Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hello all!Just wanted to say hello from jordan.Good to see my husband but th bad news is we got our interview date for january 25th 2007 :crying: But what can we say at least it is a date.This is a bad thing but we just keep hangin on.Guess i will be back here again in october.Hope all is well with everyone

I can't believe Jan 2007 for an interview! That's insane. :yes: Enjoy your time with your hubby! (F)

Timeline

WOW....kinda feels like WWE smack down or something hear gals. And what is up with the crazy PM'S I have been getting this weekend? Anyone else getting these???? :huh: You know, all of us here are going to say that we love and trust the man we are with. That is what relationships are built on. There is no way of knowing exactly what will happen once our husbands/fiances are with us. I think the gals here on the forum are smart women and if any of us saw a red flag, we would know what to do. I know I hear comments all the time regarding my ME fiance. Sure I know not all these marriages work out, but then again how many marriages don't work out with american men? Sometimes I feel like my life will be under a big microscope with everyone watching me just to point out if there is a small problem between my fiance/husband just to say "I told you so!" Sure we might have to work a little harder in our marriages because there may be some obstacles that would not be there if we were with american men, but I am ready and willing to tacking all these obstacles head on. :yes: I'm sure there will be many things I learn about my fiance when we start our lives together as husband and wife and I know he will learn many things about me. Most of us here have not seen our fiances many times to learn everything about them. As much as I love and trust my fiance IF there was ANYTHING he had done in his past that MAYBE I should be aware of, I would want to know about it. Especially if it was directly involving me in someway. Minor to major, I would want to know about it. Maybe I am wrong, but this happened with my ex when he was not honest about something and I will be paying for this for the rest of my life. Just my opinion though.

I guess the whole point to my rambling is that we need to support each other. A lot of people don't understand why we love our men like we do and we really need each other to lean on. (L) As for the person that is sending me the PM'S, please stop. I don't know you and by the way you are acting, I don't want to know you. (SORRY GALS, I HAD to say it) :blush: Ok....I will end my short novel now! :lol:

Filed: Timeline

Wow, January 2007. That seems like forever from now. The only good thing about knowing the date is you won't be left hoping he'll be here for Chrismas or New Years. At least it's something definite, although not very encouraging.

For whoever it was that quoted the Koran: Not all of us here are Muslim. Many of us are either other religions or non-religious. Please do not impose your religious opinion on us since we really don't care what the Koran says, for me, any more than I care what the Bible says. Think about how you'd feel if someone came in here quoting the Bible. Middle East does not necessarily mean Muslim.

As for slandering someone - nobody did that. I saw no names, just someone asking for advice on how to handle a delicate situation. That's what we're all here for. If someone knew positively that my loved one had done what this man had done, and could show me clear proof, I'd certainly want to know. Why let me get hurt? That's just plain stupid. I've seen too many people suffer because nobody had the guts to speak up about what they saw. They felt it was none of their business. I was raised that you didn't stand by and let someone be hurt, you intervened even if it meant risking injury to yourself. If this man had another woman file for him in the past, and his current fiancee files for him, the chances of him getting a visa are slim. This woman will waste her money and time and love trying to get a man here that already knows his chances are slim. To me, that is letting someone be hurt. If she is told the situation and still chooses to sponsor him, then she is choosing to be hurt, a totally different story.

Just my two cents.

Timeline
As for slandering someone - nobody did that. I saw no names, just someone asking for advice on how to handle a delicate situation. That's what we're all here for. If someone knew positively that my loved one had done what this man had done, and could show me clear proof, I'd certainly want to know. Why let me get hurt? That's just plain stupid. I've seen too many people suffer because nobody had the guts to speak up about what they saw. They felt it was none of their business. I was raised that you didn't stand by and let someone be hurt, you intervened even if it meant risking injury to yourself. If this man had another woman file for him in the past, and his current fiancee files for him, the chances of him getting a visa are slim. This woman will waste her money and time and love trying to get a man here that already knows his chances are slim. To me, that is letting someone be hurt. If she is told the situation and still chooses to sponsor him, then she is choosing to be hurt, a totally different story.

Just my two cents.

These are exactly the words I was wanting to say. :D

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

My goodness Windancer next year?? what the heck is going on in Amman these days. I can't believe that many people are trying to immigrate through that consulate. I am glad you finally got an interview date that's that best now you can get on with your life and do the little things you need to get done. It's already April time sure flies, and hopefully it will go very quickly for you. If you need to vent you know where you can come because we'll be right there to help you through this time. Same with you Andrea i know August is a long time off but now is the time to get all those little things done. I know how stressed you and ur husband got when u got that date. Even though ours were 2 months in advance it doesn't count for the time of 12 weeks waiting for that date so it added up to 5 months total waiting for that embassy.

