Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
:dance: I have been so busy over the last 7 days. My fiance got his passport and visa on last Monday. Today, he arrived in the USA!!! I talked to him on the phone as he left the airport. No, I haven't seen him because he flew directly to his family. He will spend a couple of weeks with them and finally come to me just before our wedding in mid-April.

I am so exhausted after all the waiting and hoping and praying. It is so good to be in this place right now. :) I am very happy and so thankful that God has brought us this far. :innocent:

Congratulations on his visa being in issued and his already in the states.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well gals....I have officially been diagnosed with panic attacks. (Thanks to all my dear friends at the DOS and the embassy) Over the past 5 days, I have been told twice our case was approved, one it would take 3-6 more months and twice that the case is still in AR. :angry: I just wish Donald Duck would give my case to someone that has a brain. The tin man has a brain don't he???? LOL :lol::lol: Anyway, I guess my body has just had enough. I guess I've actually been having them for about a week now, but I was blowing it off as bad heartburn. That's some serious heartburn eh? ;) I'm just going crazy.....people that had their interview the same day are approved...great for them, but I want my man too damnit like everyone else on here does. I keep thinking about Shon and Mary and really girls, I don't know how the heck you do it. You both are so strong and are such an inspiration to the others here. Hopefully the meds I have now will help me....or make me not care! I think I may stay away from VJ for a while because all the happiness I feel for others, makes me want to pull my hair out.

Amal, where are you finding these movies?

Andrea

Andrea,

I got a subscription to Blockbuster and searched with my husband in the "foreign" category. The only problem is that you have to make sure it has subtitles or you will be lost. Noor translated the entire movie to me coz it has such an important message. As I said before.. do some research to make sure it has subtitles before purchasing. Still a very fantastic movie though.

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Well, Amy, I know a bit about feeling bad as other people bypassed me too. Yes, having someone interviewed on the same day get approved and have their spouse get to U.S. makes you feel really bad. After Ahmed's interview on Nov. 1, we were just so pumped up, LOL, really thinking/wishing (me) that the visa would be given to him in 10 days. I had him talk to someone else who interviewed two weeks before he did to get some insight into the interview process. When this other guy got his visa about 6 weeks after his interview (arriving in the States before Xmas), Ahmed knew exactly how many days it took and thought that he would get his visa after that much time too. He went through so many disappointments as the time grew longer and other people got visas. First, we were saying "Home by Thanksgiving", then "Home by Christmas/New Years" (I really wanted this last one because I had so many days off and he was wondering so much about xmas in America). I never imagined that it would take 4 1/2 months, but I was going "PLEASE don't let this drag on to over 6 months!!!" . . . even though I have heard of other cases that went so long.

Soooooooo, I made a conscious decision to back away from VJ for awhile and not pay attention to other ppl's "success" . . . that was not easy either. I came at least once a day, LOL! For me, Mary has been the calmest person on the whole VJ board . . . always supportive and never (hardly ever, lol, except that one time she decided to leave VJ after an upset) getting down on others . . . always congratulating everyone. I found that hard to do for awhile.

I know we have our visa now, so I can be a bit more calm for awhile (at least until we start AOS, LOL). I am just waiting on Ahmed to decide on when he has had enough of finishing things for his family so he can come to Dallas. I am OK with that now since I had just seen him in Cairo and I know he will be here soon PLUS now my job is starting to take up a lot of my attention (POOR AHMED).

Really, all I am trying to say is (and don't hate me for saying this) . . . you are so close now, just RELAX!!!! They might be making you crazy, but you have no control over what these ppl are doing. It will all get straightened out soon and probably not by you getting all worked up about it. If you feel better taking some action, then try to write a nice calm email to the consulate asking for a better explanation of what is going on (after you have called DOS?? to find out what the status is from their side). Try not to get too worked up because that will only drive the panic attacks. I know this is easier said than done . . . but soon it will be over and you can forget about this part.

Take care of yourself,

Catherine

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I finally got my laptop fixed so I should be able to keep everyone up to date a little better. Still no news here. Interview was the end of December, went thru AR, no news, called many times, then was informed that Amr somehow was considered dead because he had a death record! :huh: I did check his pulse and he is quite alive! :P We are just waiting, waiting, and waiting some more. Sucks big ones!

