cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I think it needs to be locked ... it has gotten waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of hand.

This website was not made to bash people. Shon is not one of my "friends" and I disagree with everything she says but come on people. 18 pages of bashing ?!? Wow. I thought I was the only one .. guess I'm not.

It was funny and scary at the same time.

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
If you don't make it to Off Topic too often..this thread is worth checking out! Some people are unbelievable...sorry you had to go through this BS Icyspots!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9538

JP... you added me to your yahoo messenger list, and then when I requested back you denied me.. I'm hurt......lol

This website was not made to bash people. Shon is not one of my "friends" and I disagree with everything she says but come on people. 18 pages of bashing ?!? Wow. I thought I was the only one .. guess I'm not.

plz... let's leave the dirt where the dirt is laying... lol... let's not pull that post into this one so she can start stuff here too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

If you don't make it to Off Topic too often..this thread is worth checking out! Some people are unbelievable...sorry you had to go through this BS Icyspots!

JP... you added me to your yahoo messenger list, and then when I requested back you denied me.. I'm hurt......lol

plz... let's leave the dirt where the dirt is laying... lol... let's not pull that post into this one so she can start stuff here too.

:huh: Really it was denied? weird...your name just dissapeared off my list when I signed in today..I will try again. :thumbs:

:huh: Really it was denied? weird...your name just dissapeared off my list when I signed in today..I will try again. :thumbs:

I stumbled on that thread by accident yesterday, then after reading 14 pages of..I was sucked in :lol:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

I have seen that person post in many topics and most every one is a negative post towards someone else. Sounds like someone needs a nap!

I wanted to say something on the animal issue.... I had told my husband that I had a dog but didn't think to tell him that she was an inside dog. He was quite shocked when he got here. Now he loves her as much as the rest of us and is really embracing that we treat animals as people. Still..it would be better if she were outside coz she leaves hair all over the place and he really hates to find hair in his food. There are religious reasons for it as well. He has accepted her in the home and has told me to not worry about putting her outside.. (he's such a great person).. but I know that (religiously) it would be better for him if she were outside..so a fence is soon to be bought for her...

It is both a preference and a religious decision so I think that both of you were right in your "arguments".

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

For the Morocco folks. This is an article I found about Morocco on cnn.com. Thought it would interest you.

Meriem

Edited by Meriem_setif

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

For all those here who have had their I130's approved, can you please tell me what's the next step after approval? Do you pay the Immigrant Visa fee right away?

Andrea

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

NVC CR 1 and K3 Timeline

03/17/2005 CR-1 Case assigned number

04/15/2005 Received I-864 Bill

04/18/2005 Paid I-864 Bill

04/30/2005 Husband receives DS-3023

05/02/2005 Husband returns signed froms to NH

05/28/2005 I-864 Forms & IV Bill received.

05/31/2005 I-864 forms to NVC

05/31/2005 IV payment to St Louis, MO.

06/02/2005 USPS confirmation for I-864 NVC

06/02/2005 USPS confirmation IV payment MO.

06/20/2005 DS-230 came forwarded to husband.

06/22/2005 I 129-F approved and will go to NVC

06/29/2005 DS-230 arrived at NVC from Pakistan

06/30/2005 Both cases are awaiting approval.

07/18/2005 CASE COMPLETED CR1 (124 days @ NVC) and forwarded to Isalamabad embassy on 07/27/05 and arrived 08/01/05.

07/20/2005 CASE COMPLETED on K3/I 129-F (32 days @ NVC) and will forward to embassy now within one week.Sent to Islamabad on 07/20/05 and received 07/25/05. Embassy cancels the K3 without interview or paperwork since CR1 was at the embassy one week later.

Edited by mianishqsrose

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

IcySpots....I wanted to give u props for the way u handled that situation....i missed most all of it, but shon is a negative person and had no business even starting what she did....the majority of us know that in any culture of religion, a marriage filled with love and respect has to accomplished by the man and women sharing in just that.....I lived in the middle east close to a year and i know, not one man could possibly take care of hisself let alone a wife or kids on one income alone...I had no problem ever sending money to sofyan and i also never felt "less of a women" your right when you say your husband will come here and take care of you, cause that is his duty....but in the middle east it is close to impossible for him to do just that.....dont take anything that was said to heart.....you know who you are, and who your husband is. no one could ever change that.....and for what its worth i always sent the money from western union directly from my debit card, its there in about 5 mins and i think i paid anywhere from 12-20$ depending on how much i sent....if u go to westernunion.com u can check it out....