I am not sure if any of you will agree with me, but this ME/NA forum lately has gotten a little out of control. If i was a newbie and came in here looking for information and seen some of the posts i would hesitate to ask any questions and that's sad. Well to the ones that are still here and are willing to still post and help peopleand ignore all the other BS I'll copy Jackie/jmagayreh and give a "BIG GROUP HUG"

Angel

If i never said before I just want to say now that it was very nice knowing some of you and thanks for all the support you gave. You ladies are awesome!!!! (F)(F)(F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

On the latest subject :

On the yallah ME thread I have not seen any names, I cannot speak for PMs cuz I havent been getting any. So to me, it is not slandering when there are no names. I am a Muslim, but would never quote the Quran on here because I know my friends who are Christian, Jewish, or from other reliigons would be offended. That's all I have to say on the matter.

Soo let's the change the subject now shall we ?

When your SO finally gets the visa and comes out to the US where is the first place you plan on taking him/her ? If they are already here where did you take them ?

All you Californians know In&Out ... I talk about it sooo much to Ali. So I think as soon as he gets off the plan we are going to rush to the nearest In&Out. I cannot wait till he tries it ... If you don't know what it is it is only the best hamburger fast food chain in the world :D

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Timeline

:lol:

On the latest subject :

Soo let's the change the subject now shall we ?

When your SO finally gets the visa and comes out to the US where is the first place you plan on taking him/her ? If they are already here where did you take them ?

LOL...I tease Khallid that I am going to take him to the Super Wal-Mart! I am always mentioning that I have to go to Wal-Mart for this and that. He does not really comprehend how large Wal-Mart is. I tell him I will drop him off before I go to work and pick him up on the way home!

Timeline

I took mine to a hotel :lol::lol: ok ok his plane arrived at 11pm and we were both exhausted and went to a hotel. The next day traveling home I made a stop in Lincoln NE and took him to an little arab store to buy what he needed in case he missed his arab food. I also took him to walmart I call it the 100.00 store because every time I go in there I spend a 100.00. :hehe:

Timeline

We need to start a little support group for when our SO finally get here. To be honest withyou all this immigration process is only a little part of what happens. So if anyone is up for that let me know or if you have suggestions please post them. Be nice to share ideas on how to cope with the aftermath and make sure our marriages succeed and not fall by the wayside. I know i had some overwhelming days where i felt i couldn't cope with my new situation even though me and my husband have known each other for years i still felt overwhelmed by the situation.

Angel

I agree Angel, no matter how much you love your man, the first month after he gets here is just plain hard. Abdel's been here 5 months and we're getting into a good routine now, but the first month was a huge adjustment, especially since I was right at the finals of the hardest semester since I started school.

All I can say is talk, talk, talk. The more the two of you communicate about the frustrations and the more understanding you both are about what you are going through, the easier it will be.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Group Hug :yes: I would love to hear stories on the husbands adjustments here in the States. That was one of the things i use to worry about, and to be honest, still do. Will my husband be happy here? Will he take well to some of the racial remarks against Arabs? Will he like American food or will it always be ME food? Will he like the weather here? ETC ETC ETC

Come on ladies who have their husbands here and men who have their wives here. Doesnt' matter what country you are really from if you happen to drop by to see what the ME/Africa posts all about. The one's in WAITING are desperate to keep busy preparing. WE learn from each other.

Thank you.

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

For whoever it was that quoted the Koran: Not all of us here are Muslim. Many of us are either other religions or non-religious. Please do not impose your religious opinion on us since we really don't care what the Koran says, for me, any more than I care what the Bible says. Think about how you'd feel if someone came in here quoting the Bible. Middle East does not necessarily mean Muslim.

As for slandering someone - nobody did that. I saw no names, just someone asking for advice on how to handle a delicate situation.

I assumed since the person who first posted started with "salaamu alaikum" (an Islamic greeting) they were muslim and since that was one of the ppl to whom I was replying that's why I quoted from the Quran. If you read all the posts you would have seen two ppl (this person and another who just joined) calling another person a terrorist.

I am not offended by the bible so I wouldn't care if anyone quoted from it. I do myself on occassion ;)

This does spark my curiosity though.... If this question is not offensive to anyone (because I don't mean it to be I'm just curious) how many women here are marrying or are married to muslim men but are not yourself muslim?

Good to see that we can discuss AFTER the visa is issued! For such a long time, I was one of the only ones here that already had her husband here. I am a pioneer........... Ok, maybe not that dramatic, but nothing can prepare you for that first month.

First month is unpacking and settling in. You will probably have to go to work, so there is that first week that you leave him home alone. You will worry about what he is eating, what he is watching on tv, if the phone rings, what will he do....the list goes on.

The next few months, he might become a little restless wanting to work, drive and become independant. Well, after 2 years of trying to get Mohammed here, it was not easy for me to let him go. Finally tho, came the drivers license, job and watching him pull away the first time from home was like sending a kindergardner to school. (yes he did get lost and ended up in Wisconsin, we live in Illinois)

Six months to a year later, wanting more, a better job a better car and planning that first trip home to visit the family. This is when they get their first credit card and really start to build a life here.

All the troubles of immigration and the long wait, is just the beginning to the rest of your lives together. I wouldn't trade a minute of it. Mohammed is a loving, caring, hardworking husband and I thank Allah everyday for bringing us together.

Ok, first thing in America we went to ....was Walmart :yes: He could not believe you could buy food, tires and clothes all in the same store! lol

Let's here some more 'reunited and it feels so good' stories.

Jackie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.