I too cannot get a straight answer from anyone at the embassy. I am more at ease and this is not such a big issue to me at the present time since I am staying with him in Egypt till his visa approval. In 1 week I received 5 different emails from the embassy all saying something different. Sound familier to you? :whistle:

Amy, I really miss you! Amr and Khallid talk all the time and I have seen him a few times. (sorry hun) I swear every time I see him he is "Amy, Amy, Amy" He really loves you girl! He said he was leaving Cairo till he receives the visa? PM me and tell me the details.

Sorry to hear that you are having the panic attacks. I know how you feel, I was having them too before I came to stay here for a while. I'm not going to tell you what everyone else has told you. You already know. I do know how you feel, and I am here for you if you need anything. :luv:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Speaking of traveling, I can't wait until we are able to go back to Jordan. I miss it like crazy!! Maybe I'm crazy but I miss the simple ways. Sometimes the ways of America really get to me (especially after I went to Jordan and saw how simple it can be). I just want to be in a place where time doesn't matter and where people are more focused on family than on work and money. Does that make sense? Anyway.. I am planning to take the family to Ha Ha Tanka today if the wether permits. If any of you haven't been there... YOU JUST GOTTA SEE IT!! Its fantastic!!!

(F) amal (F)

amal... makes sense to me... that's what i want too... to live my live with my family and husband (to be) in peace... and happiness...

I know exactly what you mean. I listen to Arabic CDs at work, and Abdel found a Tunisian radio station he can listen to on streaming radio on his computer so we listen to that a lot at night together while I'm sitting at my computer paying bills or working on other paperwork. Our computers are about 8 feet apart so it's a great way for us to spend time together.

All the Arabic music has me really missing Morocco. We've already decided to spend 2 weeks vacation there every year as soon as he has his travel and work documents. Of course as soon as we said that we amended it to 1 week in Morocco and 1 week somewhere in Europe or Africa that we want to see.

This morning we were talking about living in Morocco in about 20 years when we retire. It's wonderful to have a man by my side that wants the same things I do in life, and who can talk about growing old together.

Liz... Jamal and I have talked about retiring to Morocco also... I think that is a FANTABULOUS idea... life is so much more simple there... not so BUSY as it is here in the states... God, I miss Kenitra! What a romantic place!!! Jamal and I had talked about just putting money aside to build a little villa... but, I got news for the man... I want to be by the water... hehe...

:dance: I have been so busy over the last 7 days. My fiance got his passport and visa on last Monday. Today, he arrived in the USA!!! I talked to him on the phone as he left the airport. No, I haven't seen him because he flew directly to his family. He will spend a couple of weeks with them and finally come to me just before our wedding in mid-April.

I am so exhausted after all the waiting and hoping and praying. It is so good to be in this place right now. :) I am very happy and so thankful that God has brought us this far. :innocent:

sooooooooo happy to know that your sweetie is here... and you guys will be getting married soon... i'd be going crazy tho... don't know if i could wait a couple of weeks just to see him... hope happy reunions are coming soon!!!

Well gals....I have officially been diagnosed with panic attacks. (Thanks to all my dear friends at the DOS and the embassy) Over the past 5 days, I have been told twice our case was approved, one it would take 3-6 more months and twice that the case is still in AR. :angry: I just wish Donald Duck would give my case to someone that has a brain. The tin man has a brain don't he???? LOL :lol::lol: Anyway, I guess my body has just had enough. I guess I've actually been having them for about a week now, but I was blowing it off as bad heartburn. That's some serious heartburn eh? ;) I'm just going crazy.....people that had their interview the same day are approved...great for them, but I want my man too damnit like everyone else on here does. I keep thinking about Shon and Mary and really girls, I don't know how the heck you do it. You both are so strong and are such an inspiration to the others here. Hopefully the meds I have now will help me....or make me not care! I think I may stay away from VJ for a while because all the happiness I feel for others, makes me want to pull my hair out.

Yep... thought about it myself...

It is very difficult to not feel that your case is being over-looked, etc... especially when others around you are getting their approvals and visas...

