread.. I never cooked that before but post it in the middle eastern cooking thread. surely someone there knows??

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9429

I got some simple recipes from the gals there all of it tasted it great. Tonight I tried JP meat and tomato recipe..tasted awesome

Rebecca

same here actually

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
I wanted to surpise Mohammed when he came home from work tonight, so I started to cook mjeddrah. The salad is awesome, but I think I really messed up on the rice and lentils. Was I supposed to cook them separate or together? Why is this so hard for me??????????

Jackie

You cook them together. :thumbs:

Rebecca

I'm so glad my fiance is not that serious. :yes:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Rebecca

I am glad mine is!!! I would be very disappointed in him and feel disrespected if he were to talk in a public forum about our "laundry", and he thankfully he never would -- but it is exactly these type of things that make each of our men right for each of us. :) Sometimes I tease him about how serious he can be about these things; however, the reality is, I truly love how he takes Islamic precepts as guidance for our marriage because the result is, he treats me so well. I am NOT implying that anyone's husband who does differently doesn't treat her well - (gosh things are so touchy around here lately you feel you need to fill every post with disclaimers) - only that overall, it is the sum of all his beliefs and practices that makes him the incredible husband he is, and are a benefit to our marriage and to me.

Rebecca

Rebecca

I am glad mine is!!! I would be very disappointed in him and feel disrespected if he were to talk in a public forum about our "laundry", and he thankfully he never would -- but it is exactly these type of things that make each of our men right for each of us. :) Sometimes I tease him about how serious he can be about these things; however, the reality is, I truly love how he takes Islamic precepts as guidance for our marriage because the result is, he treats me so well. I am NOT implying that anyone's husband who does differently doesn't treat her well - (gosh things are so touchy around here lately you feel you need to fill every post with disclaimers) - only that overall, it is the sum of all his beliefs and practices that makes him the incredible husband he is, and are a benefit to our marriage and to me.

Rebecca

Ok ok guys... but I don't think anyone discussed any "details" here other then a little tongue in cheek joking cryptically because things have gotten a bit catty on other threads.

I would NEVER openly discuss my intimate affairs with my husband because they are no one's business.

But a joke remains just that... a JOKE.

Timeline

Rebecca

Rebecca

Ok ok guys... but I don't think anyone discussed any "details" here other then a little tongue in cheek joking cryptically because things have gotten a bit catty on other threads.

I would NEVER openly discuss my intimate affairs with my husband because they are no one's business.

Belzabt!!

Although I still want suggestions about my having a baby!!!

so if you are morally terrified :o of posting suggestions you can private msg me

Belzabt!!

Although I still want suggestions about my having a baby!!!

so if you are morally terrified :o of posting suggestions you can private msg me

What about a nice romantic weekend getaway? Just the two of you? I bet you are both so stressed out you just need some nice "alone" time . . . Just my 1/2 cent opinion.

:blush:

I am not here to debate details or jokes, and I actually don't care if other people chose to share details - that is their choice, but I personally feel saying how long it it has been or how frequently you do "loads" to be details, even if "cryptic". With the exception of a few, everyone knows what is being said.

Even if it is only joking with no details, my husband would find it in poor taste for a bunch of women to be posting weakly coded jokes about sex on a public forum - especially one where men he knows can and do come on and read. If some guy told him "your wife is on that VJ posting coded jokes about sex", he would probably be very embarassed and probably ask me not to do it again.

Anyway, that is just his point of view and others are free to disagree and joke away. I was sharing my experience and not imposing it on anyone else.

Rebecca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.