On another Note!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sofyan got his learners permit today and will attempt to get his license on wednesday....he did drive in jordan but it has been about 2 years, so hes a little rusty...hes been cruising around all day today in my Mini Van...its sooo cute!!! Easter was fabulous and sofyan LOVED being around my dads side of family...we had a townhouse filled with my 20+ aunts and uncles, about 52 first and second cousins, and my brothers and sisters of course.....it took a good hour to get the introductions in, but he seemed to take everything very well....it was his first time for turkey and stuffing, which, OF COURSE, he loved, and the night before we even dyed easter eggs!!! Its three weeks since we have been home, and things could not be better.....

things to accomplish this week

1. get sofyans license

2. get sofyan a car

3. work my behind of this weekend to go downtown saturday night!! Navy Pier here we come!

wish i could be here more, but its truly just not possible...i miss chatting with all of you....hope all is well

Kelly and Sofyan

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Timeline
IcySpots....I wanted to give u props for the way u handled that situation....i missed most all of it, but shon is a negative person and had no business even starting what she did....the majority of us know that in any culture of religion, a marriage filled with love and respect has to accomplished by the man and women sharing in just that.....I lived in the middle east close to a year and i know, not one man could possibly take care of hisself let alone a wife or kids on one income alone...I had no problem ever sending money to sofyan and i also never felt "less of a women" your right when you say your husband will come here and take care of you, cause that is his duty....but in the middle east it is close to impossible for him to do just that.....dont take anything that was said to heart.....you know who you are, and who your husband is. no one could ever change that.....and for what its worth i always sent the money from western union directly from my debit card, its there in about 5 mins and i think i paid anywhere from 12-20$ depending on how much i sent....if u go to westernunion.com u can check it out....

On another Note!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sofyan got his learners permit today and will attempt to get his license on wednesday....he did drive in jordan but it has been about 2 years, so hes a little rusty...hes been cruising around all day today in my Mini Van...its sooo cute!!! Easter was fabulous and sofyan LOVED being around my dads side of family...we had a townhouse filled with my 20+ aunts and uncles, about 52 first and second cousins, and my brothers and sisters of course.....it took a good hour to get the introductions in, but he seemed to take everything very well....it was his first time for turkey and stuffing, which, OF COURSE, he loved, and the night before we even dyed easter eggs!!! Its three weeks since we have been home, and things could not be better.....

things to accomplish this week

1. get sofyans license

2. get sofyan a car

3. work my behind of this weekend to go downtown saturday night!! Navy Pier here we come!

wish i could be here more, but its truly just not possible...i miss chatting with all of you....hope all is well

Kelly and Sofyan

Kelly - thanks.. some people just don't know when to shut it.

What kind of car are you thinking about getting? They're selling cheap and like hotcakes in Detroit :)

jac....i know i know....but u know how it is....i dont have any spare time for anything right now....wallahi none....im trying i really am...

and icyspots...were thinking about a lexus or a honda...were not sure...his brother works for an auction so it would be something from there....

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Timeline
jac....i know i know....but u know how it is....i dont have any spare time for anything right now....wallahi none....im trying i really am...

and icyspots...were thinking about a lexus or a honda...were not sure...his brother works for an auction so it would be something from there....

Good choice :thumbs:

Although I'd prefer the lexus :P

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hey guys just an update on us :

Ali recieved packet 4 today (remember when they sent the email asking for his home address I think this is why) Al hamdullah. :DNVC told me they sent the medical papers to my home ... but hey who cares as long as he has them right ? They also sent a list of things they need submitted .... everything on the list we sent with the DS-230 (the checklist) .. I think they just want updated ones. Like the police report, etc. They also sent a list of the doctors in Lebanon so he needs to call and make an appt. ASAP. I cannot believe it's actually happening ....

As for me I've been planning for our duchle/second wedding for our family here in the US full swing. It's going to be pretty big and fancy ! :star: My mom and I are going to book the hall today for July 14th. My colors are pink and gold with a little theme of pearls. I cannot wait it's gonna be soo beautiful. We also have to start furnishing our empty home. It's been a whirlwind since he got his interview date .... we are both sooo busy !

Again I say, AL HAMDULLAH !!

Edited by LebaneseBride

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
Hey guys just an update on us :

Ali recieved packet 4 today (remember when they sent the email asking for his home address I think this is why) Al hamdullah. :DNVC told me they sent the medical papers to my home ... but hey who cares as long as he has them right ? They also sent a list of things they need submitted .... everything on the list we sent with the DS-230 (the checklist) .. I think they just want updated ones. Like the police report, etc. They also sent a list of the doctors in Lebanon so he needs to call and make an appt. ASAP. I cannot believe it's actually happening ....

As for me I've been planning for our duchle/second wedding for our family here in the US full swing. It's going to be pretty big and fancy ! :star: My mom and I are going to book the hall today for July 14th. My colors are pink and gold with a little theme of pearls. I cannot wait it's gonna be soo beautiful. We also have to start furnishing our empty home. It's been a whirlwind since he got his interview date .... we are both sooo busy !

Again I say, AL HAMDULLAH !!

That's fantastic news !!! Congratulations !!!! :dance::dance::dance: Insha'allah you're almost done and your long separation will soon be over. Wishing you all the best for a speedy & successful interview !

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.