Whenever I feel anxious... i always go to look for shon's and mary's posts... they always seem to cheer me up... and give some wonderful pearls of wisdom... hoping the best for ya! *hugs* Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

In 1 week I received 5 different emails from the embassy all saying something different. Sound familier to you? :whistle:

God, those people really play with your minds :( Maybe I should do a medical study on the association of the visa application process with panic attacks? There seem to be quite a few people here who've had that problem brought on by it :blink:

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Windancer have a safe trip. Enjoy every monent with your husband!!!

Well not much happening at my end. I bought a dell lap tap computer so now me and anmar can play yahoo pool, and just for fun we chat to each other even though we are in the same room :lol:

I was thinking I don't think we officially welcomed Jordanian Princess and LebaneseBride and jessNgeorges and Dixie Peach to our little Yallah Middle East thread .If i am forgetting anyone let me know. As you already know anything goes here and just a good place to vent. So welcome. (F)(F)

Mary how are you doing? Any news yet? Praying for you girl!!

Honeyblonde i see you got a RFE hopefully it's resolved soon.

Congrats to lamaestra !

Amal how's things going???

ok well check back in soon!!

Filed: Timeline

Angel, that is so cute. Abdel and I had a good laugh about you guys chatting in the same room. We're on the computer a lot at the same time too, side by side, only a few feet apart, but I get busy reading here or paying bills or something while he listens to medi1 radio. They have a free recipe of the day, so he's been translating it on Alta Vista (it's in French) and yahoo messaging it to me to save in my recipe files. Some of the translations are hilarious. One recipe this week said to use 3 glasses of flour (should have been cups). I told him to leave it in French so I can start learning it faster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Windancer have a safe trip. Enjoy every monent with your husband!!!

Well not much happening at my end. I bought a dell lap tap computer so now me and anmar can play yahoo pool, and just for fun we chat to each other even though we are in the same room :lol:

I was thinking I don't think we officially welcomed Jordanian Princess and LebaneseBride and jessNgeorges and Dixie Peach to our little Yallah Middle East thread .If i am forgetting anyone let me know. As you already know anything goes here and just a good place to vent. So welcome. (F)(F)

Mary how are you doing? Any news yet? Praying for you girl!!

Honeyblonde i see you got a RFE hopefully it's resolved soon.

Congrats to lamaestra !

Amal how's things going???

ok well check back in soon!!

Angel, that is so cute. Abdel and I had a good laugh about you guys chatting in the same room. We're on the computer a lot at the same time too, side by side, only a few feet apart, but I get busy reading here or paying bills or something while he listens to medi1 radio. They have a free recipe of the day, so he's been translating it on Alta Vista (it's in French) and yahoo messaging it to me to save in my recipe files. Some of the translations are hilarious. One recipe this week said to use 3 glasses of flour (should have been cups). I told him to leave it in French so I can start learning it faster.

angel... ty for the welcome... i sometimes don't know what to say, and just lurk on this thread... but, it tickles me when i can finally pop in and say soemthing... haha... wishing all of the MIddle East Yallah thread success in all endeavors...

liz... that is so sweet how abdel translates the recipes for you... and also funny... so glad that you guys are so happy! you deserve it! *hugs*

Blessings to all

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Things here are great.. nothing much has changed.. New movie of the day is "the tunnel" about the Berlin wall construction and how it affected the people. Again, make sure it has subtitles, its in German. No, I'm not a foreign film nut, I promise :hehe::innocent: I honestly thought it was in English when I rented it. I'll know to check better next time. My husband has informed me that he has now officially watched more movies than in his whole life combined. Now I know how truely boring my town is..

(F) amal (F)

By the way.. JP I LOVE YOUR AVATAR... Where did you find that????

Edited by amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Thanks for the welcome!! :) helloooooooooo to all!!! Heehee i dunno why i am in such a good mood but the past few days ive been feeling great........i am working out and tryin to lose some weight......and i am of course still counting down the days til i go home to visit....currently there are 206 more wake ups!!

I am really hoping that all of your journeys will be smooth!!

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Angel I am hanging in there.

Visa no news yet. I am gettting conflicting reports and contacted my congressman that would not help me earlier. I had to fax them a release letter and information on our case. Right now the embassy says the case is in the USA. When I call DOS they say it is at the embassy. I got up and called the embassy at 3 am and they will not tell me anything but he is in AP. So keeping my fingers crossed I can find out some news soon.

Congrats on your laptop purchase and sounds like you are enjoying youirselves. Take care.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.